PDA

View Full Version : We should have kept Perry Fewell

more cowbell
01-16-2010, 07:45 PM
With all the recent news that no one wants to coach here. In hindsight we should have just kept this guy.

He went 3 and 4 with an absolutely hilarious roster, and an even more hilarious starting quarterback. He lit a fire under an emotionless team the minute he stepped in as coach, and he did a pretty damn good job considering he was learning on the job.

Can someone explain how Leslie Frazier is a better candidate? He was a DB coach turned D coordinator. His defense is a 4-3, cover 2, and they are good but not great.

Every single thing about him is identical to Fewell. Except head coach experience. I know Perry only had 7 games, but that 7 more games than Frazier.

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2010, 07:46 PM
my only thing is that frazier has the potential to assemble a better coaching staff

more cowbell
01-16-2010, 07:48 PM
my only thing is that frazier has the potential to assemble a better coaching staff

I want to agree with you on that but whats to say Fewell wouldn't have started fresh once officially being named the coach?

BillsWin
01-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Fewell could have felt obligated to keep some of the old staff. In his mind, they helped him to that 3-4 record.

I like fresh blood. Hate a Frazier hiring, but not much is left. With Arizona losing, Grimm is looking better and better to me.

patmoran2006
01-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Fewell could have felt obligated to keep some of the old staff. In his mind, they helped him to that 3-4 record.

I like fresh blood. Hate a Frazier hiring, but not much is left. With Arizona losing, Grimm is looking better and better to me.

I dont think a lot of the old staff was the problem.

more cowbell
01-16-2010, 07:52 PM

im all for "change" and "fresh blood as well" but to me there is just no difference except a slight drop off if frazier is named coach.

Grimm on the other hand would be great, but what's to say he'll even interview?

Nighthawk
01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Fewell wasn't very good as a DC and not much better as HC...no thanks!

BertSquirtgum
01-16-2010, 09:43 PM
the old coaching staff was definitely much of the problem

YardRat
01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
If you're going to start with a clean slate, you might as well go all the way.

The team and Wilson are taking enough heat from some/many of the fans for promoting Nix to GM...I'd hate to think how many would actually jump off of a bridge or stick their head in an oven if Fewell was retained.

Bring in a new guy, whoever that may end up being, and give him a chance.

Luisito23
01-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Fewell is horrible, I'm glad he's gone.

SABURZFAN
01-17-2010, 07:34 AM
If you're going to start with a clean slate, you might as well go all the way.

i wish it were from the owner on down.

Night Train
01-17-2010, 07:39 AM
A Pox on any coach wishing to keep the Cover 2 D.