PDA

View Full Version : Clayton on WGR

Beebe's Kid
01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Ok, Clayton just told Schopp and Bulldog that Ralph wasn't interested in Marty Schottenheimer. Clayton, in his trademark whiny-tone, said that Marty said today that he would definitely not take the job. This is horrible if we really didn't talk to Marty. I have a problem accepting that Ralph would have nixed (no pun intended) Marty S. Clayton speculates that it was something Ralph would have heard out of San Diego.

He also said that there may be a connection with Brian declined the interview.

They also said that Grimm isn't going to interview...I thought they were interviewing him today?? Either way, Clayton says that Grimm is not interested in our job, and may not interview at all.

They then brought up Billick. Clayton is as baffled as the rest of us. He said he is a willing candidate, has a staff, and is a winner. Also he has offensive mind, HC experience, and he said we have not approached him.

I don't necessarily care for Schopp and Bulldog, and I really dislike Clayton, but there was some telling info here. Clayton was pretty sure of himself in his statements, there was no guess work here.

The take around the league is that we are getting too picky. I read this board way too much, and I read all of these threads. We know less than we did when Jauron was fired. This is hard to take.

mrbojanglezs
01-14-2010, 04:17 PM
prolly lying to cover his ass because he was certain that brian or marty would be the coach

mrdeadlier
01-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Ralph probably doesn't want to pony up for the airfare to go visit the prospective candidates.

For crying out loud, interview anyone and everyone. Do your due diligence!

This stinks because I was really cool with the idea of Billick as our HC. At least he brings relevance and street cred.

LABillsFan
01-14-2010, 04:23 PM
It's obvious the Bills have certain parameters they want to work within, meaning they are not going to do what it takes and having the mentality of who can we get and not who do we get to win.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-14-2010, 04:24 PM
If there's one thing I learned is that I have better sources than Clayton, mind you my sources are usually my cat and dog. I ignore everything he says. There's a reason why Mort and Scheft are on monday night countdown and Clayton is not. Hell the guy lives in Seatle and he didn't even break the carroll story.

Dicknoze69
01-14-2010, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't trust Clayton to pour me a glass of water, let alone give me information on our front office.

Mr. Miyagi
01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Oh Christ when did we become the Raiders where nobody wants our job? How did we ever get to this point??? WTF???

Novacane
01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Did Clayton say the perception around the league is we are getting to picky?

DrGraves
01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
The Bills should host a local tryout to find their next head coach.... I'll be the first one in line.

LABillsFan
01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Did Clayton say the perception around the league is we are getting to picky?

He went on to say (along with that statement) the Bills aren't being that aggressive and that they aren't setting their sites high enough.

Novacane
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
He went on to say (along with that statement) the Bills aren't being that aggressive and that they aren't setting their sites high enough.

That makes no sense. First we are to picky but then we are not setting our sites high enough. The little pencil necked geek contradicts himself with those 2 statements? He knows nothing imo.

Cleve
01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
huh? Sights not set high enough? What about Cowher? Is there someone above him?

EDS
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM

Hopefully that is not true as it would be pretty damning if it were.

Beebe's Kid
01-14-2010, 04:38 PM
He was pretty adamant that Billick wants the job, but we won't even call him.

Novacane
01-14-2010, 04:41 PM
He was pretty adamant that Billick wants the job, but we won't even call him.

Stupid that they won't at least interview him.

Demon
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Did Clayton say that Jim Haslett is still our #1 guy to get?

Please. This guy has no connections to Ralph Wilson, Buddy Nix or Russ Brandon whats so ever. I don't believe one word this nerdtron says.

Jan Reimers
01-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Going ballistic over a John Clayton report shows how insane this board has become.

Please, guys, take a stiff drink, a deep breath, a prozac, a doobie, or whatever calms you down and just relax a bit.

mrdeadlier
01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
mind you i cannot stand clayton but in his defense, he was so on top of the marv transition and mularkey meetings when it all happened you would have thought that he was actually in OBD at the time

bob86
01-14-2010, 05:10 PM
When it comes to Clayton, and the others like him, I am reminded of the words to an Eagles song:

I am an expert witness, because I say I am
. . .
I'm a gun for hire, I'm a saint, I'm a liar
Because there are no facts, no truth, just data to be manipulated
I can get you any result you like....what's it worth to ya?
Because there is no wrong, there is no right
And I sleep very well at night
No shame, no solution
No remorse, no retribution

HAMMER
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Going ballistic over a John Clayton report shows how insane this board has become.

Please, guys, take a stiff drink, a deep breath, a prozac, a doobie, or whatever calms you down and just relax a bit.

:smoke: Welllll....it is getting close to 4:20 here in California.

SquishDaFish
01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
I dont believe a thing this midget says but I tell you all this... If it really does come to be true and Buffalo does go the crap rout if the by the beginning of the season they dont get me a reason to be excited Im done with this **** team. And I will search for where my fandom will be at.

Philagape
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Did Clayton say that Jim Haslett is still our #1 guy to get?

That would be a neat trick, him being the Bills coach and Redskins DC at the same time

YardRat
01-14-2010, 05:43 PM
That would be a neat trick, him being the Bills coach and Redskins DC at the same time

I think that was kind of the point.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
great just great...

Ingtar33
01-14-2010, 06:50 PM

I'm with you there. Clayton is the least informed asshat on ESPN

SeatownBillsFan21
01-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't trust Clayton to pour me a glass of water, let alone give me information on our front office.
Why not he has more info into the league than most people out there just because he is not telling you what you wanna hear he sucks i think not.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm with you there. Clayton is the least informed asshat on ESPN
How do you figure?????

jamze132
01-14-2010, 11:05 PM
ESPN has a bunch of douches involved in their football sector. Kiper and Clayton lead the pack.

LABillsFan
01-15-2010, 07:56 AM
That makes no sense. First we are to picky but then we are not setting our sites high enough. The little pencil necked geek contradicts himself with those 2 statements? He knows nothing imo.

It didn't make sense at first until Clayton followed up. I think what he was trying to say was, there are guys like Billick, who fit the profile of a coach the Bills want, experienced and with an offensive background, yet are not calling him. Picky as in, excluding some for whatever reason. Same with Marty.

Beebe's Kid
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
It didn't make sense at first until Clayton followed up. I think what he was trying to say was, there are guys like Billick, who fit the profile of a coach the Bills want, experienced and with an offensive background, yet are not calling him. Picky as in, excluding some for whatever reason. Same with Marty.

I am still f$%king blown away that we DON'T WANT Marty....

The fact that we don't even want these good coaches, makes this worse than I had ever thought.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Why not he has more info into the league than most people out there just because he is not telling you what you wanna hear he sucks i think not.

Ya he's so well connected that he couldn't even break the biggest story in his own damn town. If he was still an insider he would of broken the Carroll to the seahawks news.

Buddo
01-15-2010, 09:02 AM
One minute he's claiming Marty will be the next HC, then he's saying there's no way. The Bills haven't aimed high enough, when they've had serious contact with both Shanahan and Cowher.
Clayton may have contacts elsewhere around the league, but he seems to know next to nothing about the Bills, and is just bulling his way through.
Clayton is very low in the food chain, as far as Bills news goes. All he is, is an 'opinion', and a not very well informed one.