PDA

View Full Version : Two franchise tags?

psubills62
01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Too bad we don't have anyone that's worth tagging. I didn't realize this, though, so I thought it would be interesting to share:

from rotoworld.com, under Kevin Walter (who might not be a bad FA signing, depending on the price):

With no CBA, each team has two transition tags and two franchise tags to use.

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Yep and you have to have 6 years in the league this offseason to be a UFA (It used to be 4 years)

SO 2 tags per team and 6 years to be a UFA = a heluva lot less FA's available

this has been discussed here some

psubills62
01-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Yep and you have to have 6 years in the league this offseason to be a UFA (It used to be 4 years)

SO 2 tags per team and 6 years to be a UFA = a heluva lot less FA's available

this has been discussed here some

Hm sorry, didn't realize it had already been discussed on here.

I would have to imagine that the reduced pool of FA's each year will contribute to the player's union quickly working to get a new CBA in place. Otherwise, I'm sure a lot of players will be unhappy.

Coach Sal
01-14-2010, 09:10 AM
http://www.salsports.com/www.SalSports.com/NFL_CBA_Q%26A.html

Iehoshua
01-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Could they go back and retroactively tag Antoine Winfield, and Pat Williams?

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Hm sorry, didn't realize it had already been discussed on here.

I would have to imagine that the reduced pool of FA's each year will contribute to the player's union quickly working to get a new CBA in place. Otherwise, I'm sure a lot of players will be unhappy.

no reason why we can't have this discussion again... Good way to take our mind off the coaching search crap fest

The uncapped year this year has some emergency rules in place to keep things from getting out of hand. However 2011 is shaping up to be a lockout season.... Whatever the league and players agree upon is what they will be playing under in 2011. If they have no agreement there will be no NFL until they do, unless you want to watch scab games

clumping platelets
01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Just remember that there is no salary cap but there is also no salary floor

psubills62
01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Just remember that there is no salary cap but there is also no salary floor

Hopefully Ralph won't take too much advantage of this :sick:

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Hopefully Ralph won't take too much advantage of this :sick:

if he did he won't be around in 2011.. I'm sure some fan will have lost it once and for all if he tries this :coffee:

psubills62
01-14-2010, 09:20 AM
no reason why we can't have this discussion again... Good way to take our mind off the coaching search crap fest

The uncapped year this year has some emergency rules in place to keep things from getting out of hand. However 2011 is shaping up to be a lockout season.... Whatever the league and players agree upon is what they will be playing under in 2011. If they have no agreement there will be no NFL until they do, unless you want to watch scab games

Yeah, I'm really hoping they get their act together and get a new CBA. Doesn't look like anyone cares too much to create a new one, though.

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I'm really hoping they get their act together and get a new CBA. Doesn't look like anyone cares too much to create a new one, though.

they definitely haven't sat down and begun negotiaitons yet... I would hope they would consider starting the negotiaitons this offseason

clumping platelets
01-14-2010, 09:23 AM
There have been 10 bargaining sessions

Beebe's Kid
01-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Scabs you say...that might make us a competitor again...

That is completely sarcastic, but possibly true.

Throne Logic
01-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Scabs you say...that might make us a competitor again...

That is completely sarcastic, but possibly true.

It could be the evil plan to dump the current roster completely and start over on an even level with everyone else . . .

k-oneputt
01-14-2010, 10:03 AM
With the coaching situation {Frazier}, and a no floor salary cap {which without doubt Ralph will take adnatage of imo}; I am know almost hoping these losers draft a wide receiver with the 9th pick so I can officially be done with them.

k-oneputt
01-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Actually who would you tag on this roster ?
You have three players I could see worth while but they still have years on their rookie contracts. McKelvin, Byrd, and Wood. That is sad. Three players who have legit big upside and the rest could walk and it really wouldn't matter.

Mahdi
01-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Transition tagging Owens might show that the Bills have some intelligence. Not going to happen though.