PDA

View Full Version : Cowher vs. Kiffin

Throne Logic
01-15-2010, 11:23 AM
How many of you would be happy getting someone like Kiffin? Credentials (read lack thereof) aside, he has no integrity. What if Cowher has already accepted the Bills HC job? If I were in his position, I would request that nothing be made public until my current commitment (CBS's playoff coverage) was fulfilled. I would not wish to place my employer or my colleagues in that sort of awkward position.

Furthermore, in this situation, I would do what is best for my current employer so long as it does not hurt my future employer. I'd give CBS and my fellow talking heads the opportunity to break the official story. And I would wait until the Superbowl post game wrap up to do it. This would allow for increased ratings along the way with more people tuning in to see if I said anything. It would not distract from the playoff coverage. Ultimately, it would give me one big send-off that benefits CBS Sports in a win-win situation.

The Bills would not have a problem with this as there is really no benefit to them to announce it now. I can still quietly assemble my staff and start my initial plans in motion behind the scenes.

It's only the Bills fans that are in a dither. But as professionals, both the FO and the future HC can handle that.

It's all about integrity and proffessionalism.

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Integrity issues aside, I wouldn't want Kiffin because based on his team's records as a head coach, he stinks.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Id take Kiffin.

TigerJ
01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Kiffin's decision to take the USC job after only a year at Tennessee is certainly unethical. As far as Cowher is concerned, I don't know what kind of understanding he might have with CBS. Maybe he's said to them, "Look, you've been great to me but I really have the urge to coach again. My continued employment here needs to be with the understanding that if the right coaching opportunity comes along, I will take it."

RockStar36
01-15-2010, 11:39 AM
Kiffin is awful. All the stuff with USC aside, what has this guy done to prove he is worthy of three head coaching positions in the last couple years? It's like he keeps getting these jobs without proving ANYTHING.

ddaryl
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Kiffin is awful. All the stuff with USC aside, what has this guy done to prove he is worthy of three head coaching positions in the last couple years? It's like he keeps getting these jobs without proving ANYTHING.

you've heard of him, tight ? ... That's probably more then enough credentials for OBD ... no ?

ct bills fan
01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
How many of you would be happy getting someone like Kiffin? Credentials (read lack thereof) aside, he has no integrity. What if Cowher has already accepted the Bills HC job? If I were in his position, I would request that nothing be made public until my current commitment (CBS's playoff coverage) was fulfilled. I would not wish to place my employer or my colleagues in that sort of awkward position.

Furthermore, in this situation, I would do what is best for my current employer so long as it does not hurt my future employer. I'd give CBS and my fellow talking heads the opportunity to break the official story. And I would wait until the Superbowl post game wrap up to do it. This would allow for increased ratings along the way with more people tuning in to see if I said anything. It would not distract from the playoff coverage. Ultimately, it would give me one big send-off that benefits CBS Sports in a win-win situation.

The Bills would not have a problem with this as there is really no benefit to them to announce it now. I can still quietly assemble my staff and start my initial plans in motion behind the scenes.

It's only the Bills fans that are in a dither. But as professionals, both the FO and the future HC can handle that.

It's all about integrity and proffessionalism.

Nice effort, but, I think CBS would want the publicity of him announcing it now and using it as a storyline the rest of the playoffs. I want to believe, but, I don't see it happening anymore. If there was an agreement in place, the Bills wouldn't be wasting their time and other candidates time trying to set up interviews.

Mike in Syracuse
01-15-2010, 11:48 AM
So if Cowher accepted the job but wanted to wait to announce it why are the Bills actively pursuing other candidates.

Nothing screams ethics and integrity more than interviewing someone you have no intention of hiring.

billsfan0404
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't know if they are "actively" pursuing anyone right now.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Kiffin's decision to take the USC job after only a year at Tennessee is certainly unethical. As far as Cowher is concerned, I don't know what kind of understanding he might have with CBS. Maybe he's said to them, "Look, you've been great to me but I really have the urge to coach again. My continued employment here needs to be with the understanding that if the right coaching opportunity comes along, I will take it."

It was in no way unethical. Calling the recruits after leaving was unethical but leaving Tennesee was not.

He made the decision that was his and his families best interest.

DraftBoy
01-15-2010, 12:13 PM

He actually did remarkably well for the Vols this year. He doesn't deserve the USC job but he did a very good job recruiting and coaching in Tennessee.

Zero
01-15-2010, 12:16 PM
*******- Kiffin and his brand of "happy" football...

Iehoshua
01-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Jauron had plenty of integrity and was extremely professional.

Sadly those qualities alone don't seem to win football games...

RockStar36
01-15-2010, 01:03 PM
He actually did remarkably well for the Vols this year. He doesn't deserve the USC job but he did a very good job recruiting and coaching in Tennessee.

I was less than impressed.

7-6 record.

Numerous violations.

Calling out Urban Meyer. Then losing to Urban Meyer.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Ingtar33
01-15-2010, 02:41 PM

i'm with you on that.

It's blown my mind that this kid keeps getting these wildly fantastic chances. It's not hyperbole to say i would seriously consider killing someone for a shot at the UT or USC job... maybe not so much for a shot at the Raiders... but still. this guy has no track record of success. yet people just keep hiring him.

tampabay25690
01-15-2010, 04:11 PM
KIFFIN is a scumbag

Throne Logic
01-15-2010, 11:23 PM
So if Cowher accepted the job but wanted to wait to announce it why are the Bills actively pursuing other candidates.

Nothing screams ethics and integrity more than interviewing someone you have no intention of hiring.

Who have they actually brought in. So far, I see lots of on-again/ off-again speculation, but has OBD come out and officially said, "We are bringing in so-and-so for an interview"?

YardRat
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM

That's called 'The Rooney Rule'.

YardRat
01-16-2010, 12:12 AM
i'm with you on that.

It's blown my mind that this kid keeps getting these wildly fantastic chances. It's not hyperbole to say i would seriously consider killing someone for a shot at the UT or USC job... maybe not so much for a shot at the Raiders... but still. this guy has no track record of success. yet people just keep hiring him.

Oh, my ass...If Al Davis called you right now you'd be in California before the sun rises. :D

DraftBoy
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
I was less than impressed.

7-6 record.

Numerous violations.

Calling out Urban Meyer. Then losing to Urban Meyer.

I don't know, maybe it's just me.

7-6 given what he had? UT was a mess and had few NFL caliber players even on it. No QB, no OL protection and D that was a mess.

Kiffin in a little over 2 months on the job recruited;
5 Star-2
4 Star-6
3 Star-8

Tenneesee's class before Kiffin;
4 Star-3
3 Star-3

He landed two of the top players in the country in Bryce Brown and Janzen Jackson and stole NuKeese Richardson from Florida.

Did he have violations? Yes and just because it the SEC it doesnt excuse it either. But these happen every year.

The Meyer things was dumb but how can you fault the guy for at least being confident? Nobody would touch Meyer, he was invincible and Kiffin at least took a shot.

So in short, yes I think its just you and a few others. Tennessee last year played above their ability and with the recruits he had brought in and the class he had lined up for this year there was very little doubt that Tennessee was going to be back in the top of the SEC very very soon.

Ron Burgundy
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM

:rofl:

Yeah, he was a kickass recruiter there at Tennessee. Violations all over the place, and he obviously loved his own guys.

Lane: “Understand this class is far below the standards we have here and what will be here in the future.”

I'm assuming he said that because three of his recruits were arrested for armed robbery.

Total weasel.

BillsWin
01-16-2010, 10:52 AM
I HATE Kiffin. But Draft Boy is right.

Typ0
01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
When they make the hire announcement I could really care less at that time what name it is or what their track record is. I won't be in the least bit contented until the team is competitive and a sense of pride in being a Bills fan is restored to sundays.

EricStratton
01-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Calling certain recruits and telling them not to enroll in January and allowing others to enroll a day or two before bailing on them is the guy I'd want sitting in my living room recruiting my son.

Ron Burgundy
01-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Calling certain recruits and telling them not to enroll in January and allowing others to enroll a day or two before bailing on them is the guy I'd want sitting in my living room recruiting my son.

There's that, too, plus they got popped for the hostesses on Lane's watch.

Dude's a waste. I'd beat Layla's **** the **** up, though.

EricStratton
01-16-2010, 11:09 AM
You're a freakin' pig

Ron Burgundy
01-16-2010, 11:10 AM
We recognize our own, yes. :up: