X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

So im moving out of the area...

I've been a die-hard, Bills fan my whole life. I was born into it and used to be PROUD to talk about being a Buffalo Bills Fan. The past decade wasn't easy of course and I still tried to make excuses and reasons why the Bills werent fufiling expectations. As for the past 3 years, I have nothing positive to say about this organization, same for many of the people on this board.

Now I know I'm going to get some typical responses like "don't let the door hit ya on the way out" and "youre not a true fan if you give up"

But seriously, help me out here...WHY should I still support this team in my new town? Why not like the Chargers? I know Buffalo gets a bad rap and indeed it is a great town I would NEVER talk bad about the people of WNY or the city itself. But the Bills...god this is depressing.....
    Last edited by more cowbell; 01-15-2010, 05:58 PM.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Dr. Pepper
    • Apr 2008

Re: So im moving out of the area...

are you moving to San Diego???

go ahead and root for the Chargers.....

until they play the Bills.

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
      are you moving to San Diego???

go ahead and root for the Chargers.....

until they play the Bills.

im going to...but i was thinking about making the full-time switch

Comment

• THRILLHO
        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
        • Feb 2009

If you dont feel the need or the want to support the team, then you should not. No one is asking you to. And there is no reason that you should. It is a very popular thing to do right now I am sure, stop supporting the team when this get this bad. But we will be here now, if you stop supporting, and when you come back to us. And we'll be ready to accept you back into the fold
        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• cpearl
          • Mar 2005

If you have to ask this question you shouldn't be a fan. Or, more importantly, you aren't a true fan. I won't make fun of you, but if you want to be a fairweather fan, root for another team.

Note: I've been living out of the area for over 8 years and watch almost every game (thank god for Directv Sunday Ticket).

Comment

• ILOVEMIBILLS
            • Apr 2003

Love San Diego. Great city. Nice people. Coronado is a great place as well. I'm a Bills fan first and then a Chargers fan.

Comment

• tatersalad
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by more cowbell
              im going to...but i was thinking about making the full-time switch
              Real Fans Don't switch it's the hand were dealt

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by cpearl
                If you have to ask this question you shouldn't be a fan. Or, more importantly, you aren't a true fan. I won't make fun of you, but if you want to be a fairweather fan, root for another team.

Note: I've been living out of the area for over 8 years and watch almost every game (thank god for Directv Sunday Ticket).
                totally disagree with this. this decade has been torture, and i wouldnt blame any fan for waivering. that said, ill support the Bills until they move.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

I've been a die-hard, Bills fan my whole life......

If that is truely the case you won't be able to stop being a Bills fan. Believe me, I wish I could but it becomes part of who you are. I'm a Bills fan, period. No matter how much I hate the organization at times I'll always be there watching and hoping for the best on gameday.
                  Last edited by Novacane; 01-15-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I've been a die-hard, Bills fan my whole life. I was born into it and used to be PROUD to talk about being a Buffalo Bills Fan. The past decade wasn't easy of course and I still tried to make excuses and reasons why the Bills werent fufiling expectations. As for the past 3 years, I have nothing positive to say about this organization, same for many of the people on this board.

Now I know I'm going to get some typical responses like "don't let the door hit ya on the way out" and "youre not a true fan if you give up"

But seriously, help me out here...WHY should I still support this team in my new town? Why not like the Chargers? I know Buffalo gets a bad rap and indeed it is a great town I would NEVER talk bad about the people of WNY or the city itself. But the Bills...god this is depressing.....
                    I would never question my fanhood ever

Comment

• Billz_fan
                      • Jan 2003

If you can make the switch go for it. I spent 12 years in the Tampa Bay area. I was all gung ho to embrace the local sports community and become a bucs fan. I didn't even last a season. I drove by some bars that has the ticket and some that had Bills Logo's in the windows and stuff and there I was

Next thing that happened was I switched to Direct tv and got the ticket myself. The rest is history. My big switch lasted about 2-3 weeks, lol

I did end up following the Rays though, oh well.

Oh yeah, I been a Bills fan for 30+ years and a football fan for at least 44 years. Is it just me or does anyone else hate the expression "true fan" and "real fan" ? Everytime someone says one of those my eyes automatically roll. Im not going to go in depth into it but I would never say either to someone.
                      The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

I just don't understand how you can flip a switch and consciously try to like another team. I can't see forcing myself to like someone else.

The farthest I could see going is just not paying attention to the Bills until the season started, but personally, I could never even do that.

I've never lived in NY state and I grew up about 3.5 hours from Buffalo in PA. I recently moved to Pittsburgh and it made me hate the Steelers more.
                        Last edited by wmoz11; 01-15-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Billz_fan
                          If you can make the switch go for it. I spent 12 years in the Tampa Bay area. I was all gung ho to embrace the local sports community and become a bucs fan. I didn't even last a season. I drove by some bars that has the ticket and some that had Bills Logo's in the windows and stuff and there I was

Next thing that happened was I switched to Direct tv and got the ticket myself. The rest is history. My big switch lasted about 2-3 weeks, lol

I did end up following the Rays though, oh well.

Oh yeah, I been a Bills fan for 30+ years and a football fan for at least 44 years. Is it just me or does anyone else hate the expression "true fan" and "real fan" ? Everytime someone says one of those my eyes automatically roll. Im not going to go in depth into it but I would never say either to someone.

They shouldnt even be called a fan

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• billistic
                            Veteran Zoner
                            • Nov 2009

I would NEVER talk bad about the people of WNY or the city itself. But the Bills...god this is depressing.....
                            Is the owner a Buffalonian? How many of those at OBD are native Buffalonians? How many of the coaches or players on the Bills team are Buffalonians?

The one and only thing Buffalo about this team are the fans.

Don't let the accident of your place of birth ruin your love for the game...

Comment

• more cowbell
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by wmoz11
                              I just don't understand how you can flip a switch and consciously try to like another team. I can't see forcing myself to like someone else.

The farthest I could see going is just not paying attention to the Bills until the season started, but personally, I could never even do that.

I've never lived in NY state and I grew up about 3.5 hours from Buffalo in PA. I recently moved to Pittsburgh and it made me hate the Steelers more.
                              I lived in pittsburgh area for a year and it made me hate the steelers more than any team in the nfl. but thats just because their fans are clueless homers

Comment

Working...
                              X