PDA

View Full Version : Shouldnt billick be perfect for us?

Mitchell55
01-16-2010, 04:14 PM
-Offensive minded
-Tough coach
-3-4 D
-Superbowl expierence
-Very emotional
-80-64 overall as HC
-Gave Baltimore its 1st non losing record in history
-2nd season with them went 12-4
-Drafted Suggs, Lewis, Johnson, Scott and others
-Not afraid of drafting for skill
-Had 1 of the best LB groups in NFL history
-Already has a ed reed on the team
-Wants to be here
-In minnessota set record for most offensive points in a season and most passing TDs in team history
-Well known name

SABURZFAN
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
- too expensive

Mitchell55
01-16-2010, 04:19 PM
- too expensive

How do we know

elltrain22
01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
The reason he's not going to be here is b/c it makes too much sense, and it would make the fans happy!! We gotta stupid stuff, and tick the fans off, thats how OBD is run, just ask anyone around the league.

SABURZFAN
01-16-2010, 04:26 PM
an experience HC is going to command more money than some DC out of Minnesota. that's why that DC is the so called front runner. those are the kind of guys that The Old Fart likes to hire. not to mention that The Old Fart likes to surround himself with "yes" men. Billick is not a "yes" man.

YardRat
01-16-2010, 04:35 PM
He didn't draft Ray Lewis, we don't have our own Ed Reed, and he failed to assemble an offensive staff that could create any kind of effectiveness on the field.
He was handed the defense.
Season-wise, he failed to make the playoffs more than succeeded, was 1-3 in playoffs excluding the super bowl season, and only won two division titles.

That being said, I think he should at least be interviewed.

Thief
01-16-2010, 05:03 PM
an experience HC is going to command more money than some DC out of Minnesota. that's why that DC is the so called front runner. those are the kind of guys that The Old Fart likes to hire. not to mention that The Old Fart likes to surround himself with "yes" men. Billick is not a "yes" man.Oh, that must be why the Bills contacted Cowher.

:please:

Prov401
01-16-2010, 05:15 PM
-Offensive minded
-Tough coach
-3-4 D
-Superbowl expierence
-Very emotional
-80-64 overall as HC
-Gave Baltimore its 1st non losing record in history
-2nd season with them went 12-4
-Drafted Suggs, Lewis, Johnson, Scott and others
-Not afraid of drafting for skill
-Had 1 of the best LB groups in NFL history
-Already has a ed reed on the team
-Wants to be here
-In minnessota set record for most offensive points in a season and most passing TDs in team history
-Well known name

Offensive minded? The Ravens never had an offense while Billick was there. Tough coach? Don't let those scary Coors Light commercials fool you. The dudes a nerd. Newsome drafted those players. In my mind, Marvin Lewis wont the Superbowl in 2000, because all the Ravens had was a tremendous, and in my opinion, the best defense in NFL history.

I think getting Billick in here would be the equivelant to us signing Herm Edwards. Pass.

more cowbell
01-16-2010, 05:18 PM
out of all the garbage that this team has as their "candidates" Billick is probally the best option considering Cowher isn't going to happen

CoolBreeze
01-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Offensive minded? The Ravens never had an offense while Billick was there. Tough coach? Don't let those scary Coors Light commercials fool you. The dudes a nerd. Newsome drafted those players. In my mind, Marvin Lewis wont the Superbowl in 2000, because all the Ravens had was a tremendous, and in my opinion, the best defense in NFL history.

I think getting Billick in here would be the equivelant to us signing Herm Edwards. Pass.

Isn't it funny how Marvin Lewis and Ozzie Newsome get all the credit for the Ravens success in 2000. Not Brian Billick the HC? yet Bill Cowher gets ALL the credit for his 1 SB victory. hmmm.... Any team that wins, is a result teamwork from management, to coaches and players. Does Billick get credit for hiring Marvin Lewis? I guess he doesn't get credit being involved in drafting Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Jamal Lewis, Edgerton Hartwell, Todd Heap etc. etc.. I guess Ozzie told him to stay home. YET, Billick gets blamed for drafting Chris Redman and Kyle Boller.. If Ozzie Newsome is so great, how come he didn't give Billick the talent on offense? Oh that's right that's Billick fault. If Marvin Lewis is so great how come all but 2 of his years in Cincinnati the Bengals sucked?? Billick is needed in Buffalo, simply because he's an arrogant jerk, and he will demand everything above mediocrity, which is what this franchise thrives on.

Pinkerton Security
01-16-2010, 06:13 PM
an experience HC is going to command more money than some DC out of Minnesota. that's why that DC is the so called front runner. those are the kind of guys that The Old Fart likes to hire. not to mention that The Old Fart likes to surround himself with "yes" men. Billick is not a "yes" man.

didnt we offer Shanny 10 mill a year?

Prov401
01-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Isn't it funny how Marvin Lewis and Ozzie Newsome get all the credit for the Ravens success in 2000. Not Brian Billick the HC? yet Bill Cowher gets ALL the credit for his 1 SB victory. hmmm.... Any team that wins, is a result teamwork from management, to coaches and players. Does Billick get credit for hiring Marvin Lewis? I guess he doesn't get credit being involved in drafting Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Jamal Lewis, Edgerton Hartwell, Todd Heap etc. etc.. I guess Ozzie told him to stay home. YET, Billick gets blamed for drafting Chris Redman and Kyle Boller.. If Ozzie Newsome is so great, how come he didn't give Billick the talent on offense? Oh that's right that's Billick fault. If Marvin Lewis is so great how come all but 2 of his years in Cincinnati the Bengals sucked?? Billick is needed in Buffalo, simply because he's an arrogant jerk, and he will demand everything above mediocrity, which is what this franchise thrives on.

Comparing Cowher and Billick is uneducated. Pittsburgh has always had a solid balance offensively and defensively. BTW, Billick LOVED Boller, and probably had the biggest say in drafting him. Obviously the offensive guru that is Billick, couldn't get much out of the guy that should of went undrafted. So Newsome went out and got him Steve Mcnair. Mcnair went from winning the co-MVP award one year, to becoming a ghost is the Ravens offense. Put it this way. Billick didn't retire, he got fired. He got fired because his defense was all he had. Buffalo doesn't have a GM like Newsome. We aren't going to get Rex Ryan or Marvin Lewis to come here and run our D. Billick will be another 3 year and out for us, for sure. Bring in some new blood. I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about these guys with rings. Big f'n deal. Nobody has ever gotten it done with 2 different teams. And any, ANY coach that has ever won a Superbowl, at one point or another, had 0 NFL Head Coaching experience. Which means, one of these coordinators coming out this year, will probably find themselves in the Superbowl one day. Billick won a Superbowl a decade ago, with argueably the greatest defense in the history of the NFL. We don't have that in Buffalo.

SABURZFAN
01-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Oh, that must be why the Bills contacted Cowher.

:please:

yeah... but did they make a serious effort to land him? i highly doubt it. i didn't hear anything about The Old Fart loosening the purse strings to make Cowher think about coming here. did you?

puhleeeease........... :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
01-17-2010, 06:43 AM
didnt we offer Shanny 10 mill a year?

and supposedly a piece of the team too. do you REALLY believe that? i don't.

mayotm
01-17-2010, 07:49 AM
He didn't draft Ray Lewis, we don't have our own Ed Reed, and he failed to assemble an offensive staff that could create any kind of effectiveness on the field.
He was handed the defense.
Season-wise, he failed to make the playoffs more than succeeded, was 1-3 in playoffs excluding the super bowl season, and only won two division titles.

That being said, I think he should at least be interviewed.Maybe we do have an Ed Reed in Byrd.