• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Saw Crosby and co. yesterday

Went to the game last night and the tix weren't cheap as it's rare that Crosby and gang make it to the west.

Thoughts on Crosby:

Does a lot of floating around high in the neutral zone. Not overly aggresive ala Ovechkin. Easy to get off his game with a few solid hits.

And finally, he looked like he wanted to go toe to toe with JF Jaques. Not a wise idea.

All in all a good game and it was a good experience for my son to witness his favourite player.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: Saw Crosby and co. yesterday

You spelled favorite wrong
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Mitchell55
      only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
      • Feb 2008

Hockey spellin

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Glad you had a good time. I guess it's harder for you to see him than it is for us on the East. I've had some great opportunities to see Crosby, besides at Sabres/Pens, which I've been to in Pittsburgh and in Buffalo. Some non-Sabres -- Sat second row behind the net, Caps v. Pens in Washington, in 2005-06. Pens/Wings Stanley Cup Finals Game 2 '07-'08 in a box, next to Bettmans box - sitting next to Trevor Linden, Alexander Ovechkin, Sundin, Messier. (It pays being in the steel industry and doing business with Pittsburgh companies -- they have Pens boxes). I had an opportunity to sit in the box in this past Cup Final but had something else going on preventing me.

I'm always amazed at Crosby's compete level. It just seems like he outworks everyone else on the ice.
        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-15-2010, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X