PDA

View Full Version : Watching New Orleans play yesterday made me wonder; Are the Bills in the same league?

Cleve
01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
I watched the Saints offense hammer the Cardinals yesterday, and some amazing play by Drew Brees and his receivers. Contrast that to Captain Checkdown, and Ryan BLITZ-Patrick, and the squalid rookie Bills offense.

I explained to a friend - the Saints scored twice as many points in the FIRST HALF against a Division playoff caliber opponent as the Bills averaged for the season for an ENTIRE GAME!!!

For comparison sake, it's as if the Saints are an MLB team, and the Bills are a Triple A league ball team like the Rochester Red Wings.

The Bills are so FAR from being competitive against teams like the Saints in the post-season, it's depressing.

On a positive note, it wasn't that long ago that the Saints were as bad, if not worse, than the Bills now. So maybe there is hope?

ddaryl
01-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Yes the Ain'ts were where we are now only a decade or so ago....

the team is no longer the Ain'ts ..... they are NFL studs and I am rooting for them to win it all.

realdealryan
01-17-2010, 11:18 AM
a) We were in their league, somehow, until the 4th quarter of our game vs them this year.

b) Sure, there's hope for us if we can somehow also swing a prominent Dallas coordinator and land the next Drew Brees.

YardRat
01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Nice (not really, but I'm just trying to be polite) to see some former Bills on that squad...Greer, Hargrove, Prioleau...

Oldbillsfan
01-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Well, the Bills do wear arena league uniforms.

Oldbillsfan
01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Amazing what a good GM, Coach, and Qb can do...huh?

SABURZFAN
01-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Amazing what a good GM, Coach, and Qb can do...huh?

yes

NOT THE DUDE...
01-17-2010, 11:39 AM
its the qb for the most part. its a qb driven league right now, if u have a great one, u will be in the playoffs... yes buffalo needs tackle help and de help but for the most part if we had drew brees and stayed healthy, im pretty sure we would win 10 games...

Canadian'eh!
01-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Jabari Greer played Fitz man to man (or with safety help) all game and did a great job.

WE let him leave for only slightly more money than Florence got. Greer wanted to stay.

Pat Williams still going strong in Minny. Winfield is borderline elite.
Leonhard starts at S for the Jets and does well.

SABURZFAN
01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Jabari Greer played Fitz man to man (or with safety help) all game and did a great job.

WE let him leave for only slightly more money than Florence got. Greer wanted to stay.

Pat Williams still going strong in Minny. Winfield is borderline elite.
Leonhard starts at S for the Jets and does well.

Sam Aiken had a career year in New England.

Philagape
01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
It took you until this game to wonder that??

Cleve
01-17-2010, 01:26 PM
It took you until this game to wonder that??

Wellll, to be fair to me..... I missed a big chunk of the Saints/Bills game (I think I was in my boat fishing on Lake Erie that day). And I hadn't really watched the Saints very much until yesterday.

It's one thing to see the numbers on ESPN's website. It's something else entirely to see the team in action.