PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Question

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Pat,

To get the most bang out of the fans' buck (and get some more publicity), in light of the rumors out there that the Bills have tried hard for Cowher, Cowher probably rejected them, but for some strange reason the door appears to be open, can you modify the billboard for the last couple days to:

"Bills fans are still hoping for Coach Cowher in Buffalo!" or something to that effect?

It will keep things current, let Bill know we know where things stand, and give you the chance to go back to the TV stations, etc. one more time for some more billboard publicity.

Just an idea.

Mitchell55
01-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah it will realy attract Grimm or Billick, and itll make Cowher change his mind

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah it will realy attract Grimm or Billick, and itll make Cowher change his mind

Grimm isn't coming here. Billick is not going to be interviewed, per Buddy Nix.

better days
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Grimm isn't coming here. Billick is not going to be interviewed, per Buddy Nix.

Didn't Billick say something to the effect of "who would want to coach in Buffalo?" a while back? If that is the case, he must have really pizzed off Ralph & Buddy.

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
New idea being passed around BBMB

We need to send about 1000 chicken wings to CBS studios C/O Bill Cowher from Bills fans

and of course attach the message that says Bills fans are not giving up the hope that you'll come to our town and help us get our football team back on track.

If Bill can turn down that then I'll walk away from the dream....

However where could we find a Chicken wing dealer in NYC that can deliver a respectable wing. Shipping them overnight ain't going to cut it

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 03:21 PM

We need to send about 1000 chicken wings to CBS studios C/O Bill Cowher from Bills fans

and of course attach the message that says Bills fans are not giving up the hope that you'll come to our town and help us get our football team back on track.

However where could we find a Chicken wing dealer in NYC that can deliver a respectable wing. Shipping them overnight ain't going to cut it

www.anchorbar.com

ct bills fan
01-14-2010, 03:38 PM
www.anchorbar.com

Not a bad idea

ddaryl
01-14-2010, 03:49 PM
www.anchorbar.com (http://www.anchorbar.com)

do they have a NYC address ?

I wouldn't want to ship them overnight, soggy wings are a crime

If they do then a few of us need to spring for some wings delivered with a message

I'm in...

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 03:53 PM
I gotta admit.

That's a hell of an idea.

And one I dont want to get involved with though!

Too much work and though I've also gotten some great publiclity and feedback, I took enough of a beating from the billboard.

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 03:55 PM

Crazy idea, probably would get on TV tho

trapezeus
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Atomic wings in NYC is a chain in new york that provides wings that taste like pizzeria wings from buffalo. They're no duff's jumbo wings, but they are respectable and can satisfy a craving.

I have no idea how you'd get the wings to the CBS people....

Ddaryl, it is an awesome idea though. The note should say, "if you come spice up buffalo, we'll provide the wings. -Buffalo Fans"

Michael82
01-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Atomic wings in NYC is a chain in new york that provides wings that taste like pizzeria wings from buffalo. They're no duff's jumbo wings, but they are respectable and can satisfy a craving.

I have no idea how you'd get the wings to the CBS people....

Ddaryl, it is an awesome idea though. The note should say, "if you come spice up buffalo, we'll provide the wings. -Buffalo Fans"
That sounds like an excellent idea! :up:

What about the NYC Bills Backers bar? Can't they come up with some delicious Buffalo Wings and send them to CBS? Or maybe we could have all the NYC Bills Backers go outside the studio and chant "We Want Cowher"

Beebe's Kid
01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
do they have a NYC address ?

I wouldn't want to ship them overnight, soggy wings are a crime

If they do then a few of us need to spring for some wings delivered with a message

I'm in...

How about financing the fuel for somebody to drive them to NYC, preferably with Billy Buffalo in the car to deliver them to the studio. They could put them in one of the heater bags for the drive.

Or even a flight. It is only like 1/2hr from Buf to La Guardia, then about 15-20 cab ride into Manhattan...

I'd throw in on it. I said I was done spending time and $, concerning Joe Logan's letters, but this...this has legs!!

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Anchor Bar delivers them with dry ice... you have to put them in the oven yourself.

This whole wing thing to the studio has "Dateline: How to Catch a Predator" written all over it...

Novacane
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
1000 wings in NYC will probably cost as much as our billboard did.

trapezeus
01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
That sounds like an excellent idea! :up:

What about the NYC Bills Backers bar? Can't they come up with some delicious Buffalo Wings and send them to CBS? Or maybe we could have all the NYC Bills Backers go outside the studio and chant "We Want Cowher"

That's the real idea. cost effective, possible TV exposure. can we email matt and see if he can use his email list of 1000+ to come together this sunday at 11am and demand cowher?

Michael82
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
That's the real idea. cost effective, possible TV exposure. can we email matt and see if he can use his email list of 1000+ to come together this sunday at 11am and demand cowher?
Go for it! where have billsfanone been lately? him and BillsNYC would be the best people to help set this up!