PDA

View Full Version : Jason Garrett

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Based on a few things which don't add up too much now (not to mention I'm sick of reporting what is rightfully regarded as speculation right now)

I'm going to predict publicly today on January 15, 2010 that Jason Garrett will end up as the Bills next head coach

madness
01-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I wish.

bumblin
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
you cant just keep throwing darts at the board hoping one will stick

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
you cant just keep throwing darts at the board hoping one will stick

I haven't made a single prediction on a coach publicly once.

Not even once

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 09:35 AM
He's always been my 2nd choice behind Cowher, but I have 2 reasons why I don't think it happens:

1) Wouldn't they have tried to interview him already?
2) With a current coordinator salary of $3.5 million in Dallas, do we honestly think Ralph's going to pony up around $6m a year for an unproven HC? He'll go the cheap route, paying Frazier $2.5m.

madness
01-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I haven't made a single prediction on a coach publicly once.

Not even once

Don't make me pull up my twitter account.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:39 AM
He's always been my 2nd choice behind Cowher, but I have 2 reasons why I don't think it happens:

1) Wouldn't they have tried to interview him already?
2) With a current coordinator salary of $3.5 million in Dallas, do we honestly think Ralph's going to pony up around $6m a year for an unproven HC? He'll go the cheap route, paying Frazier $2.5m.
Not necessarily, and WIlson has "claimed" that money is not an issue.

I think he fits what the Bills should be looking for in almost every way
1- A name they can sell to the fans
2- A good track record in Dallas, especially after this year
3- He's more than just the OC there, he's been Asst Coach and has learned alot
4- He was a finalist for Rams job last year, so people cant say Jones wont let him go

He's also an "offensive guy" with a solid rep for working with QBs.

We'll see.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Don't make me pull up my twitter account.

Ive reported every thing under the sun, but I do not recall ever once making my own personal prediction on our next head coach.

(I could be wrong, but I certainly dont recall it so if anyone can find otherwise, let me know)

shelby
PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
I spoke to a former player that tells me Jason Garrett will emerge as the top candidate for the Bills job

BigZ
I wouldn't mind that at all but I think the probability is low. Garrett will be the next coach of the Cowboys once Wade makes his last mistake there. Jerry Jones loves the guy and hired him as OC before Wade got the job as Head Coach.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
PatrickMoranBSD (http://twitter.com/PatrickMoranBSD)
I spoke to a former player that tells me Jason Garrett will emerge as the top candidate for the Bills job

Exactly, which is why I noted in thread my statement
"Based on a few things which don't add up too much now (not to mention I'm sick of reporting what is rightfully regarded as speculation right now)"

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:43 AM
I wouldn't mind that at all but I think the probability is low. Garrett will be the next coach of the Cowboys once Wade makes his last mistake there. Jerry Jones loves the guy and hired him as OC before Wade got the job as Head Coach.

Agreed. Certainly not taking the easy pick with this. Jones doesnt want to lose him.

But remember this. He (Garrett) almost became Rams coach last year, so you can't say Jones refuses to let him go.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Everybody and their mother in the media, who in many cases don't know anything more than you do, predict Frazier is the guy.

shelby
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
i'd be ok with Garrett. But again, it's more of the "wait and see".
We're Bills fans, we should be used to having our patience tested.

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Based on a few things which don't add up too much now (not to mention I'm sick of reporting what is rightfully regarded as speculation right now)

I'm going to predict publicly today on January 15, 2010 that Jason Garrett will end up as the Bills next head coach

Garrett to Buffalo (E4)

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
I hope you're right Pat, but, I just don't see Ralph paying twice as much for Garrett than Frazier, both uproven HC candidates. It's never been his nature, whether or not he wants to say $ isn't a concern. The only 2 reasons I could see this happening is his OC background (vs. Fraziers DC) and Garrett would be an easier sell to the fan base. I Still think they would have interviewed him by now, if they were interested.

cbatl32
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Not necessarily, and WIlson has "claimed" that money is not an issue.

I think he fits what the Bills should be looking for in almost every way
1- A name they can sell to the fans
2- A good track record in Dallas, especially after this year
3- He's more than just the OC there, he's been Asst Coach and has learned alot
4- He was a finalist for Rams job last year, so people cant say Jones wont let him go

He's also an "offensive guy" with a solid rep for working with QBs.

We'll see.

So is this just pure speculation on your part or do you have any sources/evidence to back up this thought? I would be thrilled with Garrett as our new HC, I just don't want to get my hopes up. I absolutely love what Garrett has done with that offense. Very innovative.

Bruce is Loose
01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Nice! I look forward to seeing your Saturday prediction tomorow! Wonder who THAT will be? Cowher? Grimm? Coghlin? Frazier?

SABURZFAN
01-15-2010, 09:48 AM
at least he's not a DC.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Nice! I look forward to seeing your Saturday prediction tomorow! Wonder who THAT will be? Cowher? Grimm? Coghlin? Frazier?

Joe Mama

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
So is this just pure speculation on your part or do you have any sources/evidence to back up this thought? I would be thrilled with Garrett as our new HC, I just don't want to get my hopes up. I absolutely love what Garrett has done with that offense. Very innovative.

I don't have anything concrete enough to report other than a conversation with a former player who told me the Bills really like him.

I'm just having a litlte message board fun. Everybody has the their predictions, I am making mine, and I know its a long shot too.

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 09:50 AM
My gut tells me Grimm will be the next coach, if he actually interviews with us and wants the job.

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I don't have anything concrete enough to report other than a conversation with a former player who told me the Bills really like him.

I'm just having a litlte message board fun. Everybody has the their predictions, I am making mine, and I know its a long shot too.

Unless of course it comes true, in whch case it's because you had great sources and will be very quick to remind people how you told them ahead of time?

I love how media works. Throw mud at the wall and see if it sticks, if it doesn't, you keep throwing until somthing does, and when it does you make sure everyone remembers how you were the one who stuck it there.

BloFan4Life
01-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Dallas is going to the super bowl, I don't see the Bills waiting that long.

bumblin
01-15-2010, 09:55 AM

yea but many people on here look at you as a guy who knows more about whats going on than the average fan. you cant just make wild guesses when many people will look at it as more than just that.
and yes you're going to reply that you gave a disclaimer, and that its not just a wild guess but information you got from a former player. but tomatoes and oranges may jump off of baskets while pelicans and roosters sun bathe underneath

Pinkerton Security
01-15-2010, 09:56 AM

i doubt they make the super bowl but if they do, id be willing to wait for Garrett.

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 09:56 AM

You are probably correct - that's why if they were interested in him, they would have interviewed him already. Harbaugh is another guy we should have considered, but, don;t seem to be.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Should I clarify?

I have reason, albeit it NOT concrete reason to believe that Jason Garrett could become the Bills next coach

I expect the Bills to make a push for him, if they haven't quietly already been already

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 10:01 AM
yea but many people on here look at you as a guy who knows more about whats going on than the average fan. you cant just make wild guesses when many people will look at it as more than just that.
and yes you're going to reply that you gave a disclaimer, and that its not just a wild guess but information you got from a former player. but tomatoes and oranges may jump off of baskets while pelicans and roosters sun bathe underneath

I look at it two ways

1- I've been a poster on here since before 2005 (2005 with this name) and sometimes I get sick of just "working" and I want to partake in discussions as a fan. It's always been my fav thing about this particular board.

2- I've reported every thing under the sun on BSD and/or in here. Every rumor, every spec, every thing that another website or reporter said. And frankly, even I'm sick of it.

So until I have something that I consider a little more concrete, I'm not going to report on it.

And Garrett is definitely a long shot, so Im not picking the favorite here.

Im just predicting him now. NOthing more, nothing less and nothing more should be read into it in this case.

If I'm wrong, and the odds would say I am, I hope I'm wrong with Russ Grimm.

clumping platelets
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
:dizzy:

THATHURMANATOR
01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
I would be fine with Garrett.

psubills62
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Interesting.

I wasn't too impressed with Garrett a year ago, but he's done decently this year. Of course, he's got some darn good players to work with.

Garrett certainly wouldn't be my first choice, but he's better than some.

BigZ
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM

In the official "predict the head coach thread" I chose Grimm with yesterday's date. We know how that turned out.

RockStar36
01-15-2010, 10:10 AM

Since you posted this here, I think you should also post it on the front page of BSD.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Since you posted this here, I think you should also post it on the front page of BSD.

Absolutley not and I clarified exactly why.

1- I have absolutely nothing concret and..

2- This is a message board shared by hundreds (thousands) of Bills fans, encouraged to have threads with news and opinions.

3- My website is mostly for Buffalo Sports news, not guesses

justasportsfan
01-15-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd be fine with Garrett

RockStar36
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM

2- This is a message board shared by hundreds (thousands) of Bills fans, encouraged to have threads with news and opinions.

So basically this thread is spam then.

Philagape
01-15-2010, 10:22 AM

Is every prediction made by every poster spam?

hydro
01-15-2010, 10:23 AM

Or just like the rest of the threads on this site?

mikemac2001
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
i predict this coaching BS is gonna go on for another 2 weeks...unless cowher announces it this weekend

RockStar36
01-15-2010, 10:27 AM

Yeah, pretty much.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 10:29 AM

My threads provide substantive information...until post 2 then they usually degrade into pure ****.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 10:31 AM

Every news site has opinion peices. There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, as long as you are able to back it up with good facts as to why it is your opinion.

Italian Stallion
01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Garrett to Buffalo (E4)

HAHAHAHAHA Yesss is that you Eklund?

justasportsfan
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
3- My website is mostly for reporting other peoples guesses

Fixed it for you PAt. :up:

TedMock
01-15-2010, 10:55 AM

That's not Pat's fault. If people see that he's clearly stating he's making a guess and it is not based on any inside scoop it's up to them to not be stupid. Pat reports when he hears substantive info and he brings up speculation he hears and/or he feels. He usually separates the statements, but there are a handful of morons who take everything he says as a "report." Pat is also a fan of the team and is allowed to act as such. I don't mean to get worked up, but lately every time Pat posts something there are attacks, people calling b.s., etc. Sometimes even when he gives his own guesses. He states them as guesses and still gets the b.s. posts. Makes no sense. The board has become a complete zoo over the last two weeks because of certain people crawling out of the woodwork and attacking long time, credible posters. Not you, others. I just happen to be responding to you. Don't take it the wrong way.

Night Train
01-15-2010, 11:02 AM
With Wades ringing endorsement :bf1:

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Maybe Ralph would just like to stick it once to Jerry.

Demon
01-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Is every prediction made by every poster spam?

I think you hit it on the nail. I wish Garrett was the next coach but i don't see it happening. Bills have went after Rivera (SD), Frazier (Minn), Schotty (Jets) and Grimm (Arizona) who are all in the playoffs, why wouldn't they go after Garrett already?

Beebe's Kid
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
That's not Pat's fault. If people see that he's clearly stating he's making a guess and it is not based on any inside scoop it's up to them to not be stupid. Pat reports when he hears substantive info and he brings up speculation he hears and/or he feels. He usually separates the statements, but there are a handful of morons who take everything he says as a "report." Pat is also a fan of the team and is allowed to act as such. I don't mean to get worked up, but lately every time Pat posts something there are attacks, people calling b.s., etc. Sometimes even when he gives his own guesses. He states them as guesses and still gets the b.s. posts. Makes no sense. The board has become a complete zoo over the last two weeks because of certain people crawling out of the woodwork and attacking long time, credible posters. Not you, others. I just happen to be responding to you. Don't take it the wrong way.

The best part is that they sit and wait for Pat's posts...he fully disclaims he just wants to be a fan and make a prediction, and he get's crucified anyway.

I would thank Pat, like the one's of us that appreciate him usually do, but it's not going to matter. Unfortunately it's not the praise that is going to keep him coming back, it will be the scorn that keeps him away. Then others that have any real sources will follow suit, and the board will never see any real buzz, just have a bunch of disgruntled fans making fun of each other...like the rest of the boards.

Beebe's Kid
01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I think you hit it on the nail. I wish Garrett was the next coach but i don't see it happening. Bills have went after Rivera (SD), Frazier (Minn), Schotty (Jets) and Grimm (Arizona) who are all in the playoffs, why wouldn't they go after Garrett already?

I dislike Clayton as much as the next guy...so I hate to put any merit into what he says, but he did say that we didn't even contact Rivera.

Demon
01-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I dislike Clayton as much as the next guy...so I hate to put any merit into what he says, but he did say that we didn't even contact Rivera.

I may be wrong and probably am, but i could have swore i heard he turned us down and mainly because he didn't want to interview for the same job as one of his best friends Leslie Frazier.

BertSquirtgum
01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/Jason%20Garrett%20Head%20Coach.jpg

Nighthawk
01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Jason Garrett is exactly what this team needs...I would love for you to be right.

madness
01-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Ive reported every thing under the sun, but I do not recall ever once making my own personal prediction on our next head coach.

(I could be wrong, but I certainly dont recall it so if anyone can find otherwise, let me know)
My wife may disagree but my memory kicks serious ass.

patrickmoranBSD (http://twitter.com/patrickmoranBSD) I have absolutely no inside information on this but I really see Brian Schottenheimer being next Bills coach (Brian)

from the thread: My not really bold prediction (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184943)
<hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1">
SChotty is going to be the next Bills head coach, as early as early to mid next week.

Who wants to bet a few pitchers of beer and some wings at the local pub that Marty S is the Bills head coach by next Thursday?

YoungEz
01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
I just don't see it happening due to the fact he makes 3.5 million as someone stated in Dallas and Ralph is cheap.

Would Garrett really choose Buffalo even if the money was offered? He has a solid gig on "Americas team"

streetkings01
01-15-2010, 12:39 PM
After Wade lets him know how things are done in Buffalo he'll quickly decline an interview.

Demon
01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
madness owns pat moran. lol ouch!

Canadian'eh!
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
My wife may disagree but my memory kicks serious ass.

patrickmoranBSD (http://twitter.com/patrickmoranBSD) I have absolutely no inside information on this but I really see Brian Schottenheimer being next Bills coach (Brian)

from the thread: My not really bold prediction (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184943)
<hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1">

Pwned.

And like any other media type... Pat conveniently forgets all previous statements that don't work out.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Ok. Ok.

But that was before he didnt even want to interview. I"d bet he was our top choice.

And I did say "I have absolutely no inside information" , so dont try to pawn it off like i was trying to break any news either.

THATHURMANATOR
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
PAT JUST GOT SERVED!

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 03:07 PM
PAT JUST GOT SERVED!

Tasty!!
Like the 1,000 wings these fans are going to send Cowher Sunday!

homeslice5484
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Pat, I would be happy with this for sure. He also brings a name which could attract some good coordinators.

patmoran2006
01-15-2010, 04:14 PM
I agree with masses though, it would be a tough sell and not easy to get from Jones.

homeslice5484
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think the Bills will make the effort to land him even if they do interview him. They seem to be content with taking the easy way out and continuing to lose, knowing fans will still pay for the garbage product.