PDA

View Full Version : So, it is January 15th.

THRILLHO
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Was it the Thurminator who fortold of something happening today, January 15th, 2010? I presume it is a huge letdown and nothing good will come from it, but I trust that you all will keep me updated while I am working with your twitters and myfaces and joe logans.

Anyways, we are nine hours and 10 minutes into the new day, and only 14 hours and 50 minutes to blow our minds!

:boom:

hydro
01-15-2010, 08:12 AM
He dismissed this earlier in the week...

Stated he never said that on the 15th there would be big news.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-15-2010, 08:13 AM
yeah this jan 15 event was squashed days ago

nothing to see here :)

sure wish SOMETHING would happen

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
From Thurman

@PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) I think I'm going to airport and catch a red eye to Cali. Tonight, and turn my phone off

@PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) I'm trying to figure out why they just don't send Jim and I..... I'm just saying

THRILLHO
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM

I missed that, thanks hydro. My dreams have been squashed again.

trapezeus
01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
this is like christmas morning to only find o ut that your family is incredible poor and the family dog was killed for food.

Pat what was Thurman talking about in the tweet about. he wants jim and him sent where? stupid 146 character limit.

clumping platelets
01-15-2010, 08:45 AM
:mad:

Mahdi
01-15-2010, 08:47 AM
From Thurman

@PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) I think I'm going to airport and catch a red eye to Cali. Tonight, and turn my phone off

@PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) I'm trying to figure out why they just don't send Jim and I..... I'm just saying
Send Jim and I where? To interview a coach?

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Send Jim and I where? To interview a coach?

To Cowher's house.

trapezeus
01-15-2010, 08:53 AM
it seems to me the front office spites the overtures of jim and thurman who have a real fire to return this team to its glory.

They placate them just enough to feel involved and then cut them out of the loop.

Kelly should have been the main guy working cowher from the get go.

I get the sense brandon and wilson have decided to put out a contract and show no commitment on players or staff. cowher said no and moved on. Kelly and thurman want to get this done and want to push, but brandon and wilson are very wishy washy.

good for cowher and anyone else that sees the inability to bring in an keep talent here as a reason not to coach here.

We are fielding teams full of practice squaders because we don't have depth. It's truly pathetic.

Zero
01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
even without Thurman having to shoot this down earlier in the week, you just knew it was just more "pie in the sky" B.S. from this pathetic organization. Nothing anyone affiliated with this franchise has come to fruition thus far.

Wilson promised us there would be big changes. We needed a "football guy", so what do the Bills do? Hire a 70 year old scout who has NEVER done the job. No surprise here.

At this point, with this coaching process having blown up in the Bills' face, I would consider it a "big splash" if we hired a coach that has worked at the NFL level.

Russ Brandon is the new P.T. Barnum, but how in the hell will he expect to sell tickets this year?? Seriously,, good luck with that one...

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 09:34 AM
the only splash Bills fans will get today is the splash back from the toilet water they poop in

elltrain22
01-15-2010, 09:37 AM
To Cowher's house.

it says Cali, Cowher lives in Carolina. I don't get it

Michael82
01-15-2010, 10:27 AM
To Cowher's house.
Why the hell wouldn't they? It would make the most sense! The fact that they didn't already do this pisses me off. I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing was for show! :puke:

Michael82
01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
I get the sense brandon and wilson have decided to put out a contract and show no commitment on players or staff. cowher said no and moved on. Kelly and thurman want to get this done and want to push, but brandon and wilson are very wishy washy.

I'm starting to think the same thing. It's almost as if both Ralph and Brandon don't want this to happen. They'd rather have a coordinator and aren't willing to give more control and money to Cowher for players. What a shame. If they offered more, I bet he would take it.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Why the hell wouldn't they? It would make the most sense! The fact that they didn't already do this pisses me off. I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing was for show! :puke:

Because they can't negotiate a contract, give him any kind of demands, and or really do anything of any kind of authority. He's a dumbass for even thinking he should be involved.

trapezeus
01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
but mikey, it's not money. it's the actual people running the show that turns people off.

rightfully or wrongfully, HC take the blame when teams lose. the bills have shown over 3 coaches that they will n ot provide talent at levels deemed acceptable. having practice squaders take over the starting ranks is not smart.

I'm not saying jauron was railroaded, but honestly, you ask him to be in a must win, take away his OL, make him fire the OC for a green OC then do it again a week before the season....he could be superman and he couldn't succeed.

The bills have paired ****ty personnel with ****ty coaches. the NFL is getting wise to this and the brightest of coaching minds are saying, "you can't bottom feed all these positions and have russ freaking brandon govern player decisions. Get the football acumen in, work with a good coach, and trust that they know when to go for an expensive talent and when they think they can scour the ranks to find a great value player.

The best teams in football aren't big spenderes. they're in the middle of the pack. but they know when to plunk down serious cash and they know when to trust the football people to round out the roster.

We are so far away from that basic set up that you know every decision they make will be the wrong one.

Michael82
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
but mikey, it's not money. it's the actual people running the show that turns people off.

rightfully or wrongfully, HC take the blame when teams lose. the bills have shown over 3 coaches that they will n ot provide talent at levels deemed acceptable. having practice squaders take over the starting ranks is not smart.

I'm not saying jauron was railroaded, but honestly, you ask him to be in a must win, take away his OL, make him fire the OC for a green OC then do it again a week before the season....he could be superman and he couldn't succeed.

The bills have paired ****ty personnel with ****ty coaches. the NFL is getting wise to this and the brightest of coaching minds are saying, "you can't bottom feed all these positions and have russ freaking brandon govern player decisions. Get the football acumen in, work with a good coach, and trust that they know when to go for an expensive talent and when they think they can scour the ranks to find a great value player.

The best teams in football aren't big spenderes. they're in the middle of the pack. but they know when to plunk down serious cash and they know when to trust the football people to round out the roster.

We are so far away from that basic set up that you know every decision they make will be the wrong one.
I don't buy that. How do we know that Cowher isn't just asking for more control? Or maybe more money to spend on his assistants and on building the roster? If that's the case, I hope the Bills would be smart enough to give him what he wants. I mean...what's wrong with spending a little money, especially when you need to totally rebuild the team?

Mitchell55
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM

Guess he got Bruces court day wrong

trapezeus
01-15-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't buy that. How do we know that Cowher isn't just asking for more control? Or maybe more money to spend on his assistants and on building the roster? If that's the case, I hope the Bills would be smart enough to give him what he wants. I mean...what's wrong with spending a little money, especially when you need to totally rebuild the team?

but those are functions of control and poor management.

I get that the bills can't go all out and get players, coaches and staff. They are offering a premium to the head coach. They are asking him to essentially be reasonable with developing the rest of the roster.

My point is that the bills have IR'd people for settlement and replaced them with essentially scab-type players. They need to find more talent. And they use brandon and jauron and levy to override the people they pay to actually make solid player evaluation decisions.

They need to let football people make football decisions. if cowher wants to be part of that, let him do it. he's proven that he does that well.

He also proves that he can win games with marginal talent, but he showed he can win it all if he was given a real QB.

If cowher is asking ot have a DC budget, he'll be left upset. if he can work within buffalo constraints and get assurance that they'll go all in when they really need to, then buffalo isn't doing enough to bring him in.

mikemac2001
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
http://news.holidash.com/2010/01/13/what-is-national-hat-day-and-what-can-it-do-for-me/

Celebrate National Hat Day on January 15th!

Sure, many Americans wish that hats would once again become fashionable -- either because they love millinery, don't like obsessing over their hair, or don't have much hair left to show off. Aside from that, what is the purpose of National Hat Day?

Sometime in the 60s (so I'm told), the centuries-old obsession with hats began giving way to the era of hair ... the era in which we live today. Since that day, men and women who want to wear hats have felt conspicuous and out of place, maybe even embarrassed by their love for casual headgear.

To help them overcome the fear of millinerial mishaps, The Headwear Association designated January 15th as National Hat Day -- a day on which everyone could take a hat for a test drive and see if it works for them, fashion-wise. That's the theory put forth by Apartment Living, anyway.