PDA

View Full Version : Chris Drury

elltrain22
01-16-2010, 07:03 PM
With this team looking like they are solid contenders for the Cup, moves should be made to bolster our offense. Here's an idea, don't know if ya like it, but how bout bring Drury back?? I think he's fallen asleep in NY, and w/ a change of scenary, that he's comfortable with & he's arguably played his best hockey with, its a change that could only help this team.

SpillerThrills
01-16-2010, 09:14 PM
I liked Drury, don't get me wrong, but who do you give up for him?? or who sits if you end up just giving draft picks and maybe someone from Portland?

capitolneal
01-16-2010, 09:19 PM
what does that do to the cap he has a huge contract

ct bills fan
01-16-2010, 09:59 PM
We don't need/want Chris Paycheck (What they call him around here) back. He's fading fast.

DMBcrew36
01-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Bringing Dru back would only complicate things in the locker room. Also, he doesn't look like the player he did for us two years ago. Why trade away something to get a guy who looks like a bum this year? You can't assume he is going to wake up and contribute by coming here.

Crisis
01-16-2010, 11:34 PM
his contract is maybe the worst in the NHL.

i dont think we could even fit him under the cap without sending another salary dump (lydman maybe) back the other way.

drury isn't coming back with that contract.

hydro
01-16-2010, 11:41 PM
He wasn't a big time goal scorer. So definitely not.

The Spaz
01-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Umm no. I'll say this Connolly or another center should be taking Drury's place on the USA hockey team.

SabreEleven
01-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Drury might not be a big time scorer but he does score the big goals but not for a team with not heart like the Rangers.

chernobylwraiths
01-17-2010, 07:35 AM
If the Rangers place him on waivers and then trade him, I would take him. No way can the Sabres handle that contract. I don't know exactly how it works, but I know there is some way that the Sabres take half of his salary and the Rangers take the other half (like they have done with Jagr and Avery). I just see him getting bought out at the end of the year though, and maybe Brier too.

Dozerdog
01-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I think he would be fine in the locker room

The problem is, we don't get the old Career-year Drury we had- we get half the production at twice the salary.

Rangers would do it in a heartbeat.

OpIv37
01-17-2010, 11:11 AM
I think it's too risky.

Drury has done nothing since he left Buffalo. So, he's either on the down side of his career, or he's a product of Ruff's system who can be successful in Buffalo. But there's no way to find out without absorbing his huge salary. If he gets bought out after this season and we can get him back fairly cheap, it's worth the risk, but it's not worth it at his current salary.

capitolneal
01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
I think it's too risky.

Drury has done nothing since he left Buffalo. So, he's either on the down side of his career, or he's a product of Ruff's system who can be successful in Buffalo. But there's no way to find out without absorbing his huge salary. If he gets bought out after this season and we can get him back fairly cheap, it's worth the risk, but it's not worth it at his current salary.

How much of his success can be attributed to Lindy's style of play? he was ok at colorado then great in buffalo but i think that team our team was rolling 4 lines hard to match up.. same goes for briere.... I think Ruff is a peson that gets more out of talent then just about anyone in the NHL maybe he is the Cowher of the NHL and he put those guys in a system they could excel just a thought

OpIv37
01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
How much of his success can be attributed to Lindy's style of play? he was ok at colorado then great in buffalo but i think that team our team was rolling 4 lines hard to match up.. same goes for briere.... I think Ruff is a peson that gets more out of talent then just about anyone in the NHL maybe he is the Cowher of the NHL and he put those guys in a system they could excel just a thought

Well that's exactly what I'm saying.

Right now, Drury isn't playing nearly as well as he did in Buffalo. There are two possible reasons for that: The first is that Lindy runs a system that takes advantage of his talents and makes it easier for him to be successful in Buffalo. The second is that his age has simply caught up with him.

If it's the first one, then bringing him back would make sense. If it's the second one, bringing him back would be a waste of money.

Unfortunately, there's no way to find out without taking on his huge salary and unloading someone else to make the cap space. That's why I think it's too risky.

capitolneal
01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
well said

DrGraves
01-17-2010, 12:34 PM
nope not paying him 7 mill to suck... we are already paying vanek to do that.