PDA

View Full Version : Some Frazier press conference comments

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/81533157.html?elr=KArks:DCiUMEaPc:UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

He handles himself well with words if nothing else

Beebe's Kid
01-14-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/81533157.html?elr=KArks:DCiUMEaPc:UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

He may grown on me...especially if it is a given that Saunders comes with him. I looked into his system, and if we could get a level of success blitzing the QB, I would be on board. I looked into his defenses a little bit, and I like what I found. I guess that I am just so hungry for an offensively explosive team....

LABillsFan
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
"I'd like to get a third ring" that says a lot.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I know we all want cowher but im fine with frazier, he wants to be here and also has head coaching experience.... im sure he will be a good coach!

tampabay25690
01-14-2010, 03:45 PM
He may grown on me...especially if it is a given that Saunders comes with him. I looked into his system, and if we could get a level of success blitzing the QB, I would be on board. I looked into his defenses a little bit, and I like what I found. I guess that I am just so hungry for an offensively explosive team....

You can have all the offensive mided guys on the BILLS but who is going to throw the ball???

Defense wins games...

WeAreArthurMoates
01-14-2010, 04:01 PM

The great thing with frazier is that he will only need to more players on that D to really make it great, 3 if Schobel retires. He will most certainly get bigger at linebacker and there's no doubt he gets a run stuffing dt. He will have this team blitzing more. Our talent level in the secondary is much better than the Vikes so that's a huge plus.

jamze132
01-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Frazier didn't build that defense in Minny.

Syderick
01-15-2010, 12:35 AM

But he kept it going. Aswell as making every defence he was on better.

jamze132
01-15-2010, 01:00 AM
But he kept it going. Aswell as making every defence he was on better.
How hard is it to keep a defense full of pro bowlers going?

The challenge is turning the players into pro bowlers.

Syderick
01-15-2010, 01:50 AM

It's not easy to maintain, coaching is a factor.

Ingtar33
01-15-2010, 02:45 AM
turd polishing

we got nothing left to do but polish **** and hope it turns into gold. God this team is a joke. Look at what it's reduced it's awesome fan base to.

delusional turd polishing over DJ v2.0

Prov401
01-15-2010, 03:30 AM
You know what. He wants to be here. He wants to be apart of the community. I'm sure he's going to do everything in his power to help this team get into the playoffs. If anything, I want a coach to be proud of being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. My team.

If Cowher doesn't want the opportunity to right this ship with one of the richest contracts reportedly being offered to him.....F*** him. I do agree with Ralph in a degree as far as getting somebody who wants to be apart of the community. Is he my number one choice? No. There are about 5 other people I would take over him. But, like I said. He wants the job. I will take a passionate coach over a coach who's just about the $ any day of the week.

jamze132
01-15-2010, 04:31 AM
You know what. He wants to be here. He wants to be apart of the community. I'm sure he's going to do everything in his power to help this team get into the playoffs. If anything, I want a coach to be proud of being the head coach of the Buffalo Bills. My team.

If Cowher doesn't want the opportunity to right this ship with one of the richest contracts reportedly being offered to him.....F*** him. I do agree with Ralph in a degree as far as getting somebody who wants to be apart of the community. Is he my number one choice? No. There are about 5 other people I would take over him. But, like I said. He wants the job. I will take a passionate coach over a coach who's just about the $ any day of the week.

You really think that Frazier wants to be in Buffalo? He could probably give two ****s where he is as long as he is a head coach in the NFL.

Let's not make it sound like Frazier wants to be in Buffalo and Cowher doesn't.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 07:43 AM

You mean like he did with Bob Sanders and Anthony Bethea?

madness
01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
I could understand how people would be afraid of a top tier defense...

Frazier has been considered a defensive mastermind no matter what kind of talent he has. With his Tampa 2 background he could convert this defense to a 3-4 with minimal overhaul. The biggest thing people overlook (which also happens to be my favorite part) is that besides being a Dungy disciple, he learned the in's and out's of Ryan's "46" and still uses Ryan's blitz/pressure QB packages today in Minny. I have a feeling Frazier is going to earn a lot of respect from Bills fans when he succesfully brings the heat on Homo and Co.

The only question I have with him, would be: Can he bring in the right coaches to turn around this offense? Only Nix knows that at this point.

In 2005, Frazier was hired by Tony Dungy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Dungy) as a defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_Colts), receiving the title of Special Assistant to the Head Coach as well as Defensive Backs Coach. He was specifically brought in by Dungy to help the Colts young corps of Defensive Backs. During his time in Indy the Colts passing defense improved from 15th in 2005 to 2nd in 2006.

"He is imminently qualified for the job," NFL.com writer Vic Carucci (http://www.nfl.com/news/author?id=09000d5d80021357) said of Frazier. "He has really earned his way through the league as an assistant coach, and he is one of the most highly-respected coordinators in the league."

As defensive coordinator, Frazier has experience working with the Tampa 2 (Indianapolis) and the Cover 2 (Philadelphia and Minnesota). That's a positive in that Buffalo's entire defense wouldn't need to be revamped. Yes, some of the positions need to be upgraded, but it would be much less disruptive than switching to a 3-4 alignment. In 2008, the Vikings became the first team since the NFL/AFL merger to lead the league in rushing yards allowed for three consecutive seasons. That could be a major improvement for the Bills, who have ranked in the bottom ten each season since 2005. Frazier also likes to blitz (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/4076/have-at-it-measuring-the-blitz)a lot to create pressure up the middle, which can be attributed to his time in Philadelphia under Jim Johnson.

Don Banks recently placed Frazier's name (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/11/19/coaches/index.html)among the likes of Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher in his list of potential new head coaches for 2010. In the past two years, he has interviewed in Miami, St. Louis, Denver, and Detroit, and his defense continues to play well, increasing the likelihood he is hired away in the near future.

Frazier, by all accounts, is a great motivator and rarely fails to have his team prepared for an opponent. As much as I would hate to see my team lose him, I think he's very deserving of a shot as a head coach in the NFL.

[I see him fitting in] on two fronts: One, Frazier is a very talented coach who comes from the Tony Dungy school of thought. He treats players like men, not children. He will hold players accountable but he does so in a respectful manner. Players appreciate this and rave about him wherever he goes. Two, Frazier is schooled in Tampa-2. This means Buffalo does not have to overhaul the talent on the defense.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2010, 08:58 AM

I'm pretty sure you said this about Perry Fewell.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-15-2010, 09:18 AM

Ya and Rex Ryan didn't build the one in Baltimore, he just kept it going, as is Madisoo there d coordinator now. What's your point.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Frezier sounds pretty determined

Prov401
01-15-2010, 12:09 PM
You really think that Frazier wants to be in Buffalo? He could probably give two ****s where he is as long as he is a head coach in the NFL.

Let's not make it sound like Frazier wants to be in Buffalo and Cowher doesn't.

This whole statement is an opinion, thus was mine.

Yea, I hear you...Most people who take jobs never ever ever look into the community. You know. Where they're going to live? Oh, and where they're kids are going to go to school? Yea,...I'm sure he'd take a job in Oakland just because it's a job. There are factors into what the community, town, and people are like that contributes into a coach moving his family and life into it for at least 3 years or so.

To sum it up. Yea, I do think Frazier gives two s****.

jamze132
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Ya and Rex Ryan didn't build the one in Baltimore, he just kept it going, as is Madisoo there d coordinator now. What's your point.
Who mentioned Rex Ryan's defense in this thread? We aren't even talking about his situation in Baltimore or NY...

What's your point?

WeAreArthurMoates
01-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Who mentioned Rex Ryan's defense in this thread? We aren't even talking about his situation in Baltimore or NY...

What's your point?

My point is that everyone is saying look at the talent he has in Minnesota. Well, Ryan had better talent in Baltimore and is successful with less in NY. Seems to me that this has a lot in common. That's my freaking point.

How's does this not pretain to exactly what you said. Boy you just got OWNED!

jamze132
01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
My point is that everyone is saying look at the talent he has in Minnesota. Well, Ryan had better talent in Baltimore and is successful with less in NY. Seems to me that this has a lot in common. That's my freaking point.

How's does this not pretain to exactly what you said. Boy you just got OWNED!
WOW. Owned? :rofl: Go get your Garbage Pail Kids lunch box ready for school on Monday Sparkles...

And BTW, Frazier in Minny has absolutely nothing to do with Ryan in Balitmore or NY. Two different DCs, 3 different teams. Ryan just proved he could leave a good defense and create a better one. Frazier hasn't proven that and I don't want to give him the chance to do so either way in Buffalo.

Jeff1220
01-16-2010, 01:28 PM
WOW. Owned? :rofl: Go get your Garbage Pail Kids lunch box ready for school on Monday Sparkles...

And BTW, Frazier in Minny has absolutely nothing to do with Ryan in Balitmore or NY. Two different DCs, 3 different teams. Ryan just proved he could leave a good defense and create a better one. Frazier hasn't proven that and I don't want to give him the chance to do so either way in Buffalo.

WAM23's point is a valid one. The same criticism on Frazier that the quality play of and talent on his D in Minny was there before he got there is the same criticism as it was for Ryan in Baltimore when he left to be a HC.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-16-2010, 03:15 PM

Wow dude you still can't dispute my post. It has everything to do with what you said. You said that Frazier was only successful cause of his talent. I said the same thing was said about Rex. Frazier has not had a chance to prove that. Why don't you try picking up football for dummies 101 and you can read it while you drive the short bus to boces.

jamze132
01-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow dude you still can't dispute my post. It has everything to do with what you said. You said that Frazier was only successful cause of his talent. I said the same thing was said about Rex. Frazier has not had a chance to prove that. Why don't you try picking up football for dummies 101 and you can read it while you drive the short bus to boces.
Again, this thread has nothing to do with Rex Ryan, the Ravens, or the Jets. You are trying to make a point about a totally different coach. Just because Frazier and Ryan both inherited a good defense already in place doesn't mean anything.

If I really wanted to get off topic like you do, I could list probably a dozen other coaches who left a successful offense or defense to be a HC and layed a big turd. it goes both ways.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Again, this thread has nothing to do with Rex Ryan, the Ravens, or the Jets. You are trying to make a point about a totally different coach. Just because Frazier and Ryan both inherited a good defense already in place doesn't mean anything.

If I really wanted to get off topic like you do, I could list probably a dozen other coaches who left a successful offense or defense to be a HC and layed a big turd. it goes both ways.

Funny cause other people do think it's a valid point. It's not off topic one bit. You said he's only good cause of his talent, and I said the same thing was said about Rex Ryan. Every coordinator looking to finally become a headcoach has talent. Especially this late in the game.

Obviously your going to find some misses. But to strickly pidgen hole a guy like you are doing is the wrong way to look at it.

jamze132
01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Funny cause other people do think it's a valid point. It's not off topic one bit. You said he's only good cause of his talent, and I said the same thing was said about Rex Ryan. Every coordinator looking to finally become a headcoach has talent. Especially this late in the game.

Obviously your going to find some misses. But to strickly pidgen hole a guy like you are doing is the wrong way to look at it.

I pigeon hole'd no one. I just don't want Frazier as the next HC of the Bills. I don't think his christian style will suit this team, who needs a serious kick in the ass, not a prayer meeting. And I still think his defense he inherited did more for him than he did for it.