PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain to me...

Pinkerton Security
01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Why is it so necessary we hire a fiery coach? I have just been sitting here watching the games and cant really think of any reason other than the fact that Jauron was the opposite of fiery.

Look at a couple of the most successful coaches over the past couple years...Belichick, not exactly a raving nut on the sidelines, but motivates his players nonetheless. Tony Dungy...one of the most even keeled guys ive ever seen, yet he got the most out of his players, especially on defense.

Im not saying anything about any of our candidates, just saying that it is not a prerequisite for a coach to be a yelling fool in order for them to be successful. I hated Jauron's emotionless stare as much as anyone, but I am not willing to write off any candidates simply because they dont rant and rave like Bobby Knight on the sidelines.

Slim
01-17-2010, 02:52 PM
You mean you don't want Greg Williams 2.0 on the sidelines?

I just want a good football coach. He can be mute for all i care.

ddaryl
01-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I just want a coach who is visibly upset when it is clearly obvious his players are not giving 100%.

What I've witnessed with the Bills during Jauron is a team that needed a foot up its ass and never got it

BigZ
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I just want a coach who is visibly upset when it is clearly obvious his players are not giving 100%.

What I've witnessed with the Bills during Jauron is a team that needed a foot up its ass and never got it

Watching Wade today, I also don't want a slob who constantly looks like he's going to break down and cry!!!!

Nighthawk
01-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Why is it so necessary we hire a fiery coach? I have just been sitting here watching the games and cant really think of any reason other than the fact that Jauron was the opposite of fiery.

Look at a couple of the most successful coaches over the past couple years...Belichick, not exactly a raving nut on the sidelines, but motivates his players nonetheless. Tony Dungy...one of the most even keeled guys ive ever seen, yet he got the most out of his players, especially on defense.

Im not saying anything about any of our candidates, just saying that it is not a prerequisite for a coach to be a yelling fool in order for them to be successful. I hated Jauron's emotionless stare as much as anyone, but I am not willing to write off any candidates simply because they dont rant and rave like Bobby Knight on the sidelines.

It's not about being fiery, it's about not being a "player's coach"...that is not what this team needs...IMO.

BertSquirtgum
01-17-2010, 03:51 PM
this team needs ralph to sell it to the kelly group investors

TedMock
01-17-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think it matters either way. there are different ways to motivate and all ways have proven to be successful & failed. A coach has to be who he is. My biggest issue is accountability. I don't believe our recent coaches have held the men accountable and that's the biggest problem. So many mental errors. Any good coach will know when to turn up the heat & when to take it easy. Players need both at different times. Players should ALWAYS be held accountable, though.

TigerJ
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
When fans hate the past regime, they often express the desire for the exact opposite. Since Dick Jauron was a defensive coach whose behavior on the sideline might be described as cadaverous, ran what is perceived as a soft training camp and practices, and had relatively little head coaching experience, Joe Fan figured the ideal head coach for the Bills should come from the offensive side of the line of scrimmage, be animated in his coaching, is highly animated, runs training camp like a marine boot camp, and has ample prior experience as a head coach.