PDA

View Full Version : League Perception Of Bills IS Rock Bottom

Night Train
01-16-2010, 06:11 AM
Remember when Jauron was fired back in November, Ralph promised big changes ? Well..

1. Brandon was kicked upstairs to Team President
2. No one outside the adm. bldg. hallway was even considered for GM.
3. No front office changes. Modrak and Guy still here.

Nix will probably draft well and find some good role FA's (ala Drayton Florence)... but to the outside world, the Bills are just cheap talkers that practice lazy cronyism at it's highest level.

When it's been a losing formula for 10 years starting with the Wade firing, then how exactly have the Bills changed whatsover ?

I realize other factors are involved, such as weather, long term viability, the owners lockout and big market clubs wishing to rid themselves of revenue sharing (which would finish the Bills and several others).

The GM/Coaching fraternity is a tight one. You think people like Wade, Greggo, Mularkey and Tom Donahoe don't talk ? (we know Jauron just mumbles and is owed 6 Mil., so he's not talking).

The last couple of weeks should be an enormous wakeup call for this organization with all the candidates telling them " thanks but no thanks ". I anticipate the press having a field day with this unless they start thinking out of the box and move fast to hire someone they wouldn't consider before.

With all the quality asst. coaches being scooped up, the next coach will have difficulty assembling a quality staff.

There are only 32 of these jobs but candiates are starting to believe that 5 years from now, this Bill HC entry would be a giant blemish on their resume.

Wake up, OBD or say hello to a half empty stadium. I believe all your tricks are played with the fanbase, let alone the rest of the NFL. :down:

Novacane
01-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Remember when Jauron was fired back in November, Ralph promised big changes ? Well..

1. Brandon was kicked upstairs to Team President
2. No one outside the adm. bldg. hallway was even considered for GM.
3. No front office changes. Modrak and Guy still here.

Nix will probably draft well and find some good role FA's (ala Drayton Florence)... but to the outside world, the Bills are just cheap talkers that practice lazy cronyism at it's highest level.

When it's been a losing formula for 10 years starting with the Wade firing, then how exactly have the Bills changed whatsover ?

I realize other factors are involved, such as weather, long term viability, the owners lockout and big market clubs wishing to rid themselves of revenue sharing (which would finish the Bills and several others).

The GM/Coaching fraternity is a tight one. You think people like Wade, Greggo, Mularkey and Tom Donahoe don't talk ? (we know Jauron just mumbles and is owed 6 Mil., so he's not talking).

The last couple of weeks should be an enormous wakeup call for this organization with all the candidates telling them " thanks but no thanks ". I anticipate the press having a field day with this unless they start thinking out of the box and move fast to hire someone they wouldn't consider before.

With all the quality asst. coaches being scooped up, the next coach will have difficulty assembling a quality staff.

There are only 32 of these jobs but candiates are starting to believe that 5 years from now, this Bill HC entry would be a giant blemish on their resume.

Wake up, OBD or say hello to a half empty stadium. I believe all your tricks are played with the fanbase, let alone the rest of the NFL. :down:

It should but it won't be.

Poz's Posse
01-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Problem is....the stadium won't be half empty cause people will still buy tickets, ala last year----10th in the league in attendance to support what........T.O....nothing but a joke....they ran a PR move that people fell for.
The counter argument that always ensues is if we don't buy he sells the team and moves it.....he's 93 years old......unless the supposed Kelly group steps in the team is gone anyway.
So the h$$$ with that theory.....people have to wake up.......send the message and hit them in the wallet......this is not acceptable and they should be told that loud and clear.
Incompetence should not be rewarded.........

Historian
01-16-2010, 06:42 AM
Do not discount how Wilson tried to screw Wade out of his salary.

That was a real eye opener for a lot of coaches, and its why we've had second and third tier guys since.

ddaryl
01-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Oh well. time to embrace the patheticness and see how far we can take it.

Might as well celebrate what we are best at... sucking

Night Train
01-16-2010, 07:44 AM

That was a real eye opener for a lot of coaches, and its why we've had second and third tier guys since.

Spot on. And now even the 3rd tier guys are saying " No thanks ".

I can't stand Jerry Jones but he does have a point about Ralph and other small markets making the best possible effort to sell naming rights and raise sponsorship before sticking their hands out for the revenue sharing cut.

The Bills have done a remarkable job in regionalizing the product but must follow it up with a goodwill effort, getting the best people and showing success in the WIN column.

Ralph seems far too comfortable with his profit margin, knowing how much $$ comes in with the upfront TV revenue and small market revenue sharing. It gives little to no incentive to change.

Telling us it's mostly "luck" doesn't cut it , Ralph.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2010, 08:19 AM
I plan on waiting a few more weeks before I become more depressed with what moves are made/not made at One Bills Drive. In many cases, some of the best coaches can come from some of the best teams. That means waiting till the end of the Superbowl before all the coaches are available. God forbid we wait till then. There will be mass suicides on this board and others.

Ten years ago, Ralph went outside of the organization and hired a person who was considered very respected and knowledgeable in football circles in Tom Donahoe. Donahoe then went on to hire Gregg Williams as his head coach. An arrogant man who was/is a very good defensive coach. Didn't work out. Then he went out and hired Mike Mularkey, one of the brightest offensive young minds in football at the time. Didn't work out. Yet, somehow that was all Ralph's fault?

I do agree that the hiring of Marv Levy was a poor choice. It was at a time where Ralph saw how much Donahoe had alienated his fan base and Ralph thought Levy might placate some of them and it was comfortable for him to hire his good friend. Many were happy with the decision, but it turned out to be a bad one because Levy tried to hire a clone of himself not realizing that Jauron wasn't as good at making some football decisions nor was he as adept at getting as good a staff as Marv had at times. But the reason it was so bad was because Marv didn't have the knack of picking talent like his GMs did when he coached. I have always felt that it doesn't take a genius of a coach to win when you have great players. Levy had great players, he just didn't know how to pick them for the most part.

Hiring Nix might be looked on as looking inside his own house, but I have to look back and see that he was with the team during some of the good years. He left with Butler and was one of the top guys in San Diego helping put that team in the playoffs year after year. He ran the college and pro department with there the last couple of years. I would like to see what he can do before I put the guy down. His first test is getting a good head coach. That might take a while before we know the results. His second test will be who he brings in as free agents and the third test will be the draft. At least with free agents, we might be able to have a little more hope as the draft probably won't be able to be evaluated for a few years. I don't much care what he does about Guy and Modrak right now. Since he is the final decision maker, whoever we get will have his name all over them.

Nighthawk
01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
I saw this coming with the hiring of Nix....Ralph should be called out on his own words about change....which hasn't come. Hiring Frazier is basically hiring Jauron back...so what's the big difference going to be next year???

Jeff1220
01-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Maybe Ralph will go after another old timer and try to get Ted Marchibroda out of retirement.

Typ0
01-16-2010, 09:46 AM

Didn't he screw him out of his salary? Fade was never paid.

SABURZFAN
01-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Maybe Ralph will go after another old timer and try to get Ted Marchibroda out of retirement.

or dig up Lou Saban.

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Didn't he screw him out of his salary? Fade was never paid.

I believe he tried but the NFL made him.

DrGraves
01-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Trade the Bills for the Raptors... so at least we'll still have one pro franchise when we lose them lol...

trapezeus
01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
they will never hit rock bottom (see my avatar courtesy of Mad Bomber)

billistic
01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
There are plenty of people in Buffalo and elsewhere that still believe that Wilson's Bills are a genuine Claude Monet painting waiting to be found at a "sofa-sized," "starving artist" promotion at a local motel.
Are the Bills a Monet original?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bkFIPLIOGL8/SCeV2xa2wCI/AAAAAAAANIc/xThSOGCIgqs/s400/elvez.png

Cntrygal
01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
:(

CoolBreeze
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I saw this coming with the hiring of Nix....Ralph should be called out on his own words about change....which hasn't come. Hiring Frazier is basically hiring Jauron back...so what's the big difference going to be next year???

How do you know Frazier= Jauron? Do you personally know Leslie Frazier? Why does this guy turn everyone off so much? He's got 2 SB rings. Must be he knows something about football and the NFL to be around since 1999. I like the fact that he learned from Jim Johnson with the Eagles. I'd take that defense anyday.