• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

The one question about Cowher nobody can/will answer

Just today alone, I spoke with two writers from the Buffalo News, two reporters who cover the NFL nationally, THREE former players and someone else I consider a "go to" guy, asking only a single question, and nobody could or would answer it.

"Why has Bill Cowher not publicly said thanks but no thanks to the Buffalo Bills job" ?

He'd have nothing to lose by stating he's not interested; its not like he'd lose leverage elsewhere.

And to boot, even our owner has admitted the sides have talked and Wilson even said "you'll have to ask him"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: The one question about Cowher nobody can/will answer

million dollar question brother

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

doesn't make sense...Gruden and Shanny and Brian S. all had no problems telling us no...why isn't he?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

i mean 7 million dollar question

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

I'm sending wings.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

booooooo
            Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 01-15-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
              • Nov 2005

Q: Why hasn't Bill Cowher publicly stated that he does not want to be stung to death by killer bees?

A: Why the **** would Bill Cowher waste his time issuing public statements about things he clearly has no interest in doing?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Because Cowher wants to coach and would need this job offer as leverage if another deal were to open that interested him.

Or maybe the Bills asked him not to give an answer "yes" or "no" until a certain date.

Either way, as I said from the beginning, Cowher is never, ever, coming here.

My old company could offer me twice what I'm making now and I would still say no. At some point it's about the quality and not the quantity.

Simon Cowell turned down 100 million dollars to return to American Idol.

Ralph's legacy is that he let the Bills fall to a point that only a new owner can turn it around.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                  doesn't make sense...Gruden and Shanny and Brian S. all had no problems telling us no...why isn't he?
                  No, they didn't. None of those people issued statements saying "I have no interest in coaching the Buffalo Bills," either. It's just that no one gives a damn because none of them are Bill Cowher.

Let it go, folks.

Comment

• T-Long
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    That really has no relevance. He turned it down because he is bringing his Britian show to the U.S.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Because Cowher wants to coach and would need this job offer as leverage if another deal were to open that interested him.

Or maybe the Bills asked him not to give an answer "yes" or "no" until a certain date.

Either way, as I said from the beginning, Cowher is never, ever, coming here.

My old company could offer me twice what I'm making now and I would still say no. At some point it's about the quality and not the quantity.

Ralph's legacy is that he let the Bills fall to a point that only a new owner can turn it around.
                      The only part of your answer that had to do with the question is your first answer (though I certainly agree with your statements).

Comment

• T-Long
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                        No, they didn't. None of those people issued statements saying "I have no interest in coaching the Buffalo Bills," either. It's just that no one gives a damn because none of them are Bill Cowher.

Let it go, folks.
                        What are you talking about? Yes they did. All 3 of them publicly turned down the Bills.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy

Let it go, folks.
                          I've already "let it go" in terms of thinking he's coming here.

However. Since its been reported and even the owner was quoted as saying they've met, you'd think Cowher would issue SOMETHING to at least confirm something, even a generic "It's not the right opportunity at the right time" kind of one liner.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            Just today alone, I spoke with two writers from the Buffalo News, two reporters who cover the NFL nationally, THREE former players and someone else I consider a "go to" guy, asking only a single question, and nobody could or would answer it.

"Why has Bill Cowher not publicly said thanks but no thanks to the Buffalo Bills job" ?

He'd have nothing to lose by stating he's not interested; its not like he'd lose leverage elsewhere.

And to boot, even our owner has admitted the sides have talked and Wilson even said "you'll have to ask him"
                            This is nothing different from what I've been asking/saying for the last three weeks. Here, on other boards, on my show, etc..
                            Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                            And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                              What are you talking about? Yes they did. All 3 of them publicly turned down the Bills.
                              Well, Shanahan sort of did, by taking another job.

I must have missed the statements issued by the other two. A link would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X