PDA

View Full Version : Watching Frazier on the Sideline

Buddo
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
I don't know about Singletary's 'inner rage' quote, but he looks pretty darn intense and focused to me. I like his demeanour.

Beebe's Kid
01-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't know about Singletary's 'inner rage' quote, but he looks pretty darn intense and focused to me. I like his demeanour.

I agree...that, and he is shutting down the Dallas offense, which was pretty much deemed unstoppable all week. They have been red-hot, and they are struggling mightily today.

I am changing my mind on Frazier.

Ingtar33
01-17-2010, 02:37 PM
polishing the turd.

shelby
01-17-2010, 02:39 PM
i knew this would happen.....but hey, the Vikings aren't done yet....so prepare to wait some more.

ddaryl
01-17-2010, 02:39 PM
well last time we only had a turd, so a polished one is a step up

TrEd FTW
01-17-2010, 02:46 PM
The man has called a brilliant game. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

TigerJ
01-17-2010, 02:56 PM
I think itt's fascinating that Minnesota has essentially the same scheme defensively as Buffalo. While Buffalo's defense was a fair bit stronger than Buffalo's offense, what we're seeing out of Minnesota looks very different in terms of the effect on Dallas. It goes to prove the old adage, "It's not the scheme, it's the players. If Frazier came to Buffalo and coached the Bills with the same personnel that Buffalo had last season, I will guarantee it will not look like Minnesota's defense. Buffalo needs to upgrade their front seven, and especially their front four.

Thus, this is not intended to be pro or con on naming Frazier as head coach. It is to say we don't just need a new coach, we need an overhaul.

Mahdi
01-17-2010, 02:59 PM
polishing the turd.
I agree that Frazier is a typical Bills hire but when you look at his credentials they are wayyyy more impressive than what Jauron or Mularkey brought to the table.

Frazier coached up the Eagles secondary under Jim Johnson for 4 years where he had a big hand in the success of Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent who were both PBers as well as the Sheldon Brown/Lito Sheppard tandem who were also both PBers.

Once I found out that Frazier was a Jim Johnson disciple I was more sold on him. He brings an aggressive blitz scheme and likes bigger linemen which I think is important for a team built in Buffalo. Yes, he inherited PW and KW but I think he must see the advantage to having a combination of run stoppers and pass rushers on your DL.

This guy is not Cowher but he is CERTAINLY not Jauron.

Mahdi
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
I think itt's fascinating that Minnesota has essentially the same scheme defensively as Buffalo. While Buffalo's defense was a fair bit stronger than Buffalo's offense, what we're seeing out of Minnesota looks very different in terms of the effect on Dallas. It goes to prove the old adage, "It's not the scheme, it's the players. If Frazier came to Buffalo and coached the Bills with the same personnel that Buffalo had last season, I will guarantee it will not look like Minnesota's defense. Buffalo needs to upgrade their front seven, and especially their front four.

Thus, this is not intended to be pro or con on naming Frazier as head coach. It is to say we don't just need a new coach, we need an overhaul.
They have nothing like our defensive scheme. Their DL and LBs do not function the same way our Cover 2 does.

Nighthawk
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM

Wow....and the sky is blue!

Nighthawk
01-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Let's see what that defense does against Brees and the Saints next week.

Slim
01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
They have nothing like our defensive scheme. Their DL and LBs do not function the same way our Cover 2 does.

It's pretty similar Mahdi.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Me to the guy looked intense. I just love the fact he challenged Edwards and the dude was the best player out there today. Frazier will be our coach and I just thank god he will take this job.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-17-2010, 03:40 PM
The man has called a brilliant game. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
Don't get all crazy with tangible things like evidence and proof. I want more closed minded opinions and unfounded preconceptions. 3/4 of thus board didn't know who Leslie Frazier before we interviewed him. But now they know everything about him.

I'm not saying I know everythig about him or that he is the right or wrong choice. But I love the crap that half the people are writing about him like they hang out with him or have studided and followed his career forever.

ByrdsTheWord
01-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I'll take him if he brings Pat Williams, Kevin Williams and Jared Allen with him and Schobel stays out of retirement.

ct bills fan
01-17-2010, 04:34 PM
I've been very against the hiring of Frazier, but, his play calling today was certainly impressive today. I also liked the fact that when Brookings was yelling at the Min bench after the late cheap td, Frazier was out front of everybody yelling back at him.

On a side note, Schotty's play calling has been rather *****ty today.

Nighthawk
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
I've been very against the hiring of Frazier, but, his play calling today was certainly impressive today. I also liked the fact that when Brookings was yelling at the Min bench after the late cheap td, Frazier was out front of everybody yelling back at him.

That wasn't him...

Novacane
01-17-2010, 04:35 PM
LOL. This is why we never get the good coachs. Bills fans will just accept it and justify away. Then like suckers they will fill the stadium next year. Ralph keeps feeding us turds and most keep eating them and try and convince others they taste like steak. Not this Bills fan. I've seen this movie to many times before. Frazier will fail. There is no doubt in my mind.

Night Train
01-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I liked the left hook he landed on Ali...it was awesome.

Luisito23
01-17-2010, 04:38 PM

It's been bad all season! Guy is horrible, and I'm glad he's not coming here.

baalworship
01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
If this guy can stop the Saints offense then we can talk.

ct bills fan
01-17-2010, 04:49 PM
LOL. This is why we never get the good coachs. Bills fans will just accept it and justify away. Then like suckers they will fill the stadium next year. Ralph keeps feeding us turds and most keep eating them and try and convince others they taste like steak. Not this Bills fan. I've seen this movie to many times before. Frazier will fail. There is no doubt in my mind.

damn - I got excited thinking it was him. Who was it?

Mahdi
01-17-2010, 05:08 PM
It's pretty similar Mahdi.
The cover 2 has certain philosophies regarding the DL and LBs.

The Bills rely mainly on the front 4 to get pressure on QBs and rarely blitz the LBs. Their DL is also based on penetrating gaps to stop the run and create pressure up front.

Minnesota on the other hand is the 3rd highest blitz team in the NFL, they have bigger DL that rely on winning 1 on 1 match ups to create pressure.

The defensive philosophy in the front 7 is not similar at all. The only similarity is that Minnesota runs a some Cover 2 principles in the secondary but in reality every team in the NFL does.

The reason many say that Minnesota runs cover 2 is because Frazier worked under Dungy for a bit in Indi, but his job was to coach DBs not to game plan. Frazier is a Jim Johnson guy not a Dungy guy which is why you see Minny doing all the blitzing.

tampabay25690
01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Well we should get use to because he will be on the BILLS sideline next year...

Luisito23
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't know, everyone said the same about Rex Ryan last year with the talent he had in Baltimore but look what he has done with the Jets.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-18-2010, 08:24 AM

How do you find time to post on this board with all the NFL teams knocking down your door to make decisions for them?? I can't believe this whole time we were trying to find a coach you were right here.