• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo 10th in league attendance

I started a thread about how great the fans in Buffalo are and how no matter the product, you still came out in droves to support the team. Well it's official now. Buffalo is 10th over all in league attendance even though the region is the 3rd smallest in the league.

The Buffalo Bills, as our favorite sports columnists keep reminding us, have just wrapped up a miserable decade. Dick Jauron and his predecessors led the team to an unhappy record of 66 wins and 94 losses from 2000 through 2009.

But enough with the bad news.

The Bills remain highly competitive at the box office. The National Football League’s final attendance rankings for the 2009 season, as compiled by ESPN, put Buffalo in 10th place out of 32 teams, even though it’s the league’s third-smallest market.

Full article
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Buffalo 10th in league attendance

ticket prices must be raised

this team needs more revenue and the fans have to provide it. Otherwise more cash to cap and no top FA pickups.... and more of letting some of our top players walk

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl

this team needs more revenue and the fans have to provide it. Otherwise more cash to cap and no top FA pickups.... and more of letting some of our top players walk
      Couldn't agree more with this statement. Although that is the great thing about the Bills is the cheap cost for the experience, I think everyone could make do with a 10-15 dollar raise in ticket prices. With the amount of people that attend games, that could be huge for our team.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

100% agreed...

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

And Toronto, the largest canadian market, has a stadium with 25,000 less seats and about almost 35,000 less people.

Dear NFL, every city doesn't want to spend money on your product. the ones you are currently in (minus JAX) are key and vital to your bottom line. New teams either need to come from expansion or understood to be failures.

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

10th in the league with a joke of a team.... Just imagine if the Bills had even gotten a sniff or two of the playoffs....
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ddaryl
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Cntrygal
              10th in the league with a joke of a team.... Just imagine if the Bills had even gotten a sniff or two of the playoffs....

no change

we've pretty much sold out every game. We maxed our attendance.. Unless we build a bigger stadium we're probably not going to move up that chart but a spot or 3 at the very best.

I would be more interested in knowing where we rank in regards to revenues.. that' sthe story line, not so much attendance but bottom line

according to Forbes 2008 we are 23rd in revenue (206 million) , and 27th in value (875 million)
              Last edited by ddaryl; 01-15-2010, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
                the cheap cost for the experience, .

Cheap cost for the experience = 10 years of missed playoffs and the most pathetic inept football operations one can witness

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

considering we can't crack the top 6 because of the size of the stadium I would have to say we did pretty damn well.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    considering we can't crack the top 6 because of the size of the stadium I would have to say we did pretty damn well.
                    we kick ass on attendance, but that means little. Revenues is what really counts

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

The Bills are not immune from the basic laws of supply and demand. This team dare not raise prices until the quality of the on field product increases substantially. Yeah, a championship caliber team can charge a premium, but what do the Bills offer at this point to make it worth that much money? Even the facility isn't as good as the Colts or Vikings - their fans enjoy an enclosed, climate controlled environs.

If Ralph Wilson hadn't spent a decade cheap-chiseling on the staff and the coaching, there might be a product on the field that could command additional revenue and profit. The current team does not.
                      Last edited by Cleve; 01-15-2010, 03:26 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• T-Long
                        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                        • Sep 2003

Got a question for you locals, what was up with the 92 wildcard game and why didn't it sell out?

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

this stat wil dramatically drop in the next three years. Especially if a joke of a coach is hired...which is looking more and more like the case every day.
                          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by T-Long
                            Got a question for you locals, what was up with the 92 wildcard game and why didn't it sell out?
                            Didn't Rich Stadium have a heckuva lot more seats then, one of the largest seating capacities in the NFL? And it was an outdoor game in January - that tends to suppress attendance a bit.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by T-Long

i think they had 83,000 seats back then.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X