So Bills are excluded from the playoffs for a record 10 years & Brandon is promoted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

So Bills are excluded from the playoffs for a record 10 years & Brandon is promoted?

The Bills are tied with the Lions for the longest period a team has ever been excluded from the playoffs. And Brandon, the guy at the helm of this meltdown gets a promotion?

Does this create a huge "WTF?" moment for anyone else besides me? Record-setting incompetency is rewarded at One Bills Drive it seems. Going 10 years without a playoff appearance is especially disgraceful given that this is the era of parity, salary caps, et al.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: So Bills are excluded from the playoffs for a record 10 years & Brandon is promoted?

yer preachin to the choir bro :)
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Re: So Bills are excluded from the playoffs for a record 10 years & Brandon is promoted?

Boggles the mind, doesn't it? i wish i could suck at my job and get a promotion.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

The more this goes on, the more I hate Ralph and that is saying something!

Comment

• Cleve
          • Oct 2004

Poor decisions like this one (promoting Brandon) send a terrible message, IMO, to the league and the fans. Is it any wonder Buffalo isn't an attractive venue for top-quality coaches and players?

It's also why I have almost no faith that the Bills can turn things around as long as Ralph Wilson Jr remains in charge and continues to make horrible and frankly, bizarre, decisions like this.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
          per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

Theres your billboard right there !!

Can change it to

"Bills miss the playoffs a record 10 years in a row & Russ Brandon is promoted ? Come on Man !! "
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cleve
              Poor decisions like this one (promoting Brandon) send a terrible message, IMO, to the league and the fans. Is it any wonder Buffalo isn't an attractive venue for top-quality coaches and players?

top quality coaches? We can't even get nobody's to interview!

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Brandon was promoted because he sold out almost every game for 10 years even though the Bills never sniffed the playoffs.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                  shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                  • Mar 2007

He earned the promotion filling the seats with a crappy team year after year.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Brandon's done his job...he deserves the promotion.

If you want to point fingers, you might want to throw some at Butler, Donahoe and Levy.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                      • Dec 2002

There's an old saying in the Army: "**** up Move up"

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

Seriously. TO was a genus move. He's done nothing but market and sell this turd team.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Griff
                          • Jul 2008

he was promoted to a PR spot

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cleve
                            Does this create a huge "WTF?" moment for anyone else besides me?

not at all. when you put 67000+ asses in a seat for a poor product, you're doing a helluva job.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

He could probably get 67,000 people to watch me take a dump on pay-per-view.

Comment

Working...
                              X