• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Here is everything I have heard over the past few days

First a message to some people,

A lot of you know I have sources. I have broken things like the botched Tony Gonzalez trade, the Drayton Florence signing, a possible trade for Stroud, Brian Brohm's signing etc. etc. etc. before other media outlets. I've also been wrong before. But that is the nature of the business.

I don't, however, feel the need to share my personal life, or my true place of employment with anyone on a Bills message board.

I just don't want something I say on a message board to come back and bite me on the ass, but I really enjoy it here. The majority of you are very intelligent, and I absolutely love Bills fans. Best in the league.

I keep my name and job out of this for anonymity. Something that posters like Coach Sal and Pat Moran don't have the luxury of, due to their websites and such.

Which is fine, that is their choice and rightfully so. But I believe it gives them undeserved criticism. They do more for this site and Bills fans in general than is asked of them, and for that I am personally thankful.

Enough with that, I didn't come here to preach, but I think it must be said that I have a lot of respect for Coach Sal and Pat Moran as should all of you... Now let's get to the point.

I've kept quiet long enough. With all the conflicting and now, disappointing reports coming out, I just didn't want to give my side of the story. I have yet to receive a credible source on the situation.

Count in that I have heard so many different rumors and info, on different sides of the fence, I just have kept my mouth (or keyboard) shut. Nothing has been concrete.

But after listening to Sal's show last night, it really helped fill in some blanks for me and kind of added credibility to some of the things i have been hearing. (So thanks Sal, it appears we have been fed some of the same information, btw. great show, enjoyable and you keep it interesting.)

So here it goes.

I have heard everything from the Bills and Cowher were close to signing a contract, to Cowher told the Bills no weeks ago.

However, this is the information I am most confident in:

The Bills went (or all still going) all out for Bill Cowher.

This is a case of a team putting all of their eggs in one basket. And now having limited options as a result.

There was a reason I was so confident Cowher would come here a week or so ago, because I was hearing that the Bills were doing a good job of getting Cowher's attention.

However, somewhere along the line, something broke down. From what I am hearing it was right around the time Ralph was quoted as saying, "ask him." when asked about Cowher coming to Buffalo.

Somewhere around that time, Cowher and the Bills kind of stopped talking, or slowed talks.

From what I heard last night, and this morning the Bills made Cowher a very impressive offer, but Cowher is just not 100% interested in the Buffalo job. He feels it may not be the best situation for him personally.

Now, out of all this I am certain. And if you have read my posts I have been saying this even BEFORE Coach Sal's show last night.

THE BILLS MADE ONE HELL OF A GO AT COWHER.

Are the talks closed? I dont know.

Has Cowher said no? Maybe. I havent heard that.

Will Cowher be in Buffalo? Probably not. But I have no clue.

Another tidbit I have received, is that Grimm will most likely not sign with Buffalo unless they make him an offer that really makes him think the situation over. He is happy in Arizona and has a good rapport with the players and coaches. THAT is from a VERY credible source in Arizona.

Leslie Frazier is the one person I cant get any good info on. I have heard that he is THE guy for Buffalo and the only thing left is dotting the T's and crossing the I's.

But, I have also heard the Bills were waiting on Grimm and (before he declined) Schottenheimer to make a decision.

So . I would trust T-Long. He is a good poster with quality sources.

If what he has posted is true, than the Bills have most likely realized Grimm really doesn't want to be here and Frazier is the guy.

So, nothing too new. A lot of it is what Coach Sal said in his show. So I guess I am just verifying it based on my own findings. I found the Grimm information good and solid.

Do I still have hope for Cowher? Not as much as I did a few days ago. But, I guess there is always a chance until he or the Bills say no.

But it is looking more like Grimm or Frazier with the betting odds being in Frazier's favor. Which in my OPINION is a huge mistake.

Anyway, I am not like some of these other posters out there. I have no reason to screw with you. Bills fans shouldn't do that to each other.
    I am The Batman.
  • TerrellOwensSharpie8
    • Jan 2010

Re: Here is everything I have heard over the past few days

thanks for the information.

Comment

• Coach Sal
      • Aug 2006

Good stuff. Thanks for al the good things you said about me and the show. I understand keeping most of your identity a secret. I often wish I could, but it's too late for that. I've always appreciated your input and trusted you. And you're right, we're ALL Bills fans. We shouldn't be tearing each others' throats out over who the next coach will be and/or who knows, doesn't know, or claims to know what. It's getting ridiculous.

As far as the post, it's more stuff like this that keeps many of us believing it could still happen. If it doesn't, I'll be disappointed, but still do my job as a member of the media and root for the team as a fan. If it does, I'll so elated as BOTH a fan and a guy who does a talk show from his mom's basement. Because that would make for great shows headed into next season!
      Last edited by Coach Sal; 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM.
      Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
      And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Blame Canada
        • Jan 2010

nothing new here but thanks for sharing

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Coach Sal
          Good stuff. Thanks for al the good things you said about me and the show. I understand keeping most of your identity a secret. I often wish I could, but it's too late for that. I've always appreciated your input and trusted you. And you're right, we're ALL Bills fans. We shouldn't be tearing each others' throats out over who the next coach will be and/or who knows, doesn't know, or claims to know what. It's getting ridiculous.

As far as the post, it's more stuff like this that keeps many of us believing it could still happen. If it doesn't, I'll be disappointed, but still do my job as a member of the media and root for the team as a fan. If it does, I'll so elated as BOTH a fan and a guy who does a talk show from his mom's basement. Because that would make for great shows headed into next season!

It is pretty ridiculous. I guess it is to be expected at a time like this though. Thanks for the response. I will keep faith that there is a chance Cowher will change his mind, but at this point, that faith is waning. It was going strong a little bit ago though!
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
            • Jan 2010

If Cowher wants to coach, he has to come here. I don't care if he isn't 100% interested. The chances of someone outside of Buffalo being 100% interested are low. If he is even 75% interested I will gladly accept him here. Jim Kelly didn't want to come here either
            Last edited by TerrellOwensSharpie8; 01-14-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Poz's Posse
              • Dec 2008

Thanks for the post.......I have a question for you..........

You said that they made a heck of a run at him (as you know it).....

Tonight Joe (i know is it credible) says that the message to him was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse. Final decision on player moves and a commitment to pay for players. This was also mentioned in an earier post by him..........

Do you think this is part of the negotiation process that was mentioned on Sal's show last night......or more that Ralph has in fact gone as far as he is willing to go hence the "you'll have to ask him"..........

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Poz's Posse

Tonight Joe (i know is it credible) says that the message to him was that R&R are getting internal pressure to make Cowher the offer he can't refuse. Final decision on player moves and a commitment to pay for players. This was also mentioned in an earier post by him..........

Do you think this is part of the negotiation process that was mentioned on Sal's show last night......or more that Ralph has in fact gone as far as he is willing to go hence the "you'll have to ask him"..........

No one but Cowher and the Bills can possibly know that. Except for Cowher's agent. Maybe his family.

I have no way of knowing what has been said between the two parties.

My information is simply put, the Bills made Cowher an offer, it was a very good offer.

It is obviously lucrative enough for Cowher not to come out and say no to the Bills.

As for all the specifics, I couldn't tell you. And nor, would I even pretend I could.

Has Ralph put his final offer on the table? Maybe. But I think its more likely he could revise it, especially now that he is watching other candidates walk away.

Is that a possibility (what Joe Logan has reported), that there is more involved in the process than money? absolutely.

But, no I can't elaborate on those specifics. I am in the dark on that.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
                  • Jan 2010

I tend to think the silence would make sense in this scenario:

Cowher is interested enough to not decline the original offer because it was good $. However, he wants commitment from Ralph that we can spend good $ on players and coaches.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Dude, if I knew who you were, I would hug ya!!!

You're lucid, informative posts are appreciated. I like the straight poop, as well as the attitude of solidarity amongst Bills fans. You are a class act. These are turbulent times, and there is an outrageous amount of childish posts, and unnecessary personal attacks happening in all of the threads.

Poor Pat has been run up the cross for his passion as a Bills fan, and while it hasn't been so bad for Coach Sal, he has been scrutinized as well. T-Long broke a lot of hearts tonight, and denial runs deep, but I think you pretty much just cleared this up.

It is difficult being a Bills fans, and we are all tired of losing, and getting weary with the HC-search. It would be nice if this one would end in our favor. I think we all feel the future of this franchise hinging on this move. This may, or may not, be true, but let's hope that we come away feeling good.

Thank you, and keep the hope....who knows, maybe Ralph cuts the strings off of the purse. I am not sure that Cowher is the best option, which I was once very sure of, but if we want to win, I don't see a better option.

Who knows, maybe we'll be Talkin' Proud real soon!!! Thanks, again.

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
                      • Jan 2010

I really think the main issue between Cowher coming here or not is being able to pay coaches and having a good player budget

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

IF, big if, Cowher accepts this offer, at this point, I don't know what I'd be happier about. Would I be happy we got Cowher or would I be happy we made Adam Scheffter look like a total idiot? Probably happier b/c of Cowher, but I'd still laugh my butt off about Scheff getting egg all over his face.
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Poz's Posse

God point Poz! If Joe Logans info is correct then all this talk about the Bills taking one hell of a run at Cowher is a bunch of bull****. They, not Cowher ****ed up again. What a suprise Being willing to pay him is not enough.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                            • Feb 2009

I just think it's funny so many people are going to be pissed about Frazier yet he's the only one right now truly wanting to come here. I hope it's Grimm but I like Frazier, he's been a great candidate. I know he was passed over on the Lions and Rams job but other great coaches have been passed over to. Miami passed on Tomlin, Peyton, Caldwell, Wisenhunt was passed up on.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

I don't mean to be critical but you told us nothing we didn't already know.

Comment

Working...
                              X