PDA

View Full Version : Fan card for sale!.... NOT!!!!

northernbillfan
01-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I am getting sick of these folks wanting to jump ship. People who claim to be die hards their entire life who want to give up being a fan are really getting under my skin. I would like to say this gently without piss people off, but there really is no other way to say...see ya. Good riddance, don't the door hit you in the ass. Who needs fans like you?

You can't call yourselves bandwagon jumpers because we have not had a bandwagon worthy of jumping onto for many, many, many years. Why do you guys feel the need to announce your disappointment in the team and the FO this way? Are you looking for some sort of sympathy? Well you won't find it here. Try your buddies, you know who they are right? They are the same guys who have been giving you a hard time for being a Bills fan in the first place. Laughing at you every time the Bills have a major breakdown. They won't help you and they may mock you even further for not being loyal to a team.

I am a Bills fan for life, I will always be a Bills fan to the day I die.

Fan card NOT for sale...EVER!!!

M
01-16-2010, 10:37 AM
:bf1: *sits next to northernbillfan*

SabreEleven
01-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Right on...If you quit being a Bills fan, you are a pussy. It's part of being from Buffalo, you suck it up and we'll get over the rough part even if it does last 20 years.

northernbillfan
01-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Right on...If you quit being a Bills fan, you are a pussy. It's part of being from Buffalo, you suck it up and we'll get over the rough part even if it does last 20 years.I'm not even from Buffalo and I remain true to the Bills.

My first game at Buffalo was in 1987 and I fell in love with the place. It wasn't hard to since I already loved the Bills.

The last buffalo fan
01-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm not even from Buffalo and I remain true to the Bills.

:bf1:

My first game at Buffalo was in 1987 and I fell in love with the place. It wasn't hard to since I already loved the Bills.

I have yet to be in a live game or even at Buffalo, but at the time I decide to be a Buffalo Bills Fan, it was forever.

EricStratton
01-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Is there some function on the message board that will apply an automatic ban if someone starts one of the "I'm leaving" threads.

SABURZFAN
01-16-2010, 11:41 AM
i have too many years invested being a Bills fan. the ONLY way i turn my fan card in is if the Bills leave Buffalo. all the Super Bowl bandwagoneers don't know what it was like sitting through a 1-13 season. the back to back 2-14 seasons weren't pretty either. when you sit in a stadium that had 25000-30000 people in attendance, you know what the lean years were like. people like Jan Reimers, Historian, Mad Bomber, and a few others that i fail to mention know what the hell i'm talking about. they're still here. i would be more disappointed if i heard it from them than i am from some people who are known to have done so. it is well documented that i don't care for the owner of this team. never have and never will. it would be easy for me to follow in the same footsteps that some of these so called Bills have taken. but i will never disappoint, let down my fellow Bills fans, and take the easy road to be a football fan. besides, that's not my style.

:cheers: to my fellow Bills fans and may we know what it's like to achieve that goal of winning a Super Bowl before we go to our graves.

northernbillfan
01-16-2010, 11:44 AM
i have too many years invested being a Bills fan. the ONLY way i turn my fan card in is if the Bills leave Buffalo. all the Super Bowl bandwagoneers don't know what it was like sitting through a 1-13 season. the back to back 2-14 seasons weren't pretty either. when you sit in a stadium that had 25000-30000 people in attendance, you know what the lean years were like. people like Jan Reimers, Historian, Mad Bomber, and a few others that i fail to mention know what the hell i'm talking about. they're still here. i would be more disappointed if i heard it from them than i am from some people who are known to have done so. it is well documented that i don't care for the owner of this team. never have and never will. it would be easy for me to follow in the same footsteps that some of these so called Bills have taken. but i will never disappoint, let down my fellow Bills fans, and take the easy road to be a football fan. besides, that's not my style.

:cheers: to my fellow Bills fans and may we know what it's like to achieve that goal of winning a Super Bowl before we go to our graves.That post almost made me weep.

SABURZFAN
01-16-2010, 11:50 AM
That post almost made me weep.

don't go pussy on us now. :snicker:

northernbillfan
01-16-2010, 11:51 AM
don't go pussy on us now. :snicker:I said almost...

It really sums up what being a Bills fan is all about.

YardRat
01-16-2010, 11:54 AM
:rofl: at the push for a zone award.

Some of you have no shame...

SABURZFAN
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM

Some of you have no shame...

i don't need an award. i just need to let people know where i stand.

northernbillfan
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM

Some of you have no shame...Not pushing for any award, just stating my displeasure at folks who want to jump ship. It's getting ludicrous.

DynaPaul
01-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Have a cookie and a pat on the back.

Slim
01-16-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm the same way. It'll only be that much better when (if) the Bills ever get good again.

LtFinFan66
01-16-2010, 12:31 PM
I am getting sick of these folks wanting to jump ship. People who claim to be die hards their entire life who want to give up being a fan are really getting under my skin. I would like to say this gently without piss people off, but there really is no other way to say...see ya. Good riddance, don't the door hit you in the ass. Who needs fans like you?

You can't call yourselves bandwagon jumpers because we have not had a bandwagon worthy of jumping onto for many, many, many years. Why do you guys feel the need to announce your disappointment in the team and the FO this way? Are you looking for some sort of sympathy? Well you won't find it here. Try your buddies, you know who they are right? They are the same guys who have been giving you a hard time for being a Bills fan in the first place. Laughing at you every time the Bills have a major breakdown. They won't help you and they may mock you even further for not being loyal to a team.

Fan card NOT for sale...EVER!!!well said sir.....exactly how I feel about my Fins. I have told my kids that I want to be buried in a Marino jersey

ddaryl
01-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I could give a rats ass about anyone's fandom.

I'm sick and tired of being a sucker, so any one who is willing to vent their distate of this franchise gets a Kudos from me.

I want to here more *****ing and more complaining. I want to read 1000's of I'm done posts.. I personally love what is starting to happen.. Hopefully it results in a full very nasty revolt.. that would be the best thing to happen to this franchise in 15 years, and I hoenslty have no care anymore if the team stays or goes.. As long as Ralph is involved in the team I choose embrace misery

casdhf
01-16-2010, 01:00 PM
neg'd

chernobylwraiths
01-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks NBF. It is tiring watching even some usually rational people on here go berserk because they haven't named a coach yet.

I have also been around for quite a while. I watched (on TV) get his 2003 yards and felt betrayed when he was accused of murder. I remember hearing about Joe Ferguson on TV at that time being questioned about OJ and saying something to the effect of how much he felt for the people of Buffalo because they take these things so hard. I remember the back to back 2-14 seasons and they were bad, but I remember in one of them they beat the Dallas Cowboys (who have now become my most hated team ahead of the Dolphins) and that after one of those seasons they got Bruce Smith. I remember the beatdown in the Superbowl against Dallas and how Don Beebe (who I never really thought much about) became an instant hero IMO because he NEVER gave up on that fumble. I remember going to games with my dad, brother, friends, etc. for the sheer joy of watching my favorite team, even if there wasn't much of a chance of winning.

I want the Bills to win and be relevant again as much as the next guy. I now have some bit of confidence back based on the reality that at least Jauron won't be coaching the team next year. Sure, I think the Bills will probably be terrible next year, but if they make an effort to get value from some of their vets and bring in a bunch of young players that put forth the effort, I will be happier that they are going in the right direction.

I also know that a lot of the people "turning in their fan cards" and saying they will stop cheering for this team are just frustrated Bills fans like the rest of us. And like the rest of us, most of them will be watching their games every week hoping for a win, watching sportscenter hoping for some good highlights and hoping for any relevant Bills news.

Go Bills.

SpillerThrills
01-16-2010, 01:04 PM
:bf1: *sits next to northernbillfan*

I'm sitting in the same row!

trapezeus
01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
this board needs a slow clap icon....

i'm still a fan, always will be...but im just a really bitter, vocal, angry fan

hammerbillsfan
01-16-2010, 01:38 PM
awesome post :nbf:! :gobills:

Canadian'eh!
01-16-2010, 01:42 PM
sigh... How original.

Yasgur's Farm
01-16-2010, 03:01 PM

:cheers: to my fellow Bills fans and may we know what it's like to achieve that goal of winning a Super Bowl before we go to our graves.Being a Bills fan is actually a genetic change... It's actually in our DNA.
I've been a Bills fan since I was 6... 1963

Dujek
01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Excellent post NBF. Once a Bills fan, always a Bills fan.

Even from the other side of the planet.

elltrain22
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Great post!! :bow: :bow:

YardRat
01-16-2010, 05:16 PM
well said sir.....exactly how I feel about my Fins. I have told my kids that I want to be buried in a Marino jersey

That would be like a two fer one for Bills fans. Nice.

OpIv37
01-16-2010, 05:17 PM

Fan card NOT for sale...EVER!!!

You know what? I used to get all pissed off at people who jumped ship, but now I fully understand. Don't get me wrong. I'm not going anywhere.

But this organization is such a cluster****. This organization is YEARS from winning. When we hired Jauron, I went off about how it was a bad hire and in 3 or 4 years we'd be right back in the same position. I got slammed for saying it, but guess what? Here we go again.

Now, even if Nix and company get it right, we're still at least 2-3 years from being competitive. And Brandon, Guy and Modrak have survived yet another change in leadership. These guys are part of the problem, and Ralph doesn't see it.

I'm extremely passionate about the Bills so I'm not giving up, but I'd be much happier if I did. After the way Ralph has mismanaged this organization and taken advantage of the fans for so many years, I just can't blame people for jumping ship. We, as fans, care more about winning than the organization does, and that's just sad.

YardRat
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
If we're not in the playoffs next season, we will be in 2011.

Book it, Op...

shelby
01-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Great post! i can't imagine ever being anything BUT a Bills fan...it's part of how i define myself as an individual.
Even though the team sucks ass.

:chug:

YardRat
01-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Great post! i can't imagine ever being anything BUT a Bills fan...it's part of how i define myself as an individual.
Even though the team sucks ass.

:chug:

Is it the "sucks" or the "ass" part that you identify with?

Just...ummmm....curious, ya know.