PDA

View Full Version : What If Ralph did a 180

Mathja
01-16-2010, 07:20 PM
What if he called a press conference and said that they've interviewed several head coaching candidates and they all had issues and concerns that he's not committed to making the necessary changes to be successful?
What if he said he realized the error in his ways and he and Nix decided Buddy would be best suited as a scout -- and he brought in someone to run the team?

Would we kill him because he would look like such a joke for flip-flopping? Or, would we applaud him for trying to quickly fix a mistake?

Many of us speculated that the hiring of Buddy Nix was about making a potential head coaching candidate more comfortable with taking the job. Maybe the Nix hire had nothing to do with what a potential coach wanted.

more cowbell
01-16-2010, 07:24 PM
the chances of that happening are -726

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen

Nighthawk
01-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen

Very true, but if it happened, I would applaud the move. At least it would show that the guy isn't completely clueless!

Mathja
01-16-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm definitely not holding my breath. I would never expect something like this to happen. I'm just thinking out loud.

If something like this went down it would all have to happen at once. The announcement of the new head coach and the re-shuffling of the front office. More than likely part of the job offer to the head coach to prove Ralph is willing to do whatever it takes to field a winner.
He couldn't demote Nix and/or Brandon -- look for someone legit from the outside and then keep his fingers crossed that it would be enough to convince some of these guys to jump on board.
Ralph has to know or has to have heard why people are saying no -- he's either too stubborn to fix it or he's powerless to fix it.

bumblin
01-16-2010, 07:39 PM
I thought the thread at first was WHAT IF RALPH DIED AT 180
eeeek

malo
01-16-2010, 07:40 PM
What if I dreamed of the winning lotto numbers?

YardRat
01-16-2010, 07:58 PM
They put a guy with a proven personnel track record in charge of the football side of the organization. I don't think it was a mistake.

For all intensive purposes, anybody complaining about this being the 'same old in house buddy system' is just wrong, IMO. We all know that Buddy was just brought back one season ago, I'm sure the rest of the league knows that also.

Now...if they had promoted Guy or Modrak to the same position you would have a legitimate *****.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
They put a guy with a proven personnel track record in charge of the football side of the organization. I don't think it was a mistake.

For all intensive purposes, anybody complaining about this being the 'same old in house buddy system' is just wrong, IMO. We all know that Buddy was just brought back one season ago, I'm sure the rest of the league knows that also.

Now...if they had promoted Guy or Modrak to the same position you would have a legitimate *****.

You don't think Russ is the deal breaker here. Think about it for a moment....Russ holds the same position as does Parcells and Holmgrem do for their teams. You don't think they (people interviewing) think that is not the right formula for winning?

Mathja
01-16-2010, 08:07 PM
We really don't know what the coaching candidates think of Buddy Nix, do we? He's a 71-year old football guy that's never before been offered the opportunity he was just offered with Buffalo.

I guess i'm really wondering if the Nix hiring is a signal to the rest of the league that nothing is changing for the better in Buffalo. Not enough important questions get asked about the Bills.

I live near NYC -- anytime there is an open NFL head coaching job it is a national story. This story gets glossed over outside of Buffalo. They devote only the amount of time they have to. I really don't think anyone cares what happens with the Buffalo Bills outside of their fans and the Buffalo media.

BigZ
01-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Not a chance in He%%

YardRat
01-16-2010, 08:44 PM
You don't think Russ is the deal breaker here. Think about it for a moment....Russ holds the same position as does Parcells and Holmgrem do for their teams. You don't think they (people interviewing) think that is not the right formula for winning?

No, I don't. Brandon is a marketing guy that no longer has to deal with the personnel/football side of the organization, and a football guy is now in place. Brandon has does an excellent job marketing the team, and will continue to do so. I don't see how anybody can view that as a negative from an organizational standpoint.

If any 'deal breaker' truly does exist, IMO it's Jeff Littman and the apparent death grip he might have on Wilson's finances.

SABURZFAN
01-17-2010, 06:36 AM
What if he called a press conference and said that they've interviewed several head coaching candidates and they all had issues and concerns that he's not committed to making the necessary changes to be successful?
What if he said he realized the error in his ways and he and Nix decided Buddy would be best suited as a scout -- and he brought in someone to run the team?

Would we kill him because he would look like such a joke for flip-flopping? Or, would we applaud him for trying to quickly fix a mistake?

Many of us speculated that the hiring of Buddy Nix was about making a potential head coaching candidate more comfortable with taking the job. Maybe the Nix hire had nothing to do with what a potential coach wanted.

The Old Fart is set in his ways. there is no chance in hell that he does a 180. as long as continues to own this team, Buffalo will be a bottom of the barrel laughingstock.

Historian
01-17-2010, 07:13 AM
For all intensive purposes,

intents and purposes

Just sayin'

:D

YardRat
01-17-2010, 07:16 AM
intents and purposes

Just sayin'

:D

:rofl:

At least I didn't use irregardless in the same post :D

Bills41
01-17-2010, 07:28 AM
You get SOS with Ralph!

Novacane
01-17-2010, 08:01 AM
I thought the thread at first was WHAT IF RALPH DIED AT 180
eeeek

:rofl: Same here. It feels like he's going to at times.

Cntrygal
01-17-2010, 08:20 AM
He probably has a sarcophagus.

Night Train
01-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Home Depot would get a call from Hell for a pallet of space heaters