PDA

View Full Version : Everybody please WAKE UP!!

drummernut745
01-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Not trying to be a punk, but Leslie Frazier coaching one good game does not make him a qualified HC nor someone capable of turning a franchise around. Be patient and don't tolerate anything but the best!! Ralph and Russ don't need Kool Aid drinkers. They need the season ticket count to plunge

Slim
01-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Not trying to be a punk, but Leslie Frazier coaching one good game does not make him a qualified HC nor someone capable of turning a franchise around. Be patient and don't tolerate anything but the best!! Ralph and Russ don't need Kool Aid drinkers. They need the season ticket count to plunge

He did a damn good job as the Bengals DC for two seasons. He did a GREAT job as the Colt's secondary coach. And he's done a good job with the Vikings. So, even if we forget today's game, the man still has an impressive career.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-17-2010, 09:52 PM
He did a damn good job as the Bengals DC for two seasons. He did a GREAT job as the Colt's secondary coach. And he's done a good job with the Vikings. So, even if we forget today's game, the man still has an impressive career.
Can't explain it any better than this :handball:

elltrain22
01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm gonna give Frazier a chance, and not b/c his def blasted Dallas today.

Slim
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna give Frazier a chance, and not b/c his def blasted Dallas today.

This worries me a little. Frazier will interview when his team losses or wins the SB. If the Saints make Frazier look silly next week this place is going to explode. With the Vikings secondary, the Saints might smoke em'.

Prov401
01-17-2010, 10:04 PM

Yea...He's coached more than one good game in his career.

Is he my first choice? No. But I'm a realist, and being a realist has given me the opportunity to realize (as realists do), that pipe dreams like Cowher/Marty, won't happen. So people like Frazier/Rivera are successful coordinators that we will have to settle on.

Related to Frazier: I'll listen to Tony Dungy's endorsements and recommendations over drummernut745's.

Bmax
01-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Yea...He's coached more than one good game in his career.

Is he my first choice? No. But I'm a realist, and being a realist has given me the opportunity to realize (as realists do), that pipe dreams like Cowher/Marty, won't happen. So people like Frazier/Rivera are successful coordinators that we will have to settle on.

Related to Frazier: I'll listen to Tony Dungy's endorsements and recommendations over drummernut745's.

Yeah and Mike Ditka's also...Two coaches that won Super bowls think the guy is ready !!!!

Bmax...

Demon
01-17-2010, 10:25 PM

Um, i think you need to wake up. NOBODY wants the job but him. What do you suggest?

Akhippo
01-17-2010, 11:06 PM
The way things are going lately, all we need is a rookie QB to go with Frazier and we are playoff bound.

J Fox stuck with Delhomme to the detriment of his team. A Reid wont run the ball. Shanahan at one point got the whole Browns D Line. Dungy couldnt beat the Pats even with Manning.

Even the best coaches has serious issues.

We arent going to get the quantum change. No Cowher, No "A" list GM, and no first round P Manning.

OK, Frazier is not alot of peoples first choice, but as I see it we can only go up. We could have Cam Cameron or be stuck with Jamarcus Russell.

Throne Logic
01-17-2010, 11:29 PM

Not that I have anything against Dungy, but he did endorse Vick. I am all for forgiveness. However, I would not take a Tony Dungy character reference as "all inclusive".

ByrdsTheWord
01-17-2010, 11:31 PM

BENGALS DEFENSE IN 2003.
24TH IN PASS DEFENSE? 28TH IN TOTAL DEFENSE? 25TH IN RUSH DEFENSE?

26TH IN RUSH DEFENSE, 19TH IN TOTAL DEFENSE? 13TH IN PASS DEFENSE?

Soooo...what did he do so well? Allowing the 12th most points in 2004? You need to up your standards a little. Thats not much of an improvement.

Slim
01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
BENGALS DEFENSE IN 2003.

Soooo...what did he do so well? Allowing the 12th most points in 2004? You need to up your standards a little. Thats not much of an improvement.

2003 was a bad year for the Bengals defensively. Mind you this wasn't the most talented defense. Neither was the 2004 Bengals D. But notice what happened in his second year... IMPROVEMENT. This means he started getting more out of his players. The 2004 Defense also forced an eye popping 36 turnovers. The current Bills defense has more talent than that Bengals defense did.

Why don't you mention that while he was the secondary coach for the Colt's there pass defense improved from 15th to 2nd in the year he was there? And nevermind the fact that he helped coach Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea, and Kelvin Hayden into the players there are today.

Raptor
01-17-2010, 11:57 PM
This race is over folks, whether you want it or not Frazier is the next HC of this team.

Thats what people need to wake up to.

SABURZFAN
01-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Um, i think you need to wake up. NOBODY wants the job but him. What do you suggest?

hire Ingtar. i read one of his posts saying that he would take the job. in all seriousness, can he do any worse than Jauron? i don't think so.

Cleve
01-18-2010, 06:53 AM
This race is over folks, whether you want it or not Frazier is the next HC of this team.

Thats what people need to wake up to.

If he is the coach, I hope he has the balls to tell both Wilson and Dumbdon to stay out of his business when it comes to making HC decisions.

drummernut745
01-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Sorry but I'm not gonna tolerate an improvement from poor to mediocre!!! He's coached on good teams, not been charged as the leader. Especially on a team as screwed up as ours

drummernut745
01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
And Marv Levy endorsed Dick Jauron too. So who cares what Ditka and Dungy say. Dungy was a product of a Bill Polian and Peyton Manning led team. And Ditka had the '85 Bears D. Sorry fellas I'm just not buying in and won't for a looooooonnnggg time if we hire a coordinator

Mahdi
01-18-2010, 08:16 AM
BENGALS DEFENSE IN 2003.

Frazier's most impressive stint was his first one in the NFL as the Secondary coach for Philly under Jim Johnson.

He was key in coaching up Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor to Pro Bowls as a tandem. He then coached Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard in their rookie years and they also went to PBs.

Frazier is a Jim Johnson guy, he is an aggressive blitzer and will be keen to re-build our DL with top notch players.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-18-2010, 08:19 AM

Did you even know who he was before 3 weeks ago? Im sure you are making an educated decision on this.

BuffaloBlakely14
01-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Sorry but I'm not gonna tolerate an improvement from poor to mediocre!!! He's coached on good teams, not been charged as the leader. Especially on a team as screwed up as ours

I love this theory. That he got lucky with good players, on 3 different teams. But yet for other coaches, they made the players good. I can't believe teams aren't knocking down your door to make decisions for them and their personnel departments.

drummernut745
01-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Just going on instinct really is all....not trying to cause any ****....just the personal feelings of a pissed off intense Bill's fan! :shoothead:

Gregg Williams was a great coordinator and so was Dickie J and Mike Mularkey....not trying to be subjective but.............

BuffaloBlakely14
01-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Just going on instinct really is all....not trying to cause any ****....just the personal feelings of a pissed off intense Bill's fan! :shoothead:

Gregg Williams was a great coordinator and so was Dickie J and Mike Mularkey....not trying to be subjective but.............

I respect that. But none of those guys were even close to being considered as THE coordinator. Frazier, from what it seems, since I want to make a point, none of us know what anyone really really thinks, seems to be universally respected and thought to be THE next great coach. He would bring instant respect to the organization.

drummernut745
01-18-2010, 08:59 AM
I can respect all of what you said...problem is for Ralph and Russ...most of Bill's country just isnt going to buy it.....there will be no way for them to market ANOTHER coordinator lead team that hasnt won in over 10 yrs...that's why Jim and Thurman had Cowher as every other word out of their mouth for two weeks.....they know what's up and that we are in deep :poop: