• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Cowher vs. Kiffin

How many of you would be happy getting someone like Kiffin? Credentials (read lack thereof) aside, he has no integrity. What if Cowher has already accepted the Bills HC job? If I were in his position, I would request that nothing be made public until my current commitment (CBS's playoff coverage) was fulfilled. I would not wish to place my employer or my colleagues in that sort of awkward position.

Furthermore, in this situation, I would do what is best for my current employer so long as it does not hurt my future employer. I'd give CBS and my fellow talking heads the opportunity to break the official story. And I would wait until the Superbowl post game wrap up to do it. This would allow for increased ratings along the way with more people tuning in to see if I said anything. It would not distract from the playoff coverage. Ultimately, it would give me one big send-off that benefits CBS Sports in a win-win situation.

The Bills would not have a problem with this as there is really no benefit to them to announce it now. I can still quietly assemble my staff and start my initial plans in motion behind the scenes.

It's only the Bills fans that are in a dither. But as professionals, both the FO and the future HC can handle that.

It's all about integrity and proffessionalism.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: Cowher vs. Kiffin

Integrity issues aside, I wouldn't want Kiffin because based on his team's records as a head coach, he stinks.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Id take Kiffin.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Kiffin's decision to take the USC job after only a year at Tennessee is certainly unethical. As far as Cowher is concerned, I don't know what kind of understanding he might have with CBS. Maybe he's said to them, "Look, you've been great to me but I really have the urge to coach again. My continued employment here needs to be with the understanding that if the right coaching opportunity comes along, I will take it."
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Kiffin is awful. All the stuff with USC aside, what has this guy done to prove he is worthy of three head coaching positions in the last couple years? It's like he keeps getting these jobs without proving ANYTHING.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
            Kiffin is awful. All the stuff with USC aside, what has this guy done to prove he is worthy of three head coaching positions in the last couple years? It's like he keeps getting these jobs without proving ANYTHING.
            you've heard of him, tight ? ... That's probably more then enough credentials for OBD ... no ?

Comment

• ct bills fan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
              How many of you would be happy getting someone like Kiffin? Credentials (read lack thereof) aside, he has no integrity. What if Cowher has already accepted the Bills HC job? If I were in his position, I would request that nothing be made public until my current commitment (CBS's playoff coverage) was fulfilled. I would not wish to place my employer or my colleagues in that sort of awkward position.

Furthermore, in this situation, I would do what is best for my current employer so long as it does not hurt my future employer. I'd give CBS and my fellow talking heads the opportunity to break the official story. And I would wait until the Superbowl post game wrap up to do it. This would allow for increased ratings along the way with more people tuning in to see if I said anything. It would not distract from the playoff coverage. Ultimately, it would give me one big send-off that benefits CBS Sports in a win-win situation.

The Bills would not have a problem with this as there is really no benefit to them to announce it now. I can still quietly assemble my staff and start my initial plans in motion behind the scenes.

It's only the Bills fans that are in a dither. But as professionals, both the FO and the future HC can handle that.

It's all about integrity and proffessionalism.
              Nice effort, but, I think CBS would want the publicity of him announcing it now and using it as a storyline the rest of the playoffs. I want to believe, but, I don't see it happening anymore. If there was an agreement in place, the Bills wouldn't be wasting their time and other candidates time trying to set up interviews.

Comment

• Mike in Syracuse
                • Jul 2002

So if Cowher accepted the job but wanted to wait to announce it why are the Bills actively pursuing other candidates.

Nothing screams ethics and integrity more than interviewing someone you have no intention of hiring.

Comment

• billsfan0404
                  • Aug 2004

I don't know if they are "actively" pursuing anyone right now.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Kiffin's decision to take the USC job after only a year at Tennessee is certainly unethical. As far as Cowher is concerned, I don't know what kind of understanding he might have with CBS. Maybe he's said to them, "Look, you've been great to me but I really have the urge to coach again. My continued employment here needs to be with the understanding that if the right coaching opportunity comes along, I will take it."
                    It was in no way unethical. Calling the recruits after leaving was unethical but leaving Tennesee was not.

He made the decision that was his and his families best interest.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

He actually did remarkably well for the Vols this year. He doesn't deserve the USC job but he did a very good job recruiting and coaching in Tennessee.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Zero
                        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                        • Oct 2004

****- Kiffin and his brand of "happy" football...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Jauron had plenty of integrity and was extremely professional.

Sadly those qualities alone don't seem to win football games...

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            He actually did remarkably well for the Vols this year. He doesn't deserve the USC job but he did a very good job recruiting and coaching in Tennessee.
                            I was less than impressed.

7-6 record.

Numerous violations.

Calling out Urban Meyer. Then losing to Urban Meyer.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

i'm with you on that.

It's blown my mind that this kid keeps getting these wildly fantastic chances. It's not hyperbole to say i would seriously consider killing someone for a shot at the UT or USC job... maybe not so much for a shot at the Raiders... but still. this guy has no track record of success. yet people just keep hiring him.
                              Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-15-2010, 02:43 PM.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X