PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan...prototype

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Rex Ryan is the prototype for a GREAT NFL hc...he may not have won COY, but he is arguably the best HC in the NFL right now

We need someone like him...

Slim
01-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Ugh not the best coach in the NFL not even close. Maybe the fattest though. Jets have a TON of talent on the defensive side of the ball/ offensive line.

IMO: Sanchez could be the fall of the Jets.

Typ0
01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Ugh not the best coach in the NFL not even close. Maybe the fattest though. Jets have a TON of talent on the defensive side of the ball/ offensive line.

they are poised to be a good competitive football team. If you took manning off the colts and put him on the jets we'd be talking about how the JEST would kill the colts next week. Sanchez is a rookie for christ sakes. Even if he throws 40 INTS next week he has not been their downfall he's been part of their success.

BertSquirtgum
01-17-2010, 08:03 PM
best coach in the nfl? that line drive kick off was real frickin brilliant

Slim
01-17-2010, 08:05 PM
they are poised to be a good competitive football team. If you took manning off the colts and put him on the jets we'd be talking about how the JEST would kill the colts next week. Sanchez is a rookie for christ sakes. Even if he throws 40 INTS next week he has not been their downfall he's been part of their success.

I said "could". How has he been part of their success exactly? With his 280 yards passing in two games?! No the Jets have rode thier defense and running game all season/postseason. And Sanchez was one of the biggest reaches in the draft. He had no business being a top ten pick, let alone a top 15 pick. And he has shown me little this season to make me believe otherwise.

The Jets will be a competitive team as long as they can run the ball/play good defense. Which they will be able to do for the next few years. I just have a VERY low opinion of "The Sanchize."

Typ0
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't know how far he will go either. However, when it was very important he played well enough today to win. He executed the offense and helped put the team in a position to win. He ran a lot of nice fakes and threw some good passes. The guy is a rookie and he's not losing games for them at this point in the season which is about all you can ask for. If he plays well enough the team can win and that's what they are doing.

I said "could". How has he been part of their success exactly? With his 280 yards passing in two games?! No the Jets have rode thier defense and running game all season/postseason. And Sanchez was one of the biggest reaches in the draft. He had no business being a top ten pick, let alone a top 15 pick. And he has shown me little this season to make me believe otherwise.

The Jets will be a competitive team as long as they can run the ball/play good defense. Which they will be able to do for the next few years. I just have a VERY low opinion of "The Sanchize."

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
i'm sorry but this guy knows how to give his team the mindset that they are going to win....that's what we NEED

BleedinGreenNC
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM

He must be doing something right.

BleedinGreenNC
01-17-2010, 08:10 PM

And what has Edwards done?

Slim
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM

Edwards sucks. But I can tell you if this was Edwards was your QB and this was his 18th game. And if he was working behind your offensive line, the Jets would have won a lot more convincingly then they did today.

Typ0
01-17-2010, 08:11 PM

He watched the game today?

Slim
01-17-2010, 08:15 PM
He must be doing something right.

He's a good coach. But NOT the best coach in the NFL. So yes, hes a GREAT defensive mind, and a good/ and maybe one day great coach.

Slim
01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
I don't know how far he will go either. However, when it was very important he played well enough today to win. He executed the offense and helped put the team in a position to win. He ran a lot of nice fakes and threw some good passes. The guy is a rookie and he's not losing games for them at this point in the season which is about all you can ask for. If he plays well enough the team can win and that's what they are doing.

The defense put the Jets in a position to win. I will give Sanchez credit for not screwing that up. "He threw a few good passes"? Ya, so did Billie Joe Hobert. The Jets coaching staff does a good job not giving him the opportunity to lose a game. Look at his stats in the second half of the season! You could argue he was the worst qb in the NFL. His QB rating was like 50.

Oaf
01-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Rex Ryan is this generation's HC John Madden. Unable to keep anything under his lid.

Typ0
01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
The defense put the Jets in a position to win. I will give Sanchez credit for not screwing that up. "He threw a few good passes"? Ya, so did Billie Joe Hobert. The Jets coaching staff does a good job not giving him the opportunity to lose a game. Look at his stats in the second half of the season! You could argue he was the worst qb in the NFL. His QB rating was like 50.

I can't remember ever if a rookie lit things up in the NFL. The difference between first year and second year player at the position is light years...and guys that are rookies rarely play in championship games. Things can only get better for Sanchez. hat doesn't mean he's going to be a great player but he's shown a bit and time will tell on the rest. However, you have to accept they have a rookie QB and it's very difficult to say it's their downfall when they are headed to a championship game.

Mitchell55
01-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I hate Ryan. Hes already over Billichek on my hate list. Id hate to have him

TedMock
01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Ryan is the guy I wanted us to go after last year when I was 100% positive we'd fire Jauron. Boy was I disappointed twice that offseason. Ryan shows guts and confidence in his guys. He's exactly what you want as a leader. I was a huge fan of his when he was in Baltimore & I will grow to hate him as a Jet. That's only because he'll consistantly beat us & do so while displaying swagger. I'll hate him more out of jealousy than anything else!

Griz78
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
The best is when Ryan said "I don't care what people think" that is a real coach. I love the Bills but I wish we were the Jets right now.

BleedinGreenNC
01-17-2010, 09:41 PM
He's a good coach. But NOT the best coach in the NFL. So yes, hes a GREAT defensive mind, and a good/ and maybe one day great coach.

I never said he was the best, he is a motivator, plain and simple, the players want to win for him.

PromoTheRobot
01-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Funny. 6 weeks ago Ryan was considered a joke. Now he's a prototype?

PTR

Slim
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
I never said he was the best, he is a motivator, plain and simple, the players want to win for him.

Dude. Re-read our conversation. When you first quoted me I was responding to the "Ryan is arguably the best coach in the NFL statement. :duh:

patmoran2006
01-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I'll give him this much.

That was one hell of a vote of confidence in his offense to go for it on fourth and one in the final minute to nail that game down.

I loved that gutsy call. They dont make it SD has good field position and time to tie the game.

YardRat
01-18-2010, 12:45 AM
He should send flowers and a box of chocolates to dumb ass Turner for screwing up the KO call on his end.

It was a gutsy call on his part, and I'll give him credit for that and getting the team motivated, but I'm not ready to elevate him to the top of the class just yet.

Typ0
01-18-2010, 05:10 AM
I would have kicked it deep myself but the better chance to get the ball was an onsides kick.

Night Train
01-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Rex Ryan is the prototype for a GREAT NFL hc...he may not have won COY, but he is arguably the best HC in the NFL right now

We need someone like him...
Were you saying the same thing after Jauron beat him 16-13 in a game that set back football 50 years ?

I give him his props for the last 2 games but let's keep things in perspective.

MikeInRoch
01-18-2010, 06:40 AM
I was about to mention that game.... can't call someone the best coach in the NFL if they decide that passing the ball against Buffalo is the right plan this year instead of just shoving it down our throats.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Were you saying the same thing after Jauron beat him 16-13 in a game that set back football 50 years ?

I give him his props for the last 2 games but let's keep things in perspective.
the dude had a bunch of injuries on defense and Sanchez was blowing things up....from that point forward he took control