PDA

View Full Version : The Bus says Cowher isn't coming back

Prov401
01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.faniq.com/article/Jerome-Bettis-says-that-Bill-Cowher-wants-to-coach-the-Giants-1958384?ref=fromTS

Mike13
01-15-2010, 01:26 PM
What a shock.

Don't Panic
01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
If he is dumb (classless... whatever) enough to let it be known, even through secondary channels, where he wants to coach next a full YEAR before that has a chance of becoming a reality, then so be it. If this is true, then screw him.

bigbry
01-15-2010, 01:53 PM
If he is dumb (classless... whatever) enough to let it be known, even through secondary channels, where he wants to coach next a full YEAR before that has a chance of becoming a reality, then so be it. If this is true, then screw him.

NEWS UPDATE:
Actually it would be much sooner then a year if in fact it were true.
Now would he be" dumb""classless" if he came to the Bills?

trapezeus
01-15-2010, 02:11 PM
i wonder why he sees the giants such a better fit when it's a long shot chance vs. the jets when they asked last year.

it doesn't make sense to me unless cowher isn't really hungry to coach, but wants to coach a good team that has just under performed.

To me that's a recipe for disaster. get a guy who thinks, "this talented team just needs me. I'm not really up for a major challenge. I just want to fix something that i watch from a far on sundays and say to myself, 'i can do that.'"

If this is really cowher's thinking, he's probably not going to be very successful in his return.

If he is thinking, i want back in, i know i'm the best, i just need a clean sheet and room to work...then i think he'll do well.

Obviously that has a pro buffalo agenda to it. but i wouldn't be surprised if he could go to any of the bottom 12 teams and work magic if he's really hungry to coach.

A coach who wants to be given a perfect situation to up his legacy/ego is a bad hire.

DynaPaul
01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Coughlin isn't going anywhere unless the Giants really stink it up bad next year. The man just won them a Super Bowl not too long ago.