PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Rice

DesertFox24
01-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Sidney Rice is just a recent example of a player that developed in his third year and with good QB play.

http://www.nfl.com/players/sidneyrice/profile?id=RIC161100

Why we should not give up on Hardy yet.

Billz_fan
01-17-2010, 01:00 PM
If Brett Favre comes over here to get him the ball Hardy will be set :laughter:

Ingtar33
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Who is saying we should give up on Hardy?

trapezeus
01-17-2010, 01:12 PM
i am... hardy does not care about football at the level needed to get him over the hump.

he just wants his check. good qb, offense or not...he's not driven enough to get to the next level.

ByrdsTheWord
01-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Ive given up on Hardy. Sidney Rice's rookie numbers are better than Hardy's career numbers. Rice has always been seen as one of their most valuable WRs. Hardy? Not even close. Enough said.

OpIv37
01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
This is using the exception to prove the rule. This board has an obsession with doing that.

However, it's a moot point. We won't be giving up on Hardy yet because Reed and Owens are gone. We're going to be short receivers next year no matter what, and we won't be able to afford to give up on him.

Ingtar33
01-17-2010, 02:26 PM
i am... hardy does not care about football at the level needed to get him over the hump.

he just wants his check. good qb, offense or not...he's not driven enough to get to the next level.

you know that? met him personally have you?

Funny because by pure chance before the season when i was in phoenix visiting my brother i met one of James family members and had a chance to talk to him.

didn't sound like to me that Hardy was "all about the money", he was psyched to learn the position from Terrell Owens, from what his cousin was telling me.

k-oneputt
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
It would have helped if they actually let him suit up on gameday. Instead they waste time with Josh Reed taking up space. Any wonder this team sucks. We know what Reed gives you {nothing} and they won't play Hardy when the season was over anyways. Makes sense doesn't it.

DesertFox24
01-17-2010, 02:45 PM

How do you know this???

trapezeus
01-17-2010, 03:01 PM
you know that? met him personally have you?

Funny because by pure chance before the season when i was in phoenix visiting my brother i met one of James family members and had a chance to talk to him.

didn't sound like to me that Hardy was "all about the money", he was psyched to learn the position from Terrell Owens, from what his cousin was telling me.

no, but from his whole modelling career and hanging out with rap stars and such, that's my take.

I'm sure he says the right thinng and wants to do well, but he doesn't want to put in the work.

He wants it easy like it has been for him in football at other levels. i'm sure he wants to do better, but i don't think he's a student of the game. i don't think he feels insulted that he rode the bench even when he was brought back.

trapezeus
01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
to be clear, that's just my impression of him. i don't know it as fact.

I was just saying that i was comfortable betting that he will be a bust and won't make a difference.

MikeInRoch
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
no, but from his whole modelling career and hanging out with rap stars and such, that's my take.

I'm sure he says the right thinng and wants to do well, but he doesn't want to put in the work.

He wants it easy like it has been for him in football at other levels. i'm sure he wants to do better, but i don't think he's a student of the game. i don't think he feels insulted that he rode the bench even when he was brought back.

It's a good idea to make up personalities for people that you have NO freaking clue about. Gives you a lot of credibility.

DesertFox24
01-17-2010, 07:54 PM
It's a good idea to make up personalities for people that you have NO freaking clue about. Gives you a lot of credibility.

This is the problem with the internet anyone can say anything and have no consequences for it.

Granted this is a message board, but the whole Pete Carroll mistress in Malibu was an internet story. Now I have no idea if it is true or not but it could have been a UCLA fan just trying to discredit the guy so recruits would sign with UCLA.

Point being this thread was talking about the long development of tall receivers, no where did I mention Rice's or Hardy's personality so why it was brought up is beyond me.

Also who cares who he hangs out with, TO said the guy was like his shadow this year so I am going to take that as a good thing because TO works harder than EVERYONE!!!!

Mitchell55
01-17-2010, 08:49 PM

Hardy worked extra in his rookie year with staying after practice and working on sideline routes with Trent. He also have taken time to learn with TO

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2010, 09:03 PM
ik this guy would be good...that's why i drafted him in fantasy football

Dying_-2-_Live
01-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I think Hardy has tons of potentials... how long do we have to wait is the question?

Throne Logic
01-17-2010, 11:42 PM
He obviously had a difficult time returning from that injury.

Isn't it just remotely possible that he was never really fully up to speed? There are a number of potential reasons why he didn't play.

This was a lost year for him. I'm looking forward to see how he progressed through OTA's and camp - especially with better coaching.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-18-2010, 12:00 AM
to is not leaving, nobody else will take him, to is coming back....