• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plundar
    • Mar 2006

Shefter on Frazier and McNabb

Here is the quote:

if Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier lands the Buffalo head coaching job, he would be expected to make a play for McNabb, though the quarterback would have to give his blessing to any trade, being that he has only year left on his contract and it's uncertain how he would feel about playing there. Still, Buffalo is not far from Syracuse and if Frazier were to get the Bills job, perhaps he could convince McNabb to join him.

• BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Shefter on Frazier and McNabb

I can see a Frazier-Al Saunders-McNabb group in Buffalo if Frazier is hired.

And I actually wouldn't mind this.

As much as I have been against Frazier, there is little doubt he is quickly becoming one of, if not the only candidate willing to come to Buffalo and he knows his way around a defense.

McNabb can still play and is the perfect fill in while you raise your future franchise QB.

Al Saunders knows offense, and I think it works well as a HC-OC-QB combination.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

I'd love Frazier, if it meant we got Donovan!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Frazier and McNabb would sell out games....they would sell out the season if we had an O-line

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

If it IS Frazier, Saunders and McNabb we better draft the best left tackle available.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

one season in buffalo with this line would KILL mcnabb. He would NOT survive the whole season and we'd have at least 6 games with Fitzy
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mathja
              • Feb 2009

With Frazier being so close to Dungy, I think there is a better chance that the Bills bring in Michael Vick. Dungy is now his spiritual advisor. They would hold a press conference and talk about forgiveness and redemption.
              There is now a whole year and another NFL team between Vick and his transgressions. It would make it slightly easier for Bills fans to swallow. I'm pretty sure Russ Brandon's marketing mind would be behind this too -- though i could be wrong -- perhaps that move would backfire.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mathja
                With Frazier being so close to Dungy, I think there is a better chance that the Bills bring in Michael Vick. Dungy is now his spiritual advisor. They would hold a press conference and talk about forgiveness and redemption.
                There is now a whole year and another NFL team between Vick and his transgressions. It would make it slightly easier for Bills fans to swallow. I'm pretty sure Russ Brandon's marketing mind would be behind this too -- though i could be wrong -- perhaps that move would backfire.
                Wasn't Nix part of the Buttler decision to pass on Vick for Brees and LT
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• naveed
                  • Sep 2005

McNabb would still be the bigger marketing ploy over Vick any day. McNabb always has been, and always will be, the better player.

Comment

• Mathja
                    • Feb 2009

but vick won't cost any draft picks. And Vick is Tony Dungy's pet project...hmmm, i guess pet is a bad choice of words in this instance.

anyway, Vick did carry a team on his back to the superbowl. did win a huge game in freezing cold green bay. and again, no draft picks. philly won't pay him the $5 million bonus it will cost to keep him.

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
                      • Feb 2009

I really dont think Mcnabb wants any part of playing with the Bills.. could be wrong though
                      "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• Syderick
                        • Apr 2006

but vick won't cost any draft picks. And Vick is Tony Dungy's pet project...hmmm, i guess pet is a bad choice of words in this instance.

anyway, Vick did carry a team on his back to the superbowl. did win a huge game in freezing cold green bay. and again, no draft picks. philly won't pay him the $5 million bonus it will cost to keep him.
                        He never did that.
                        3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• realdealryan
                          realdealrex
                          • Nov 2005

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

donovan is always hurt. i don't know how i would feel about it.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

I'd prefer McNabb but i wouldnt be upset with Vick. Especially with Vick being younger than McNabb, plus Vick would run for his life better behind our line than Donavon would. Most people who are against Vick are just butt hurt about the whole dog thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X