PDA

View Full Version : Just Think How Good Buffalo Would Be

mchurchfie
01-17-2010, 01:30 PM
If they played a full three periods of hockey. Have they ever done that? I know they are are leading the division and still getting points, so I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but this is going to come back and bite them someday. If it wasn't for Miller playing out of his mind until the rest of the team finally wakes up every game this team would be in bad shape. Just saying.:idunno:

OpIv37
01-17-2010, 01:42 PM
I've been saying the part about Miller all season.

Many of us on the board have been saying the part about playing full games for at least 2 years.

To me, that's the most annoying part: not so much the problem itself, but the fact that the Sabres do nothing to fix it.

mchurchfie
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM
They just keep talking about it.

DrGraves
01-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Just think how good this team would be if we had anyone who could score a goal?!?!?! I mean i love the team effort to get it done each game but we are going to need someone to lean on down the stretch....

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2010, 08:41 AM
If they played a full three periods of hockey. Have they ever done that? I know they are are leading the division and still getting points, so I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but this is going to come back and bite them someday. If it wasn't for Miller playing out of his mind until the rest of the team finally wakes up every game this team would be in bad shape. Just saying.:idunno:
Isn't it possible that no teams play flawless 3 periods each and every game?

OpIv37
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Isn't it possible that no teams play flawless 3 periods each and every game?
it's not about being flawless- it's about putting in the effort and avoiding the really big mistakes. And it's not about doing it every single game- it's about doing it more often than not.

This team constantly fails on both accounts.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
it's not about being flawless- it's about putting in the effort and avoiding the really big mistakes. And it's not about doing it every single game- it's about doing it more often than not.

This team constantly fails on both accounts.
Pretty sure most teams fall into the same category.

Good thing we are 10 points up in the division.

OpIv37
01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Pretty sure most teams fall into the same category.

Good thing we are 10 points up in the division.

that's due to two things:
1. Ryan Miller
2. The rest of the division sucking.

If Ray Emery was our goalie, we'd be out of the playoffs already.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
This team is definitley missing something.

they'll make the playoffs, but in their current form i have very little hope they are stanley cup contenders. This team has solid regular season crap out early in the playoffs written all over it IMO.

Why this team cannot put together 60 minute games more consistently is a huge head scratcher

JD
01-18-2010, 11:50 AM
To say this team is not a cup contender is ridiculous.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 12:10 PM
To say this team is not a cup contender is ridiculous. The ****ty teams that we lose to WONT be in the playoffs.. just remember that.

well at this point if they do not make a key change / addition then I stand by my assessment that they will be out of the playoffs no later then round #2

I can just tell by what I see when I do get a chance to watch them...

MikeInRoch
01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
If Ray Emery was our goalie, we'd be out of the playoffs already.

Thankfully, that's not the case.

OpIv37
01-18-2010, 03:02 PM
To say this team is not a cup contender is ridiculous.

why do you say that? Like Thurm said, we're 10 points up in the division. We play a lot of middle-of-the-road teams. When the playoffs come, that's not going to happen. We're going to have to win 4 of 7 games against someone like Brodeur, Crosby, or Ovechkin (quite possibly 2 of the 3 depending on how the playoffs go) in order to be Cup contenders.

I've seen NOTHING from this team to suggest they have the offense to keep up with any one of those teams over the course of a 7 game series, not to mention lesser teams like Ottawa and Atlanta that always seem to give us fits as well.

OpIv37
01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Thankfully, that's not the case.

True, but the point is that right now, this team is relying too much on one player and that's not a good formula for playoff success.

Typ0
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
If that player is the goaltender and that goaltender has a great playoffs then that really helps. The Sabres are right there competing to lead the league in points right now. How you can complain about that I don't know.

OpIv37
01-18-2010, 08:56 PM
If that player is the goaltender and that goaltender has a great playoffs then that really helps. The Sabres are right there competing to lead the league in points right now. How you can complain about that I don't know.

yeah.... we were first in the league in points in 06-07 too. When the playoffs came, we struggled and eventually lost. I've seen this episode before.

Typ0
01-19-2010, 08:03 AM
yeah.... we were first in the league in points in 06-07 too. When the playoffs came, we struggled and eventually lost. I've seen this episode before.

It's hard to win it all. To me, it really comes down to sacrifice and heart at the right time and some luck. We'll just have to wait and see.

mchurchfie
01-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Once again, we took the first period off and it came back to bite us so hard we couldn't overcome it this time.

Typ0
01-20-2010, 03:58 PM
do you even consider you might be micro analyzing things to excess because you are emotionally involved? I've been watching hockey for years and one of the great things is the intensity ebbs and flows. That doesn't mean the team is taking time off.

Mitchell55
01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Yup, were the kate gosselin of hockey, always miss a period

CuseJetsFan83
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Yup, were the kate gosselin of hockey, always miss a period

stick the bills zone...... please