X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Sidney Rice

Sidney Rice is just a recent example of a player that developed in his third year and with good QB play.

Latest on WR Sidney Rice including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Why we should not give up on Hardy yet.
  • Billz_fan
    • Jan 2003

Re: Sidney Rice

If Brett Favre comes over here to get him the ball Hardy will be set
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Who is saying we should give up on Hardy?
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i am... hardy does not care about football at the level needed to get him over the hump.

he just wants his check. good qb, offense or not...he's not driven enough to get to the next level.

Comment

• ByrdsTheWord
          Veteran Zoner
          • Jan 2010

Ive given up on Hardy. Sidney Rice's rookie numbers are better than Hardy's career numbers. Rice has always been seen as one of their most valuable WRs. Hardy? Not even close. Enough said.
          Last edited by ByrdsTheWord; 01-17-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

This is using the exception to prove the rule. This board has an obsession with doing that.

However, it's a moot point. We won't be giving up on Hardy yet because Reed and Owens are gone. We're going to be short receivers next year no matter what, and we won't be able to afford to give up on him.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
              i am... hardy does not care about football at the level needed to get him over the hump.

he just wants his check. good qb, offense or not...he's not driven enough to get to the next level.

you know that? met him personally have you?

Funny because by pure chance before the season when i was in phoenix visiting my brother i met one of James family members and had a chance to talk to him.

didn't sound like to me that Hardy was "all about the money", he was psyched to learn the position from Terrell Owens, from what his cousin was telling me.
              Last edited by Ingtar33; 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

It would have helped if they actually let him suit up on gameday. Instead they waste time with Josh Reed taking up space. Any wonder this team sucks. We know what Reed gives you {nothing} and they won't play Hardy when the season was over anyways. Makes sense doesn't it.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

How do you know this???

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                    you know that? met him personally have you?

Funny because by pure chance before the season when i was in phoenix visiting my brother i met one of James family members and had a chance to talk to him.

didn't sound like to me that Hardy was "all about the money", he was psyched to learn the position from Terrell Owens, from what his cousin was telling me.
                    no, but from his whole modelling career and hanging out with rap stars and such, that's my take.

I'm sure he says the right thinng and wants to do well, but he doesn't want to put in the work.

He wants it easy like it has been for him in football at other levels. i'm sure he wants to do better, but i don't think he's a student of the game. i don't think he feels insulted that he rode the bench even when he was brought back.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

to be clear, that's just my impression of him. i don't know it as fact.

I was just saying that i was comfortable betting that he will be a bust and won't make a difference.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

no, but from his whole modelling career and hanging out with rap stars and such, that's my take.

I'm sure he says the right thinng and wants to do well, but he doesn't want to put in the work.

He wants it easy like it has been for him in football at other levels. i'm sure he wants to do better, but i don't think he's a student of the game. i don't think he feels insulted that he rode the bench even when he was brought back.
                        It's a good idea to make up personalities for people that you have NO freaking clue about. Gives you a lot of credibility.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• DesertFox24
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                          It's a good idea to make up personalities for people that you have NO freaking clue about. Gives you a lot of credibility.
                          This is the problem with the internet anyone can say anything and have no consequences for it.

Granted this is a message board, but the whole Pete Carroll mistress in Malibu was an internet story. Now I have no idea if it is true or not but it could have been a UCLA fan just trying to discredit the guy so recruits would sign with UCLA.

Point being this thread was talking about the long development of tall receivers, no where did I mention Rice's or Hardy's personality so why it was brought up is beyond me.

Also who cares who he hangs out with, TO said the guy was like his shadow this year so I am going to take that as a good thing because TO works harder than EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                            • Feb 2008

Hardy worked extra in his rookie year with staying after practice and working on sideline routes with Trent. He also have taken time to learn with TO

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                              !?!?!?!?!?
                              • Mar 2006

ik this guy would be good...that's why i drafted him in fantasy football

Comment

Working...
                              X