PDA

View Full Version : Sabres fans will not hear Jeanneret for two weeks

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Sabres TV host Kevin Sylvester and Neale will call the action on TV and radio for Saturday in New York (7 p.m.), and Monday in Phoenix (8 p.m.). In addition, Rob Ray will join the crew for Monday’s game in Phoenix.

Dan Dunleavy will handle radio play-by-play duties on Tuesday in Anaheim (10 p.m.). Dunleavy is a sportscaster for the FAN 590 in Toronto, and is also the play-by-play voice of the World Junior Hockey Championship on the FAN Radio Network across Canada. Fans watching on TV will see the FSN crew of John Ahlers and Brian Hayward.

Paul Hamilton, the Sabres beat reporter for Sports Radio WGR 550, will be in the radio booth with Neale in Los Angeles on Thursday (10:30 p.m.), and San Jose on Saturday (10:30 p.m.). MSG will air the FSN Los Angeles team of Bob Miller and Jim Fox on Tuesday, and Comcast Sportsnet’s crew of Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda on Saturday from San Jose.

When the trip concludes in Vancouver on Monday (10 p.m.), Derek Wills will be the Sabres radio play-by-play man. A native of Port Colborne, Ont., Wills has been the voice of the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs since 2001. The TV broadcast will originate from Rogers Sportsnet that night, featuring John Garrett and Dan Murphy.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news

JD
01-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Why?

tatersalad
01-15-2010, 06:03 PM
why?

DMBcrew36
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Why?

I recall something similar to this happening last year. Jeanneret just isn't up to the West coast swings any more, I think. I might be wrong, there may be another reason. But I think he's just not up to it anymore.

From Phoenix on forward we'll get the home feed with home announcers, with random hosers filling in on radio. No big deal. I watch the Kings and Phoenix feeds all the time on Centre Ice - they're good. The Sportsnet feed is awesome. I just wish the games would be in HD because I KNOW for a fact that those outlets carry their games in HD. But, we all know they're be scratchy, blurry, crappy standard-def feeds.

SabreEleven
01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
If this means we get to hear Rick more years to come, I'm all for it.

trapezeus
01-17-2010, 03:28 PM
maybe the sabres don't let rick keep the miles earned on the WC trips.