PDA

View Full Version : Nix hire is proving fatal for Bills franchise

Nighthawk
01-16-2010, 06:53 PM
The Nix hiring showed that Ralph was not serious about changing how the organization is/was run. It seems that most HC candidates want nothing to do with this franchise and IF they would have hired a real GM, that might have changed. In essence, Nix is killing this team's ability to attract a HC.

Billz_fan
01-16-2010, 07:19 PM
I think you correct about a lot of things. I think though it's really Ralph that killed things. IMO Ralph has been the culprit all along and the folks around the league are looking at the hiring of Nix (who is somewhat respected as a scout) is just more proof that Ralphy doesn't have the commitment to win he claims. Inexperienced GM. He has meddled and cheaped his way into this. The turn around is gonna take money and experienced football people not Ralphs buddys.

The team is doomed until he is gone. I would love to see the fans show there displeasure by staying home on Sundays but I doubt it happens. As long as the stadium is full every week and one of the smallest market teams comes in 10th in attendance each year they aren't going to fix anything. Once next season starts the sheep will all line up outside the gates and line the old farts pockets once again. Then at the end of the day the sheep will file out with another loss under there belt. Thinking about next week and next year :laughter:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Your also forgetting the promotion Russ got. I really think Russ is the real problem here. You all might think he did a great job selling tickets and so on. But he should not have the title he has for ANY NFL team.

Billz_fan
01-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Your also forgetting the promotion Russ got. I really think Russ is the real problem here. You all might think he did a great job selling tickets and so on. But he should not have the title he has for ANY NFL team.

Not forgetting really, just lumping it in. Your correct. Russ doesn't deserve the job he has. My point is that Ralph is the problem. Guess who put Russ in those positions he does not deserve ?

mrbojanglezs
01-16-2010, 07:42 PM
i think it has more to do with russ brandon's promotion in my opinion

Pinkerton Security
01-16-2010, 07:54 PM
i dont think Nix matters that much, I think it is our past transgressions: Firing our OC right before the season, firing a respected guy like Jauron.

Also, guys like Gregg Williams who is viewed as one of the best coordinators in the league, Mularkey, who has now had success in Atlana....doesnt matter who we bring in, none of them have success.

I originally stuck up for the Bills but this is just getting ridiculous, and when Ralph's BS is starting to turn the most staunch optimists like myself, then you know its bad.

Billz_fan
01-16-2010, 08:07 PM
I think we are all correct. It's all of these things.

YardRat
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
i dont think Nix matters that much, I think it is our past transgressions: Firing our OC right before the season, firing a respected guy like Jauron.

Also, guys like Gregg Williams who is viewed as one of the best coordinators in the league, Mularkey, who has now had success in Atlana....doesnt matter who we bring in, none of them have success.

I originally stuck up for the Bills but this is just getting ridiculous, and when Ralph's BS is starting to turn the most staunch optimists like myself, then you know its bad.

There are a ton of guys out there who make excellent coordinators but fail miserably when elevated to the top job...it certainly isn't unusual to succeed as an assistant, fail as a head coach, and then return to similar success as a coordinator again with a different team.

Water seek it's own level, and many of these guys 'top out' at the coordinator level.

BertSquirtgum
01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
i think it's more the drool coming out of ralph's mouth scaring coaching candidates away.

Pinkerton Security
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
There are a ton of guys out there who make excellent coordinators but fail miserably when elevated to the top job...it certainly isn't unusual to succeed as an assistant, fail as a head coach, and then return to similar success as a coordinator again with a different team.

Water seek it's own level, and many of these guys 'top out' at the coordinator level.

This is true, but I would be willing to bet they would have done better in many other places...I really feel that even if we brought in someone proven, we wont be much until we build a dominant line that can allow a QB to do his thing...and Williams and Mularkey simply didnt have either of those things happen. Im not saying they are football gods, but i dont think they had the best chance of success here, with our QB;s and terrible line play.

CoolBreeze
01-16-2010, 09:51 PM
What don't you understand? If the guy they want is still involved in the playoffs they cannot offer hire him at this time!!!

Nighthawk
01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
What don't you understand? If the guy they want is still involved in the playoffs they cannot offer hire him at this time!!!

Clueless....

Philagape
01-17-2010, 12:22 AM
I think it goes back to Marv Levy

NOT THE DUDE...
01-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Im almost fairly certain with nixs resume he was a very good hire. the problem isnt nix, the problem is ralph wilson coupled with the fact that we have little talent on the lines and no qb, that is the problem.....

Griff
01-17-2010, 08:31 AM
I have an idea, lets wait until the offseason until we ***** about Nix.

CoolBreeze
01-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Clueless....

Now that's funny....Clueless, means you think you know something when you don't. Please for the record state your NFL experience. What jobs have you held? GM, Asst Coach? If the Buffalo Bills hired you would they be better off? Probably, because your so well known around the NFL for your judement. You may have been a more viable candidate than Buddy Nix, just prove it.

Poz's Posse
01-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Personally I think the culprits at the base of the issue are Littman for sure and possibly Overdorf also.

I think Russ is very good at what he does.......and why would he NOT want someone like a Cowher. Season ticket sales go up, easier sell regionalizing the team......makes him have more opportunity to be succesful in his job.

Obviously there are issues with Ralph.......we all know that.

I think several are fighting to have Ralph's ear......curious who will win out. Maybe the infighting is what is leading to the delay............

bills4ver
01-17-2010, 10:28 AM
what about people like Guy and Modrak? they were never replaced..... they are not a part of the problem?

bills4ver
01-17-2010, 10:28 AM
what about people like Guy and Modrak? they were never replaced..... they are not a part of the problem?

HHURRICANE
01-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I think potential coaches are smart enough to realize that the Bills will not spend the money where it counts...on the players.

Jason Peters and the way the entire o-line was handled is already coming back to bite us. If you are not willing to pay for players than you'll never win in this league.

ByrdsTheWord
01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
i think it has more to do with russ brandon's promotion in my opinion

I completely agree 100%. Ralph has already stated that Nix is overseeing the draft and bringing in young talent to this organization. The fact that Russ is handling our "business" side disturbs me and everybody else.

Griff
01-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I think potential coaches are smart enough to realize that the Bills will not spend the money where it counts...on the players.

Jason Peters and the way the entire o-line was handled is already coming back to bite us. If you are not willing to pay for players than you'll never win in this league.

you're right, paying for Dockery, Walker, Lee, Kelsay, Shobel and TO in no way shows Ralph's willingness to spend.