PDA

View Full Version : Shefter on Frazier and McNabb

plundar
01-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Here is the quote:

if Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier lands the Buffalo head coaching job, he would be expected to make a play for McNabb, though the quarterback would have to give his blessing to any trade, being that he has only year left on his contract and it's uncertain how he would feel about playing there. Still, Buffalo is not far from Syracuse and if Frazier were to get the Bills job, perhaps he could convince McNabb to join him.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4833890&name=schefter_adam&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4833890%26name%3dschefter_adam

BillsWin
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I can see a Frazier-Al Saunders-McNabb group in Buffalo if Frazier is hired.

And I actually wouldn't mind this.

As much as I have been against Frazier, there is little doubt he is quickly becoming one of, if not the only candidate willing to come to Buffalo and he knows his way around a defense.

McNabb can still play and is the perfect fill in while you raise your future franchise QB.

Al Saunders knows offense, and I think it works well as a HC-OC-QB combination.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd love Frazier, if it meant we got Donovan!

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Frazier and McNabb would sell out games....they would sell out the season if we had an O-line

BillsWin
01-17-2010, 09:11 PM
If it IS Frazier, Saunders and McNabb we better draft the best left tackle available.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
one season in buffalo with this line would KILL mcnabb. He would NOT survive the whole season and we'd have at least 6 games with Fitzy

Mathja
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
With Frazier being so close to Dungy, I think there is a better chance that the Bills bring in Michael Vick. Dungy is now his spiritual advisor. They would hold a press conference and talk about forgiveness and redemption.
There is now a whole year and another NFL team between Vick and his transgressions. It would make it slightly easier for Bills fans to swallow. I'm pretty sure Russ Brandon's marketing mind would be behind this too -- though i could be wrong -- perhaps that move would backfire.

justasportsfan
01-17-2010, 09:30 PM
With Frazier being so close to Dungy, I think there is a better chance that the Bills bring in Michael Vick. Dungy is now his spiritual advisor. They would hold a press conference and talk about forgiveness and redemption.
There is now a whole year and another NFL team between Vick and his transgressions. It would make it slightly easier for Bills fans to swallow. I'm pretty sure Russ Brandon's marketing mind would be behind this too -- though i could be wrong -- perhaps that move would backfire.
Wasn't Nix part of the Buttler decision to pass on Vick for Brees and LT

naveed
01-17-2010, 09:31 PM
McNabb would still be the bigger marketing ploy over Vick any day. McNabb always has been, and always will be, the better player.

Mathja
01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
but vick won't cost any draft picks. And Vick is Tony Dungy's pet project...hmmm, i guess pet is a bad choice of words in this instance.

anyway, Vick did carry a team on his back to the superbowl. did win a huge game in freezing cold green bay. and again, no draft picks. philly won't pay him the $5 million bonus it will cost to keep him.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-17-2010, 09:35 PM
I really dont think Mcnabb wants any part of playing with the Bills.. could be wrong though

Syderick
01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
but vick won't cost any draft picks. And Vick is Tony Dungy's pet project...hmmm, i guess pet is a bad choice of words in this instance.

anyway, Vick did carry a team on his back to the superbowl. did win a huge game in freezing cold green bay. and again, no draft picks. philly won't pay him the $5 million bonus it will cost to keep him.

He never did that.

realdealryan
01-17-2010, 09:38 PM
http://foreignsands.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jlp_facepalm.jpg

BertSquirtgum
01-17-2010, 09:40 PM
donovan is always hurt. i don't know how i would feel about it.

Slim
01-17-2010, 09:45 PM
I'd prefer McNabb but i wouldnt be upset with Vick. Especially with Vick being younger than McNabb, plus Vick would run for his life better behind our line than Donavon would. Most people who are against Vick are just butt hurt about the whole dog thing.

Mathja
01-17-2010, 09:46 PM
sorry guys. my bad...making stuff up in my own mind.

Slim
01-17-2010, 09:48 PM
sorry guys. my bad...making stuff up in my own mind.

No worries most people do :up:. Vick did get to the NFC championship game i believe. And he did beat the Packers in Green Bay in January.

patmoran2006
01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Syracuse?

Uhhh, ok.
McNab went to school there. He's from Chicago though?

Slim
01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Syracuse?

Uhhh, ok.
McNabb went to school there. He's from Chicago though?

Correct.

realdealryan
01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I'd prefer McNabb but i wouldnt be upset with Vick. Especially with Vick being younger than McNabb, plus Vick would run for his life better behind our line than Donavon would. Most people who are against Vick are just butt hurt about the whole dog thing.

butt hurt?

Sure, we're all being 'petty' because he's a psychopath and laughed while dogs screamed.

I know we feel desperate, but Vick is an average qb because of what's left of his athleticism and not worth $5m.

Mitchell55
01-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Thing is 1st off the fans in philly hate McNabb most of the time. 2nd, the weather isnt a factor from philly to b-lo. 3rd, Kolb is going to be a star

Slim
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
butt hurt?

Sure, we're all being 'petty' because he's a psychopath and laughed while dogs screamed.

I know we feel desperate, but Vick is an average qb because of what's left of his athleticism and not worth $5m.

Uuugh, bad use of words. This has been argued over and over again. Vick payed his dues to society. Dungy is now Vick's spiritual counselor. I've read Dungy's book and I completely believe he is capable of turning this young troubled man around. And if Vick is truely sorry and has repented, which i believe he has, then i have NO quarrels with him.

And it doesn't make him a psychopath because he killed dogs. Yes, it's disgusting and YES it wrong but i consider what Donte Stallworth did 10000000 times worse than what Vick did. BTW- I have a Rottweiler and a Pit.

Oh, and on another note. Look into greyhound racing in the US. It's just as sickening IMO and I never hear a peep about it.

Demon
01-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I know a guy who works for a club in downtown Rochester and McNabb comes to Rochester almost every year. Usually for Park Ave Fest (for those people who know Rochester, it's a summer festival). So, with McNabb going to school in Syracuse and having friends in Rochester, I doubt he would be very anti the idea of coming to play in Buffalo. Just saying.

TigerJ
01-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Donovan McNabb is a good QB. I don't know that I would rank him with the elite QBs of the league. The fact that he's 33 years old is definitely a negative. Yes, I realize Brett Favre is still playing in the league at 40 years old, and playing at a very high level, but he is definitely the exception. I would not want the Bills to give up a lot in a trade to get him, because the odds are he's not going to play all that much longer in the league. Plus he's got a year before he's a free agent and the collective bargaining agreement is about to expire.

Beebe's Kid
01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I keep seeing the mention of our line...they were decimated by injuries. If our line looked like ?LT, Levitre, Wood, Incognito, Butler...I think that would be pretty decent. Also, if we have a real coach, and some strength and conditioning, they might not be on IR come week 3.

Throne Logic
01-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm not high on McNabb. I've always found myself rooting for him. However, he always seems to be way too inconsistent. Then you factor in the injuries.

I'd pass on McNabb. Rather see what we've got already on the roster with better coaching and an NFL caliber O-Line.

Forget Vick. The Bills already have enough issues to deal with. Let us pass on that particular circus.

TrEd FTW
01-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Vick is a ****ing ******* and a horrible quarterback to boot. I'm swearing the Bills off if they bring him in.

I can't root for a person of his ilk.

more cowbell
01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
trent edwards is going to be the starting QB next season...as a matter of fact i wouldnt be suprised if all three QBs we have now are the three on the roster in 2010.

Fix the offensive line, then worry about the QB...Peyton Manning would suck behind this line ANY qb would...we have WAY worse needs than QB at the moment

plundar
01-18-2010, 01:43 AM
I think it would be a great combo. I still think its a pipe dream though.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-18-2010, 02:11 AM
anyone that says peyton manning would suck behind this oline doesnt realize how bad the colts oline actually is.... DRAFT THE QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zone
01-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Syracuse?

Uhhh, ok.
McNab went to school there. He's from Chicago though?
Well that just means he is use to playing in these dome conditions, ohh wait...

Night Train
01-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Vick is Tony Dungy's pet project...hmmm, i guess pet is a bad choice of words in this instance.
:rofl: positive rep on the way.

SABURZFAN
01-18-2010, 06:45 AM
Here is the quote:

if Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier lands the Buffalo head coaching job, he would be expected to make a play for McNabb, though the quarterback would have to give his blessing to any trade, being that he has only year left on his contract and it's uncertain how he would feel about playing there. Still, Buffalo is not far from Syracuse and if Frazier were to get the Bills job, perhaps he could convince McNabb to join him.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4833890&name=schefter_adam&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fespn%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4833890%26name%3dschefter_adam

that would be better than no HC, Edwards, and a drunk Fitz.

Don't Panic
01-18-2010, 06:46 AM
one season in buffalo with this line would KILL mcnabb. He would NOT survive the whole season and we'd have at least 6 games with Fitzy

I think we're all hoping the O LIne looks a heck of a lot better than this last year's version.... one would assume that Nix realizes this too.

Don't Panic
01-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Donovan McNabb is a good QB. I don't know that I would rank him with the elite QBs of the league. The fact that he's 33 years old is definitely a negative. Yes, I realize Brett Favre is still playing in the league at 40 years old, and playing at a very high level, but he is definitely the exception. I would not want the Bills to give up a lot in a trade to get him, because the odds are he's not going to play all that much longer in the league. Plus he's got a year before he's a free agent and the collective bargaining agreement is about to expire.

If we could get three years out of him, it would give us a chance to be competitive while grooming a young QB. That is the reasoning I would go into trading for McNabb with... the knowledge that is a big, effective band-aid that buys you time to fix the problem long-term.

Cleve
01-18-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm pretty sure Russ Brandon's marketing mind would be behind this too -- though i could be wrong -- perhaps that move would backfire.

There's a HUGE mistake right there, and one of the main reasons the Bills have been such a failure the last 11 years. We've had far too many personnel decisions based on 'marketing' to the detriment of the on field product. We've gotten one short term band aid after another to boost ticket sales, with little if any long term approach or strategy.

Dumbdon needs to stay out of the personnel selections, as he knows next to nothing about football. The only goal for drafting and personnel selections should be that of building a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team for the long term.

mayotm
01-18-2010, 07:43 AM
There's a HUGE mistake right there, and one of the main reasons the Bills have been such a failure the last 11 years. We've had far too many personnel decisions based on 'marketing' to the detriment of the on field product. We've gotten one short term band aid after another to boost ticket sales, with little if any long term approach or strategy.

Dumbdon needs to stay out of the personnel selections, as he knows next to nothing about football. The only goal for drafting and personnel selections should be that of building a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team for the long term.That "Dumbdon" label you've given Brandon is super clever. How long did it take you to come up with that gem?

msfdurango
01-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Anyone who is capable of doing the things he did to animals does have some psychological problems. He may have served his time but time didn't solve his issues. Remember that's how serial murderers begin, torturing animals

tampabay25690
01-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Do you think McNabb would want to come to Buffalo is the question..

better days
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Uuugh, bad use of words. This has been argued over and over again. Vick payed his dues to society. Dungy is now Vick's spiritual counselor. I've read Dungy's book and I completely believe he is capable of turning this young troubled man around. And if Vick is truely sorry and has repented, which i believe he has, then i have NO quarrels with him.

And it doesn't make him a psychopath because he killed dogs. Yes, it's disgusting and YES it wrong but i consider what Donte Stallworth did 10000000 times worse than what Vick did. BTW- I have a Rottweiler and a Pit.

Oh, and on another note. Look into greyhound racing in the US. It's just as sickening IMO and I never hear a peep about it.

Exactly what is sickening about greyhound racing? Greyhounds love to run & they are all in good health & excellent condition. When they can no longer race due to age or injury, they are adopted out to a good home & make excellent pets.

Griff
01-18-2010, 08:59 AM

most people don't care about he whole dog thing.

Cleve
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
That "Dumbdon" label you've given Brandon is super clever. How long did it take you to come up with that gem?
Thanks for the compliment. However, I don't think I dare take credit for it - I believe another Zoner wrote it first, and I thought it aptly described Brandon's gridiron acumen.

Inspired by the nickname for Russ Brandon, I devised LOSE-man, BLITZ-patrick and DEAD-wards to pay appropriate honor to the unparalleled savvy, pocket composure and skill of our three most recent quarterbacks. I would humbly accept the appropriate praise and honors for those 'gems' as you might phrase it.