• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Schottenheimer Explains Why He Nixed the Bills

"It's not you, it's me".....lol....

Bills fans may feel a little better after Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer explained his reasons Thursday for turning down the Bills request to interview him for their head coaching job. Schottenheimer and the Jets are preparing to meet the Chargers in San Diego Sunday in the AFC Playoffs.

Make no mistake, he wants to be a head coach, but Schottenheimer said that, for now, he wants to stay in New York.
    "I'm flattered," Schottenheimer said. "I really was. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Wilson. I have a lot of respect for the Bills organization. Buddy Nix is obviously a friend of mine having worked together. It's not about the Buffalo Bills. It's about the New York Jets and how I feel about this organization and the way I see the direction of this team going under Rex (Ryan). Woody (Johnson) and Mike (Tannenbaum) stuck by me last year. All that stuff is stuff I took into consideration. At the end of the day, I feel good about the decision."
    Though he recognizes that NFL head-coaching opportunities are few and far between, he said that he presently has a bigger objective. "As I told you guys a couple of weeks ago, the biggest thing for me is the fact that I'm happy,"
    read more....
    Last edited by shelby; 01-15-2010, 05:06 AM.

• Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: Schottenheimer Explains Why He Nixed the Bills

Smart move, he's keeping his options open for when we fire the next scrub we bring in as a coach and with an extra couple of years' experience he can demand more money from the Bills.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Good move by him.

He wouldn't even be on my list, though, and I'm betting he gets canned next season anyway.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
        Good move by him.

He wouldn't even be on my list, though, and I'm betting he gets canned next season anyway.
        I hope he does. That would make this whole thing ****ing hilarious!

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

He's being hailed by eveyone in the media for thier win last week so now he loves it there. Wait until the Jets get crushed by the Chargers and the Jets only score 6 points. He will again be the one all the Jets fans want gone. Hopefully next week when he changes his mind the Bills say no thanks Brian.

Comment

Working...
          X