PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the perfect coach Grimm

soapman
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey Teryl Austin is the Defensive Backs Coach in AZ. He was on the staff of the superbowl seattle team and the cardinals. Proven winner. Let's bring him in. Good HC candidate right?

Or even better, Matt Raich, why isn't he being considered? He was on that steelers staff with Grimm and the Az staff now. I mean he's a linebackers coach but hey, he's a winner right? I mean his teams win. Why isn't he being considered? Clearly he's a winner.

So was Kevin Spencer, the Special Teams coach. Same thing. Coached for the steelers during they're super bowl run and the cardinals. Hey another proven winner? He coached under Bill Belichek, Jon Gruden, Tony Dungy, and Bill Cohwer! He has to know how to run the show! Why aren't we bringing these guys in dammit!

soapman
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Shocker no one has anything to say about these candidates. It would ruin the point that Grimm is at all qualified...

Pinkerton Security
01-14-2010, 01:03 PM
good point. the fact is, there is no scientific method for knowing whether a coach will succeed, it is generally a crapshoot just like the draft. this is why i dont understand all the animosity towards certain HC candidates.

McBFLO
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Grimm has been the assistant HC for the Steelers and Cards, so you can't really compare them to the special teams coaches on the teams you mentioned. Apples and oranges. Also, as far as I know, none of the guys you mentioned were EVER considered for a HC by any other team in the league where Grimm has been, for several teams.

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
the animosity comes from the fact that we've failed miserably at every thing for over 10 years

it's why many of us prefer we don't hire a coordinator 1st time HC here because our confidence in such a candidate is automatically low.

But Grimm has been a strong candidate for a few years now... He's interviewed for HC positions before which does give him a a leg up on many other up and coming coaches working their ways through the ranks...

Grimm does do one thing real well, and that is build OL's and that is music to my ears

McBFLO
01-14-2010, 01:13 PM
People have to remember too, Bill Cowher was a first time HC when he took over the Steelers job and look how that turned out. Grimm will be a great HC.

soapman
01-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Grimm has been the assistant HC for the Steelers and Cards, so you can't really compare them to the special teams coaches on the teams you mentioned. Apples and oranges. Also, as far as I know, none of the guys you mentioned were EVER considered for a HC by any other team in the league where Grimm has been, for several teams.

Apples and Oranges? Really? Grimm is a glorified position coach. The reason he gets passed over is because he belongs in the group I mentioned above. Good coaches, on good teams, with good results. He has as much to do with them winning as those coaches do. He shouldn't be a HC candidate in my opinion no more than they should. That's my point.

soapman
01-14-2010, 01:14 PM
People have to remember too, Bill Cowher was a first time HC when he took over the Steelers job and look how that turned out. Grimm will be a great HC.

But he wasn't a position coach before he was a HC. He was a coordinator.

soapman
01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
the animosity comes from the fact that we've failed miserably at every thing for over 10 years

it's why many of us prefer we don't hire a coordinator 1st time HC here because our confidence in such a candidate is automatically low.

But Grimm has been a strong candidate for a few years now... He's interviewed for HC positions before which does give him a a leg up on many other up and coming coaches working their ways through the ranks...

Grimm does do one thing real well, and that is build OL's and that is music to my ears

He has a leg up because he interviewed before? Right....

He does do that which is why he'd make a great OL coach...