Watching New Orleans play yesterday made me wonder; Are the Bills in the same league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cleve
    • Oct 2004

Watching New Orleans play yesterday made me wonder; Are the Bills in the same league?

I watched the Saints offense hammer the Cardinals yesterday, and some amazing play by Drew Brees and his receivers. Contrast that to Captain Checkdown, and Ryan BLITZ-Patrick, and the squalid rookie Bills offense.

I explained to a friend - the Saints scored twice as many points in the FIRST HALF against a Division playoff caliber opponent as the Bills averaged for the season for an ENTIRE GAME!!!

For comparison sake, it's as if the Saints are an MLB team, and the Bills are a Triple A league ball team like the Rochester Red Wings.

The Bills are so FAR from being competitive against teams like the Saints in the post-season, it's depressing.

On a positive note, it wasn't that long ago that the Saints were as bad, if not worse, than the Bills now. So maybe there is hope?
    Last edited by Cleve; 01-17-2010, 11:06 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Watching New Orleans play yesterday made me wonder; Are the Bills in the same league?

Yes the Ain'ts were where we are now only a decade or so ago....

the team is no longer the Ain'ts ..... they are NFL studs and I am rooting for them to win it all.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 01-17-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• realdealryan
      realdealrex
      • Nov 2005

Re: Watching New Orleans play yesterday made me wonder; Are the Bills in the same league?

a) We were in their league, somehow, until the 4th quarter of our game vs them this year.

b) Sure, there's hope for us if we can somehow also swing a prominent Dallas coordinator and land the next Drew Brees.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Nice (not really, but I'm just trying to be polite) to see some former Bills on that squad...Greer, Hargrove, Prioleau...
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
          shelby's big brother smilie smilie
          • Mar 2007

Well, the Bills do wear arena league uniforms.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
            shelby's big brother smilie smilie
            • Mar 2007

Amazing what a good GM, Coach, and Qb can do...huh?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oldbillsfan
              Amazing what a good GM, Coach, and Qb can do...huh?

yes
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                • Jan 2010

its the qb for the most part. its a qb driven league right now, if u have a great one, u will be in the playoffs... yes buffalo needs tackle help and de help but for the most part if we had drew brees and stayed healthy, im pretty sure we would win 10 games...

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

Jabari Greer played Fitz man to man (or with safety help) all game and did a great job.

WE let him leave for only slightly more money than Florence got. Greer wanted to stay.

Pat Williams still going strong in Minny. Winfield is borderline elite.
                  Leonhard starts at S for the Jets and does well.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                    Jabari Greer played Fitz man to man (or with safety help) all game and did a great job.

WE let him leave for only slightly more money than Florence got. Greer wanted to stay.

Pat Williams still going strong in Minny. Winfield is borderline elite.
                    Leonhard starts at S for the Jets and does well.

Sam Aiken had a career year in New England.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

It took you until this game to wonder that??
                      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Cleve
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
                        It took you until this game to wonder that??
                        Wellll, to be fair to me..... I missed a big chunk of the Saints/Bills game (I think I was in my boat fishing on Lake Erie that day). And I hadn't really watched the Saints very much until yesterday.

It's one thing to see the numbers on ESPN's website. It's something else entirely to see the team in action.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                        per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                        X