X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Clayton on WGR

Ok, Clayton just told Schopp and Bulldog that Ralph wasn't interested in Marty Schottenheimer. Clayton, in his trademark whiny-tone, said that Marty said today that he would definitely not take the job. This is horrible if we really didn't talk to Marty. I have a problem accepting that Ralph would have nixed (no pun intended) Marty S. Clayton speculates that it was something Ralph would have heard out of San Diego.

He also said that there may be a connection with Brian declined the interview.

They also said that Grimm isn't going to interview...I thought they were interviewing him today?? Either way, Clayton says that Grimm is not interested in our job, and may not interview at all.

They then brought up Billick. Clayton is as baffled as the rest of us. He said he is a willing candidate, has a staff, and is a winner. Also he has offensive mind, HC experience, and he said we have not approached him.

I don't necessarily care for Schopp and Bulldog, and I really dislike Clayton, but there was some telling info here. Clayton was pretty sure of himself in his statements, there was no guess work here.

The take around the league is that we are getting too picky. I read this board way too much, and I read all of these threads. We know less than we did when Jauron was fired. This is hard to take.

• mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: Clayton on WGR

prolly lying to cover his ass because he was certain that brian or marty would be the coach

Comment

• mrdeadlier
      • Jan 2010

Ralph probably doesn't want to pony up for the airfare to go visit the prospective candidates.

For crying out loud, interview anyone and everyone. Do your due diligence!

This stinks because I was really cool with the idea of Billick as our HC. At least he brings relevance and street cred.
      #BillsMafia. Created by the fans and embraced by the players. Join the family.

Comment

• LABillsFan
        • Aug 2002

It's obvious the Bills have certain parameters they want to work within, meaning they are not going to do what it takes and having the mentality of who can we get and not who do we get to win.
        Last edited by LABillsFan; 01-14-2010, 04:24 PM.
        I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

If there's one thing I learned is that I have better sources than Clayton, mind you my sources are usually my cat and dog. I ignore everything he says. There's a reason why Mort and Scheft are on monday night countdown and Clayton is not. Hell the guy lives in Seatle and he didn't even break the carroll story.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

I wouldn't trust Clayton to pour me a glass of water, let alone give me information on our front office.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Oh Christ when did we become the Raiders where nobody wants our job? How did we ever get to this point??? WTF???

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Did Clayton say the perception around the league is we are getting to picky?

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

The Bills should host a local tryout to find their next head coach.... I'll be the first one in line.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
                    Did Clayton say the perception around the league is we are getting to picky?
                    He went on to say (along with that statement) the Bills aren't being that aggressive and that they aren't setting their sites high enough.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                      He went on to say (along with that statement) the Bills aren't being that aggressive and that they aren't setting their sites high enough.
                      That makes no sense. First we are to picky but then we are not setting our sites high enough. The little pencil necked geek contradicts himself with those 2 statements? He knows nothing imo.

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2004

huh? Sights not set high enough? What about Cowher? Is there someone above him?

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                        per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by LABillsFan
                          Hopefully that is not true as it would be pretty damning if it were.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

He was pretty adamant that Billick wants the job, but we won't even call him.

Comment

• Novacane
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                              He was pretty adamant that Billick wants the job, but we won't even call him.

Stupid that they won't at least interview him.

Comment

Working...
                              X