PDA

View Full Version : Would you be on board with the Chicken Wing idea

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
People want to send 1,000 Chicken Wings to Bill Cowher at CBS on Sunday along with a t-shirt.

What do you guys think?

Demon
01-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Who's "people"?

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
So far the crazies at the BBMB. it would have to be a coordinated effort with members of ALL the boards to raise the money that quickly.

cocamide
01-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds pretty desperate. I was all for the billboard idea, but now I'm even starting to think that was too much. It's like being the ugly kid who keeps begging and pleading with the hot popular chick to go to the prom with him. After a while it seems sad and pathetic.

BillsWin
01-14-2010, 05:20 PM
I think this is becoming borderline stalker behavior.

SquishDaFish
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Hell why not have it done.Send them lol

BillsWin
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
But, if it helps change Cowher's mind, then I am all for it. It is unique and possible. You just need someone to deliver them on set while he is getting ready to go on.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Pat, I'm sorry for the heat you are taking over at BBMB......this idea is cool.

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
I liked the billboard. We got our message out there, and it raised money for charity. The chicken wing idea is desperate and very stalker-like. Now we're sending 1,000 wings to this guy's office/place of business? As of right now, one thing is clear: Bill Cowher doesn't want to be the coach of the Buffalo Bills. Maybe the door is not closed and there is a .00000001% chance that could change. But as of right now, that's the deal.

Also, why 1,000 wings? Wouldn't 100 do the trick? I'm sure JB, Shannon, Boomer, and yes, even Dan would have a few.

Overall though, we need to move on.

Jan Reimers
01-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Do we have no shame?

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Well i would support it (WIngs) but I wouldnt throw my name behind it like I did with the billboard.

BillsFanCupp38
01-14-2010, 05:24 PM
1,000? So he can share with everyone at CBS? Its a cool idea...

shelby
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
While i like the idea in theory, i think 1,000 wings is overkill.

Seriously y'all, i don't think Cowher is interested, and having a bunch of Bills fans borderline harassing him isn't going to help matters any.

SquishDaFish
01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
I think 100 or even 500 would be enough

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
We (Bills Nation) needs to stop embarrassing ourselves. Our team sucks. Our owner sucks. It is what it is. The Bills will be has beens, and be relegated to the likes of 5th tier coaches until Ralph hits lightning in a bottle and finds a diamond in the rough who makes this team better. And then Ralph will get into a dispute with that coach, the coach will leave, go somewhere else, and win a Super Bowl.

bumblin
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
my god dude give it up

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Like I said, unlike the billboard I am not spearheading this. I got dragged through the mud a little bit for the billboard, not in fan circles so much as others.

I would help promote it if people want, but I'm not stamping my name on it this time.

I can't do that stuff anymore.

LABillsFan
01-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Lets just cut to the chase. Let's start sending Ralph things. Cowher knows we want him but it's Ralph that we have to get to.

mikemac2001
01-14-2010, 05:35 PM
nah i think billboard is enough if that doesn't show him we want him and get him to come then wings won't help

lets just hope...if it doesn't happen we made an attempt

YardRat
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm betting whoever delivered the goods wouldn't get within 50 feet of the stage or Cowher, and nothing would be said.

Let it go.

If he wants to be here, and the past couple of weeks have been hit and miss negotiating, just let it run it's course. If he doesn't want to be here, **** him and move on.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I think if any message needs to be sent it should be sent to Ralph, not Cowher. Lets face it we have been down this road time after time and the obvious problem here is Ralph.

Revamping the FO means giving everyone a promotion? Really, WTF. How does Russ get a promotion to the same title as Parcells and Holmgrem? That right there is what is making the Bills look clueless to the people around the NFL imo.

tampabay25690
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
People want to send 1,000 Chicken Wings to Bill Cowher at CBS on Sunday along with a t-shirt.

What do you guys think?

Pat I dont think it matters what we do to try to get BILL.

I spoke to a very big source in TAMPA and Bill Cowher was offered the job in Tampa and they were around $2-3 million apart.
Bottom line I really dont think BILL wants to come to B-Lo from what he said to me today....

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 05:42 PM
I honestly think the chicken wings do more harm than good. The billboard was putting out our opinion in a public forum. I am against pursuing this and now sending stuff to this guy's office. That's creepy.

Agreed about the point with Russ Brandon. Russ might be a nice boy, but don't you think guys like Cowher might think it's strange and unappealing to have some lifetime ticket salesman as your boss? What are his qualifications? Football wise, he has none.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I honestly think the chicken wings do more harm than good. The billboard was putting out our opinion in a public forum. I am against pursuing this and now sending stuff to this guy's office. That's creepy.

Agreed about the point with Russ Brandon. Russ might be a nice boy, but don't you think guys like Cowher might think it's strange and unappealing to have some lifetime ticket salesman as your boss? What are his qualifications? Football wise, he has none.

Exactly. and for people that think otherwise then I have one question.

Why is Russ going on interviews with Buddy?

tatersalad
01-14-2010, 05:47 PM
yeah I'm in........ That is Just freakin funny at least we will get a on air response

trapezeus
01-14-2010, 05:48 PM
i think getting the bills backers of NYC to organize outside CBS with signs. One could say, "Bill, please say yes, or next week, we're sending chicken wings."

and of course that lets us organize to send wings the following week.

We get us on camera in the masses, let the NYCBB have a spokesman (presumably Matt) and just say that we know this is between the owner and bill, but if there is absolutely anything we can do as fans, we're going to do it. because we know what a winner is like and he's inside CBS.

Also if you guys end up doing the wing thing the note should say, for the CBS staff, except Marino. We know how much he chokes when buffalo is involved!

SABuffalo786
01-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Do we have no shame?

Meh. It's a cool/funny idea. I'd rather be actively trying to do something than sitting on my hands and feeling sorry for myself like a lot of Bills fans seem to do...

FlyingDutchman
01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
what do we have to lose? i think its a good idea

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
If there was any momentum with this Cowher stuff, I'd say maybe give it a shot. But there is no momentum. Maybe the door hasn't been officially closed (from the Bills' side), but we have learned this week that Cowher rejected the Bills over a week ago. What's the point? HE SAID NO.

Michael82
01-14-2010, 05:56 PM
i think getting the bills backers of NYC to organize outside CBS with signs. One could say, "Bill, please say yes, or next week, we're sending chicken wings."

and of course that lets us organize to send wings the following week.

We get us on camera in the masses, let the NYCBB have a spokesman (presumably Matt) and just say that we know this is between the owner and bill, but if there is absolutely anything we can do as fans, we're going to do it. because we know what a winner is like and he's inside CBS.

Also if you guys end up doing the wing thing the note should say, for the CBS staff, except Marino. We know how much he chokes when buffalo is involved!
Excellent idea! Talk to Matt or one of the NYC Bills Backers and get this started.

Miami_Vice
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM

What do you guys think?

You've got to be kidding me right?

Wow this is like the fat kid in high school doing whatever it takes to get a girl to go to the prom with him.

cocamide
01-14-2010, 06:00 PM
How about we take the money that would be spent on chicken wings and give it to the Red Cross for Haiti but only under the condition that Bill Cowher come to Buffalo. If he doesn't coach here, then we can say that he hates Haiti and poor people. He'll have no choice but to coach here!

THRILLHO
01-14-2010, 06:03 PM
What if we were to donate 1000 wings to some charity, in Bill's honor? Everyone in that studio can afford food, and we are just basically thowing our money away. I will give if we send the 1000 wings to salvation army, or some Buffalo Food kitchen or something.

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 06:04 PM
What if we were to donate 1000 wings to some charity, in Bill's honor? Everyone in that studio can afford food, and we are just basically thowing our money away. I will give if we send the 1000 wings to salvation army, or some Buffalo Food kitchen or something.

That's a much better idea. That way we aren't stalking Cowher at this place of work. And it's for charity.

Dr. Pepper
01-14-2010, 06:08 PM
waste of time and money.

SabreEleven
01-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Canadian'eh!
01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Bill Cowher will not be the Bills coach.

tampabay25690
01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
How about we take the money that would be spent on chicken wings and give it to the Red Cross for Haiti but only under the condition that Bill Cowher come to Buffalo. If he doesn't coach here, then we can say that he hates Haiti and poor people. He'll have no choice but to coach here!

great idea to donate the $$ instead of a guy that doesnt want to come to Buffalo....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I dont want it to force cowher's hand on air... if they are deliverd then the other guys cant just ignore it and will force the issue on air

BAD

wozrob11
01-14-2010, 06:22 PM
stop wasting your time and money he is not coming give it up

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-14-2010, 06:22 PM
why not just donate it to haiti reliefe in bills name and let them know at cbs its from bills fans

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I will support and help promote anything Bills fans decide to do.

But I'm not getting involved in this. I did consider but

Its a conflict of interest.

But again, if whomever is running it over there gets it off the ground, I"ll certainly send a post out telling fans about it.

Ron Burgundy
01-14-2010, 06:24 PM
What if we were to donate...to some charity

How about we take the money that would be spent on chicken wings and give it to the Red Cross for Haiti

These are excellent ideas.

patmoran2006
01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
anything for charity is always a good idea.

But Im still hoping to get more donations before Feb 14th to our Hunter's Hope fund.

(its at about $586 right now)

Oaf
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Relative costs? We did most of the billboard work right (I already donated)? I support it but someone else will have to put up the bill this time.

Mitchell55
01-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Stalker like? Where a ****in city.

THRILLHO
01-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Really, how difficult is it to donate 1000 frozen wings to a food kitchen? If I knew where to start, I would spear head it. Get the attention of Cowher, get on the news and give the charity, and billszone.com some publicity.

Mitchell55
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Call SPCA, this is cruel

SABURZFAN
01-14-2010, 06:51 PM

What do you guys think?

i think you should send those chicken wings to SABURZFAN. :hungry:

Luisito23
01-14-2010, 07:01 PM
It's gotten to a point where this whole thing is outright pathetic.

SABURZFAN
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
better yet, just send me 500 wings and send the other 500 to Luisito23.

FlyingDutchman
01-14-2010, 07:04 PM
i understand not doing this bc he basically said no without saying it and its probably moot...but for those concerned about our image around the league and are afraid of becoming a laughing stock...i have a newsflash....

Ebenezer
01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
It's gotten to a point where this whole thing is outright pathetic.

it was pathetic when they put up a billboard to fire Jauron...it is time for people to grow up. if the fans and city of Detroit were doing this we would be laughing at them. Stop turning the fans and the city into a pathetic laughing stock.

SquishDaFish
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
it was pathetic when they put up a billboard to fire Jauron...it is time for people to grow up. if the fans and city of Detroit were doing this we would be laughing at them. Stop turning the fans and the city into a pathetic laughing stock.

Too late everything about Buffalo is a laughing stock

Mudflap1
01-14-2010, 07:23 PM
i understand not doing this bc he basically said no without saying it and its probably moot...but for those concerned about our image around the league and are afraid of becoming a laughing stock...i have a newsflash....

Well... he did say no.

That being said, the second part of your post is actually the best reason to do this...

sdbillsfan2
01-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Stop and think about this ......If a contract worth millions isn't enticing him to join the Bills... do you think he'd really jump at a batch of chicken wings? Lets get real here.
We can't find anyone to fill the position that's any good, why make WNYers want to look even more desperate by thinking chicken wing would do it!
No way....

UltimateBillsFan
01-14-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't think you realize what a ridiculous amount 1000 wings is.

UltimateBillsFan
01-14-2010, 07:37 PM
1000 wings would only cost infinity percent more than what Ralph has spent on a coach!

Cntrygal
01-14-2010, 07:37 PM
No.

cpearl
01-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I do it. It wouldn't be that much - put me in for 50 or 100 bucks.

Novacane
01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Don't do it guys. It's embarassing.

SABuffalo786
01-14-2010, 08:15 PM

:rolleyes:

Yeah, people voicing their opinions is embarrasing.

That's probably my least favorite thing about Buffalo (and I love this place more than anywhere in the world) - The ****ing negativity and constant criticism of people trying to make a difference (NIMBYs anyone?).

No, everyone needs to sit on their hands and not express themselves about things they care about.

I mean, if nothing else: a billboard and 1,000 chicken wings? That's ****ing funny. But no, musn't rock the boat. You guys must be a scream at parties.

jamze132
01-14-2010, 11:09 PM
This whole Cowher thing reminds me of Dumb and Dumber. The scene where Lloyd and Mary are in the hotel room and Lloyd asks her what the chances of a girl like him and a guy like her ending up together. She says about a million to one and Lloyd gets all excited and says "so you're saying there's a chance!!!"

Is this what we have become?

gggbills
01-14-2010, 11:22 PM

What do you guys think?

I'm in

Turf
01-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Cowher turns down probably 5+ million a year, but a bucket of wings is going to put him over the top. I don't think so.

Demon
01-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Cowher turns down probably 5+ million a year, but a bucket of wings is going to put him over the top. I don't think so.

LOL i know.

The people who are holding out "hope" for Cowher, are people who are sitting on the edge waiting for the next update from Joe Logan. If you people read his article, the Bills have YET to make an offer he can't refuse. Logan's said it multiple times. Cowher wants an empty check book for coaches and wants to bring in free agents, while the Bills are only offering a massive HC contract and hope he works like a miracle worker. Cowher wants help and Bills are shy from offering it.

mikemac2001
01-14-2010, 11:47 PM
give it up pat/mikey lets just hope it happens wings will make us look sad atleast the billboard help out hunters hope so its not as bad...

Turf
01-15-2010, 12:08 AM
LOL i know.

The people who are holding out "hope" for Cowher, are people who are sitting on the edge waiting for the next update from Joe Logan. If you people read his article, the Bills have YET to make an offer he can't refuse. Logan's said it multiple times. Cowher wants an empty check book for coaches and wants to bring in free agents, while the Bills are only offering a massive HC contract and hope he works like a miracle worker. Cowher wants help and Bills are shy from offering it.

Which is exactly what I said a few weeks ago. Any big name head coach is smart enough to know he needs a money commitment for talent.
Ralph seems unable to do both at once. And anyone worth their salary knows they will fail without it.
Ralph is just too old, and probably has already forgot about it.

TrEd FTW
01-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Bills fan playing the Shout song outside Cowher's bedroom...

http://mentaldefective.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sayanything.jpg

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
BBMB guys are going to send in individual orders to Bill at the studios.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=218208&page=14

Figuring that numeours personal orders would be just as effective, and not require someone ot organize it

So if your interested the recommended place in NYC is.

Atomic Wings
528 9th Ave
(between 39th & 40th street)
New York, NY 10018
(212) 760-9090
Menu:http://www.atomicwings.com/site/menu.php (http://www.atomicwings.com/site/menu.php)
You can also order online:http://store6.geomerx.com/aw528ninth/ (http://store6.geomerx.com/aw528ninth/)

Delivery address for Saturday and Sunday:

CBS Broadcast Center
Attn: NFL Today/Bill Cowher
(212) 582-1251
524 W. 57th St,
New York, NY 10019

Good luck and thanks to all who participate!

SABURZFAN
01-15-2010, 09:45 AM
BBMB guys are going to send in individual orders to Bill at the studios.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=218208&page=14

Figuring that numeours personal orders would be just as effective, and not require someone ot organize it

So if your interested the recommended place in NYC is.

Atomic Wings
528 9th Ave
(between 39th & 40th street)
New York, NY 10018
(212) 760-9090
Menu:http://www.atomicwings.com/site/menu.php (http://www.atomicwings.com/site/menu.php)
You can also order online:http://store6.geomerx.com/aw528ninth/ (http://store6.geomerx.com/aw528ninth/)

Delivery address for Saturday and Sunday:

CBS Broadcast Center
Attn: NFL Today/Bill Cowher
(212) 582-1251
524 W. 57th St,
New York, NY 10019

Good luck and thanks to all who participate!

they're just wasting their time and money.

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Go for it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM

no wasting your time and money would be the tickets you bought, and the subscriptions you use ot follow this team.

I agree the chance of Cowher coming here are slim to none, but to be honest without Cowher coaching this team our chance at returning to a winner are equally slim to none IMO.

Cowher does one thing for us, makes us attractive to FA's and forces Ralph to open his purse strings, because that is what Cowher would demand that to come here.

Without those types of things in place I really don't believe the Bills will ever be viable again while Ralph still breathes

therefore if someone tossed $50 into a bucket of wings ordered/deliverd might be worth it for those who are trying desperately one last time to have a chance at wanting to watch football in 2010.

For me $50 to have wings delivered to CBS sstudios C/O Cowher could be the best money I spend, becasue I'm not spending it on the Bills unitl they prove to me they're scrapping cash to cap and are going to be a major players in FA

they've already proven to me they aren't going to get a experience HC

so yes this is desperate, but I still think its a fun gesture to make...

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 10:04 AM

ROTFLMAO

this is hillarious... and I would be willing to sit in front of CBS studios holding the radio.

Now tell me I'm not a passionate about this

ZAZusmc03
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM
IF people are going to do this, I suggest this change to the Address:

CBS Broadcast Center
Attn: NFL Today/ BUFFALO Bill Cowher
(212) 582-1251
524 W. 57th St,
New York, NY 10019

justasportsfan
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
If you guys want Cowher here, you need to show him how his daughter will have fun bumpin and grindin on Chippewa til' 4 am.

mikemac2001
01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Also put a note on it saying

Hand's off marino

SABuffalo786
01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
If you guys want Cowher here, you need to show him how his daughter will have fun bumpin and grindin on Chippewa til' 4 am.

I'm sure he'd love that. :shoothead:

Prov401
01-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Wow. I'm suprised with all the stalking of Cowher, nobody knows that he's a Vegatarian.

Don't Panic
01-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Key words... their time and money.

Don't Panic
01-15-2010, 12:05 PM

This is one of the best posts I have seen in months. Well played, Tred!

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Wow. I'm suprised with all the stalking of Cowher, nobody knows that he's a Vegatarian.
:rofl:

freal?

Prov401
01-15-2010, 12:23 PM
:rofl:

freal?

lol, nah. But that would be hilarious.

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM

then he can eat the celery and carrots.. and If he's not a vegan he can use the blue cheese. the rest of the crew can scarf the wings and hopefuly talk him into coming

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM

You guys really don't get it, do you? It's not the actual wings that would be enticing him, it's the enthusiasm of the action.

Mike13
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM
This is just ****ing sad.

SquishDaFish
01-15-2010, 01:01 PM

So are the Dolphins

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Pat,

I live in CT and work in NYC - If I provide my paypal account # to people who want to donate and place an order early Sunday with all the donations, and a couple hundred dollars of my own money, will you be willing to use your media connections and contact media types for this? Iwill provide proof of order and proof of donations received to everyone to proove everythings on the up and up.

UltimateBillsFan
01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
If Cowher is a vegetarian, then just give the wings to Dan Marino or Shannon Sharpe. They both seem like really down to earth and knowledgeable guys.

bigbry
01-15-2010, 01:11 PM
So are the Dolphins

No really, sending Chicken wings to Cowher would be beyond embarrassing for even the most die hard and desperate Fan.

justasportsfan
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
If Cowher is a vegetarian, then just give the wings to Dan Marino or Shannon Sharpe. They both seem like really down to earth and knowledgeable guys.
Dan is on that nurti diet. besides buffalo wings will only remind him how he's still and always will be Kelley's *****

bigbry
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Dan is on that nurti diet. besides buffalo wings will only remind him how he's still and always will be Kelley's *****

So you walking thru the produce section reminds you how much of a fruit you are?
:cheers:
Okay go ahead and send them to Cowhe,r you guys deserve the jokes.

Mike13
01-15-2010, 01:23 PM
So are the Dolphins

When we try to bribe someone with chicken wings I'll agree. It pretty much is an admission that the City of Buffalo has nothing left to offer other than wings and maybe a crack whore or two.

Your team has gone in a decade from UM North to Oakland East.

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
When we try to bribe someone with chicken wings I'll agree. It pretty much is an admission that the City of Buffalo has nothing left to offer other than wings and maybe a crack whore or two.

Your team has gone in a decade from UM North to Oakland East. For as bad as Buffalo was in the 2000s, at least they never went 1-15.

:phew:

Prov401
01-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Serious input now.

Please don't do this. I think it is such a desperate, and degrading move. We will become the joke franchise of the NFL, even though we're only 4-5 teams away from that title anyhow.

I vote No.

bigbry
01-15-2010, 01:43 PM
For as bad as Buffalo was in the 2000s, at least they never went 1-15.

:phew:

So that's what you desperately hang on to? Really?

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 01:47 PM

or maybe its just a gesture by some dedicated football fans who know that that this team needs a proven experienced HC to move forward, and are willing to make this simple subtle but notable gesture

That is all it is, just a bunch of Buffalo Bills fans letting Bill know that we will do whatever we have to do to get his attention and try to sway him here. We could take donations and buy Bill a new car if that is something that would make it seem like Buffalo has more to offer then crack whores and chicken wings

if the billboard and chicken wing ideas do not work who cares, at least many of us wont be looking back in 3 months wishing we would have tried everything we could come up with to help the process.

Meanwhile the rest will be probably be searching for false hopes and silently mentally preparing theselves for the reality of another season of crappy football...

the real problem will be when we hire a 1st time HC who's top choices for the coordinator positions turn down the opportunity because they have no faith in their careers if they were to accept the jobs offers.

Sure we'll here so and so was my 1st choice crap but my bet is this whole coaching search is a fiasco at the most insane levels, and a 1st time HC coming here is going to have a harder time convincing others to join him... Which is why I bet many are turning down interview opportunitie. How could a 1st time HC candidate even interview for a position if the people they are counting on to w are all ready saying that they probably won't be interested in these positions.

Beebe's Kid
As the debate rage's on...

I am torn, while it does seem to be a little pathetic, but doesn't a bunch of wings getting delivered to the studio seem better than letters begging him to come? It sends the message, while taking the beg out of it.

I think that if we, as fans, are going to wait for Ralph to step up, it's going to be a while, so it couldn't hurt to do our part. I feel our part may be to reach out to Ralph, but I don't think he can be reached.

The hopelessness of this situation sucks. This is all hinging on the fact that our offer to Cowher is what fell short, not that he doesn't care what the offer is, he just refuses to coach in Buffalo.

As far as the Dolphins are concerned...go ***** yourself.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
alot of energy being wasted here

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 01:53 PM

only if these people view their efforts as a waste of time

I'm guessing most do it because they are passionate Bills fans and will have no remorse doing it.

Lets face it Bills fans are already dumb enough to financially support this franchise, and waste energy driving to games and dealing with traffic, and spending boat loads of money... I serioulsy doubt a lousy double order of wings is going to feel like wasted energy to these same fans when you face the fact that they have wasted untold monies and Sundays wating for this franchise to trasition back to being a winner

gggbills
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
or maybe its just a gesture by some dedicated football fans who know that that this team needs a proven experienced HC to move forward, and are willing to make this simple subtle but notable gesture

That is all it is, just a bunch of Buffalo Bills fans letting Bill know that we will do whatever we have to do to get his attention and try to sway him here. We could take donations and buy Bill a new car if that is something that would make it seem like Buffalo has more to offer then crack whores and chicken wings

if the billboard and chicken wing ideas do not work who cares, at least many of us wont be looking back in 3 months wishing we would have tried everything we could come up with to help the process.

Meanwhile the rest will be probably be searching for false hopes and silently mentally preparing theselves for the reality of another season of crappy football...

the real problem will be when we hire a 1st time HC who's top choices for the coordinator positions turn down the opportunity because they have no faith in their careers if they were to accept the jobs offers.

Sure we'll here so and so was my 1st choice crap but my bet is this whole coaching search is a fiasco at the most insane levels, and a 1st time HC coming here is going to have a harder time convincing others to join him... Which is why I bet many are turning down interview opportunitie. How could a 1st time HC candidate even interview for a position if the people they are counting on to w are all ready saying that they probably won't be interested in these positions.

I concur with everything you just said....BIG TIME

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 02:06 PM

sure is the entire franchise has been completely reduced to begging...

so yes it is sad... very sad. It should have never had to come down to this, but it has. The only chance the Bills have now is for Wilson to move along, but that might bring about the next level of saddness when they move.

I'm sure you being a Dolphins must be getting much joy out of this knowing we're about to lose it all... So enjoy it... hopefully you'll find a good rivalry with who ever replaces us in the division

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
So that's what you desperately hang on to? Really?
Gotta find the pluses where you can!

After a decade of 1 winning season and zero playoff appearances, what else is there to hang onto?

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
No really, sending Chicken wings to Cowher would be beyond embarrassing for even the most die hard and desperate Fan.

Please explain how. Please go into detail because I fail to see how an order of Buffalo chicken wings is embarassing... It is a simple gesture and plea for Cowher to consider the Bills HC availabliltiy.

Seriously, do you think any one who is willin got send over a order of wings is going to feel embarassed fo rdoing so? the only ones who are embarassed are the do nothing crowd, the rest have 0 issues with it..

so please state the truth. It's not embarassing for Bills fans.. It only embarassing to you individually.. because those who are going to go though with this are definitely unaffected by the gesture besides the good feeling they get knowing they are trying to get thier guy anyway possible

Ron Burgundy
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
because those who are going to go though with this are definitely unaffected by the gesture besides the good feeling they get knowing they are trying to get thier guy anyway possible

Let me see if I can understand the thought process here.

Bill Cowher doesn't want to coach in Buffalo.

A group of fans sends him some chicken wings.

Cowher changes his mind, due to the passion of these fans, and decides to coach in Buffalo.

Is that about the gist of it?

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Let me see if I can understand the thought process here.

Bill Cowher doesn't want to coach in Buffalo.

A group of fans sends him some chicken wings.

Cowher changes his mind, due to the passion of these fans, and decides to coach in Buffalo.

Is that about the gist of it?

yep that seems to be about right....

Bill Cowher has never said he doesn't want to coach here. One ESPN person has said this and that is it.

Let me guess this offends you that some people are doing this....

Bottom line is there are many who would rather try these desperate attempts then to simply accept the fact that will be losing football games for quite some time...

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
People need to take themselves a little less serious around here - lighten up. It's becoming like the BB board. What's wrong with ahving a little fun?

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM

Bill Cowher has never said he doesn't want to coach here. One ESPN person has said this and that is it.

Bottom line is there are many who would rather try these desperate attempts then to simply accept the fact that will be losing football games for quite some time...

EVERYBODY has said it, except the Bills and Bill Cowher themselves.

Look. I think that ship has sailed. .You guys did a phenominal job showing how much you care by throwing the money together in less than 4 days to put up a billboard, that was incredible and despite the haters most people respected that.

But that man is not coming to Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
01-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Cowher can suck a dick for all I care.

Don't send him any of our deliscious wings. He is too big a pussy to deserve them..

bigbry
01-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Please explain how. Please go into detail because I fail to see how an order of Buffalo chicken wings is embarassing... It is a simple gesture and plea for Cowher to consider the Bills HC availabliltiy.

Seriously, do you think any one who is willin got send over a order of wings is going to feel embarassed fo rdoing so? the only ones who are embarassed are the do nothing crowd, the rest have 0 issues with it..

so please state the truth. It's not embarassing for Bills fans.. It only embarassing to you individually.. because those who are going to go though with this are definitely unaffected by the gesture besides the good feeling they get knowing they are trying to get thier guy anyway possible

As you put it, "a simple gesture" and "plea" pretty much says it all.
Try sending the man a 1st class plane ticket and a stay at your finest Hotel. Organize a rally of the faithful on his behalf. Show him your support. But just like old Ralph you go the cheap way.

Ron Burgundy
01-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Yeah, I bet Bill Cowher's never held a press conference stating that he does not wish to be thrown off a building, either, but I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that he doesn't.

It doesn't offend me that you're sending chicken wings. You can send him gold bullion or a whale's vagina for all I care. You'd just be better off spending your money on something useful, or giving it to charity. But hey, it's not my dollar.

Here's the part I don't understand.

What difference will sending chicken wings have on us losing football games?

Unless you really, truly believe Cowher's mindset is "I'm this close to coaching in Buffalo, but I'm just not sure if the fans really want me. Also, I'm hungry."

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Unless you really, truly believe Cowher's mindset is "I'm this close to coaching in Buffalo, but I'm just not sure if the fans really want me. Also, I'm hungry."

that's funny

RockStar36
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm not even reading through six pages of this nonsense.

This is the DUMBEST idea any Bills fan has ever come up with.

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
EVERYBODY has said it, except the Bills and Bill Cowher themselves.

Look. I think that ship has sailed. .You guys did a phenominal job showing how much you care by throwing the money together in less than 4 days to put up a billboard, that was incredible and despite the haters most people respected that.

But that man is not coming to Buffalo.

for the record I never was sending wings, just defending those who were, because to be honest I respect those who refuse to give up no matter what the signs show..

it truly was the only hope this franchise had IMO at least while Ralphy breathes...

Does anyone believe the Bills are going to spend money without a guy like Bill Cowher demanding the pocket book be opened.

Frazier Grim or Garnett will be hog tied and without major major talent additions this team won't be returning to glory very quickly. After 10 years of this I don't think I am going to be patient.

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I bet Bill Cowher's never held a press conference stating that he does not wish to be thrown off a building, either, but I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that he doesn't.

It doesn't offend me that you're sending chicken wings. You can send him gold bullion or a whale's vagina for all I care. You'd just be better off spending your money on something useful, or giving it to charity. But hey, it's not my dollar.

Here's the part I don't understand.

What difference will sending chicken wings have on us losing football games?

Ok I get it... bring on Frazier

but I personally would be willing to do anything if it has a .0000001% chance of making a small difference.

That is how desperate i am for the Bills to become relevant again.

Personally I want to believe Bill would still consider coming here and is still on the fence somewhat... and that probably isn't going to change until Bill or the Bills say no.

but what was I thinking, a guy like Bill Cowher doesn't agree to coach a loser franchise, that is reserved for failed former HC's and up and coming coordinators who have no better options

so I want to thank all of you... for helping me realize how unlikely it is for the Bills to be a good football team... You get your wish I give up completley...

I guess what worked for me wass doing these stupid little gestures, but no more right !!!!

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
for the record I never was sending wings, just defending those who were, because to be honest I respect those who refuse to give up no matter what the signs show..

it truly was the only hope this franchise had IMO at least while Ralphy breathes...

Does anyone believe the Bills are going to spend money without a guy like Bill Cowher demanding the pocket book be opened.

Frazier Grim or Garnett will be hog tied and without major major talent additions this team won't be returning to glory very quickly. After 10 years of this I don't think I am going to be patient.

I dont have a problem with anybody sending Cowher anything, IMO got nothing to lose. I just am not going to be a part of it, that's all.

I considered it, but was advised (properly) not to. I hope they put can put it together, but from what I hear doesnt sound promising.

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
As you put it, "a simple gesture" and "plea" pretty much says it all.
Try sending the man a 1st class plane ticket and a stay at your finest Hotel. Organize a rally of the faithful on his behalf. Show him your support. But just like old Ralph you go the cheap way.

So now you're going to start insulting me by calling me cheap. Ok if this is where we need to go now I'm all for it....

simple gesture not complex expensive gesture. If someone bought me an order of wings and said enjoy them I would have appreciated the gesture.. The egsture of wings comes from the fact that everyone nknows that Wings originated in buffalo. it's simple and it is associcated with the city.

I think the simple gesture would be tremendously more effective then the what you we're being sarcastic about.

but I already admitted that this is a loser idea, and Bill Cowher would never come to a franchise as pathetic as ours

so we can move on , I'm on your side, the Bills suck, and are and will remain ilreleavant

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Serious input now.

Please don't do this. I think it is such a desperate, and degrading move. We will become the joke franchise of the NFL, even though we're only 4-5 teams away from that title anyhow.

I vote No.

Dude WE ARE A JOKE FRANCHISE.. Make no mistake about it, the joke has been told the Bills are the punchline

which is why we have these desperate attempts, because the we area joke

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm still sending wings, if anybody else does. I'll call up that Atomic place early Sunday afternoon and if there's a decent amount of orders, I'll buy a couple hundred dollars worth. It can't hurt. And for those who say it's looks bad, get over the defeatist Buffalo (spelling) attitude. Maybe I'll even try and deliver them myself in a Bills jersey and my furry Buffalo hat - it would be hillarious if that made it on TV.

bigbry
01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
So now you're going to start insulting me by calling me cheap. Ok if this is where we need to go now I'm all for it....

simple gesture not complex expensive gesture. If someone bought me an order of wings and said enjoy them I would have appreciated the gesture.. The egsture of wings comes from the fact that everyone nknows that Wings originated in buffalo. it's simple and it is associcated with the city.

I think the simple gesture would be tremendously more effective then the what you we're being sarcastic about.

but I already admitted that this is a loser idea, and Bill Cowher would never come to a franchise as pathetic as ours

so we can move on , I'm on your side, the Bills suck, and are and will remain ilreleavant

No insult to you because you had already said you are not personally buying wings. More so to the Fan base that actually believes this could have any relevance.
In my scenario if Cowher were to gentlemanly decline the invite and return the ticket it would more reflect favorably on the fans who would of make a far more respectable offer. (gesture)

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-15-2010, 05:06 PM

somebody negged me for saying this? I dont get it? I just feel that at this point its a done deal... and there are alot of more iimportant things going on... Have you SEEN the images from Haiti? Put the energy and funds into that where you may save a life.

if any one negges my fan-hood for saying this then thats just not right. I as big a fan as there is.

If you negged me for that, you owe $50 to some Haiti fund.

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
somebody negged me for saying this? I dont get it? I just feel that at this point its a done deal... and there are alot of more iimportant things going on... Have you SEEN the images from Haiti? Put the energy and funds into that where you may save a life.

if any one negges my fan-hood for saying this then thats just not right. I as big a fan as there is.

If you negged me for that, you owe $50 to some Haiti fund.
Ok, I'm officially sick of people implying that in lieu of anything else, everyone should be sending their money to Haiti.

Let the people who feel compelled to take up the cause to help Haiti be the ones who help Haiti. No one else should be obligated or made to feel required to do something.

Typ0
01-15-2010, 07:40 PM
This is such a dumb assinine thing and could only be thought up by a bunch of blind kool-aid laced beer drinking nobody bills fans. 1000 wings to someone who won't even give us the time of day? Talk about desperation. Why don't you get your $$$ ready and send 1000 wings to whoever gets actually hired into the job to welcome them to WNY and make them feel good about coming here and being on our side...instead you want to slap him in the face and get wing sauce in his eyes.

Mike13
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
sure is the entire franchise has been completely reduced to begging...

so yes it is sad... very sad. It should have never had to come down to this, but it has. The only chance the Bills have now is for Wilson to move along, but that might bring about the next level of saddness when they move.

I'm sure you being a Dolphins must be getting much joy out of this knowing we're about to lose it all... So enjoy it... hopefully you'll find a good rivalry with who ever replaces us in the division

If Buffalo leaves then the NFL must realign. Its fine the way it is.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Ok, I'm officially sick of people implying that in lieu of anything else, everyone should be sending their money to Haiti.

Let the people who feel compelled to take up the cause to help Haiti be the ones who help Haiti. No one else should be obligated or made to feel required to do something.

Im officially sick of you being officially sick

homeslice5484
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
is this being done?

Ground Chuck
01-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Cowher can suck a dick for all I care.

Don't send him any of our deliscious wings. He is too big a pussy to deserve them..

We should send him a red, white , and blue dildo