PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: The Bills will contact Jason Garrett this week

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 12:48 AM
I have talked to two separate sources in the Dallas area that tell me Buffalo is planning to contact Jason Garrett this week about interviewing for the job.

One of them went as far as to say they (the Bills) hold Garrett in "high regard".

I doubt we get Garrett though. I was at the wildcard game. I talked with members of the Dallas media that day and they all said Garrett loves Dallas and is waiting to coach the Cowboys. Money is also an issue. Garrett will cost a lot for an unproven. He is already the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL.

HopefulBillsFan
01-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Why not just wait for the man that made his team look terrible on offense today?

FRAZIER

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 01:01 AM
SPAM

Prov401
01-18-2010, 01:23 AM
I'd be pissed if we hired Garrett. I would of honestly had kept Fewell over Garrett.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 01:25 AM
SPAM

Sorry to disappoint. I don't spam the boards.

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 01:25 AM
What. His source and rumors are legit and mines not? Child please.

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 01:26 AM

Oh no? Prove it.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Oh no? Prove it.
BillsWin is a respected poster on this site take your 30 post back to BBMB

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 01:29 AM
Oh no? Prove it.

I don't have to prove anything, especially to a message board tool. My past posting speaks for itself.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-18-2010, 01:57 AM
spam bs

Beebe's Kid
01-18-2010, 02:21 AM
Maybe is BillsWin didn't give us what was really being said amongst NFL insiders, and gave us what you wanted to hear, like "Cowher in a secret bunker meeting with the ghost of Jack Kemp...it's going to happen!!"

I guess he could give us an ultra inside scoop like: "Ralph Wilson is old, and he is ruining Buffalo," or "Buddy Nix is planning to sabotage the Bills!!"

Before Cowher-mania, this was the best board around, for reasons like BillsWin, T-Long, Coach Sal, and Pat. If you feel the need to post your negative crap, there are several inferior boards where your kind can sit and argue all day. Please find your way back there.

DBrown77
01-18-2010, 06:02 AM
I have talked to two separate sources in the Dallas area that tell me Buffalo is planning to contact Jason Garrett this week about interviewing for the job.

One of them went as far as to say they (the Bills) hold Garrett in "high regard".

I doubt we get Garrett though. I was at the wildcard game. I talked with members of the Dallas media that day and they all said Garrett loves Dallas and is waiting to coach the Cowboys. Money is also an issue. Garrett will cost a lot for an unproven. He is already the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL.How does your Dallas source know what Buffalo is thinking?

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Rumor #2: Garrett will decline.

SABURZFAN
01-18-2010, 06:15 AM
i wonder if Wade Phillips gives him the heads up with what he went through while being here. that's if this rumor is true.

Night Train
01-18-2010, 06:24 AM
10,000 -1 shot

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-18-2010, 06:42 AM
BW... notice that it is the newbie posters that the cowher situation brought over from the BB.COM site that are always disrespectful to respected long timeers like you..dont give them the satisaction of a reply...

If garret even accepts an interviw i'll be surprised.. Wade is on thin ice and garret knows hes next in line

WeAreArthurMoates
01-18-2010, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't be upset with Garrett but I'd rather have Frazier.

TedMock
01-18-2010, 07:54 AM

I hate to even type this: Dude, don't respond to the white trash that keeps coming in here from crap boards. They're trying to spread their crap here and it's getting old. It's not all of the new people, but there are a number who joined this month and have made this board far less enjoyable because of downright ignorance and stupidity. Start dumping them into the ignore trash bin. It's for the best. We really need to keep the integrity of this board. The others are so bad. I'd just hate to see this one go that route.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
SPAM
you weinies really have no idea how to behave on a real forum

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
I don't have to prove anything, especially to a message board tool. My past posting speaks for itself.

You called me a message board tool? I'm truly hurt. Time to crawl into a hole and cry.

The fact that you have no proof on this shows me that your source is as legit as mine.

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't be upset with Garrett but I'd rather have Frazier.

How about none of the above?

BuffaloBlakely14
01-18-2010, 08:41 AM
You called me a message board tool? I'm truly hurt. Time to crawl into a hole and cry.

The fact that you have no proof on this shows me that your source is as legit as mine.

Please leave this board. This place was great before you guys got here.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 08:43 AM

You need to go away.

You don't come into a forum where people have established themselves as being great posters ( hence the rep number ) and belittle a forum member that the majority respect and listen to.

It takes time to establish this type of reputation, and yuo have not earned it and at the rate your going you will never earn it.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-18-2010, 08:44 AM
How about none of the above?

Ya cause he have the pick of litter. Open you eyes man and actually examine the situation.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I doubt we get Garrett though. I was at the wildcard game. I talked with members of the Dallas media that day and they all said Garrett loves Dallas and is waiting to coach the Cowboys. Money is also an issue. Garrett will cost a lot for an unproven. He is already the highest paid assistant coach in the NFL.

I've been under this oimpression for awhile. Garett is not goin gto give up the chance to be the future HC of Dallas. not with their budget and thier great new stadium, and the fact that most NFl players want to play in Dallas.

Way too many positives for him to want come ot Buffalo and enjoy none of that, and quite possibly never get another HC opportunity afterwards

buffalobillsfan95
01-18-2010, 09:06 AM
wow byrd you you are a total disgrace to are buffalo nation

Philagape
01-18-2010, 09:09 AM
SPAM

Why yes, your post is. Thanks for being honest about it :up:

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2010, 09:16 AM
I remember a good portion of the year in which the Cowboys offense struggled to do anything....dont know how id feel about him.....

elltrain22
01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info BillsWin. I'm sure the Bills are interested, and I'm sure Garrett is not interested. IMHO, I don't see what all the hype is for this guy, and personally, I'd rather have Frazier. Everyday more, I am warming up to the idea of Leslie Frazier. I think he'll be a good coach for this team.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info BillsWin. I'm sure the Bills are interested, and I'm sure Garrett is not interested. IMHO, I don't see what all the hype is for this guy, and personally, I'd rather have Frazier. Everyday more, I am warming up to the idea of Leslie Frazier. I think he'll be a good coach for this team.

I've liked Frazier for 2 years and I'm to the point where I hope they don't interview anyone else. Lets just move on with Les.

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2010, 09:52 AM

STOP CRYING.

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 09:54 AM
wow byrd you you are a total disgrace to are buffalo nation
I suggest that you go back to school and enroll yourself in some grammar classes.

ByrdsTheWord
01-18-2010, 09:56 AM
You need to go away.

You don't come into a forum where people have established themselves as being great posters ( hence the rep number ) and belittle a forum member that the majority respect and listen to.

It takes time to establish this type of reputation, and yuo have not earned it and at the rate your going you will never earn it.
It takes time establishing a reputation? Nah its called having nothing better to do.

BigZ
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
i wonder if Wade Phillips gives him the heads up with what he went through while being here. that's if this rumor is true.

Wade doesn't have to do that nor do I think he will. Garrett is his biggest threat within the Cowboys. Jones would elevate Garrett to HC in a heartbeat.

BigZ
01-18-2010, 10:09 AM

He's also probably the best we'll get.

Raptor
01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
I bet he declines

bigbub2352
01-18-2010, 10:55 AM
to me Garrett seems a little overrated, thanks for the post BillsWin,
i dont see the hype behind him?
Dallas is no powerhouse, and they had Romo, Austin, Crayton and Williams and Witten and a good Run game any OC can be effective with those weapons and a very pricey oline to boot

Just saying would u feel confortable giving a 1st time HC 6mil a yr?
cause i think that is what Garrett will request in that range....
i have my reservations

DraftBoy
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Id be happy to bring him in for an interview but as many have eluded to, Im not sure why he'd leave Dallas now.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 11:21 AM
How does your Dallas source know what Buffalo is thinking?

Actually this is a good question. They do not know what Buffalo is thinking, they know what they have heard. Either from talking to Garrett himself, or those involved in the "Garrett camp". Which could include, but not be limited to, his family, his friends, other Dallas coaches, players, his agent, members of the Dallas front office, other media members. All people who could have found out that Buffalo is interested in Garrett and that they plan on talking to him this week.

I don't know who told him this info, but it was two separate people with no contact with each other. So it must have some validity to it.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
It takes time establishing a reputation? Nah its called having nothing better to do.

well this guy is here for one reason and that is to be a dick

so on the ignore list....

I have a feeling that this character will earn himself a ban before the playoffs are over with..

what the over under on this one Fat-Tony

BertSquirtgum
01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
i would rather have frazier than garrett

buffalobillsfan95
01-18-2010, 11:32 AM

you are a wanna-bee bills fan that likes to start s*** and you should go to a dolphins forum where you belong you mother f****** :curse:

Demon
01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I would love Garrett in Buffalo. The guy is a mastermind on offense and honestly I don't care what Dallas did yesterday. The problem with Dallas is Tony Romo is not that good of a QB, yet, more times then not, Garrett puts him in position to succeed. It's what he does. He puts players in the best situation to succeed at their talent set.

His WRs are Patrick Clayton, Miles Austin, and Sam Hurd. Clayton was a 7th rounder, the other 2 undrafted. Roy Williams also who he doesnt use often. I would think Clayton and Hurd probably wouldn't make it if they left Dallas unless they went to like Indy or NO.

He also has 3 RB and can make any of them look great.

I have a hard time believing thats a coincidence.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Garrett would be an excellent choice for next HC of this team. I love his ability to take average, unknown players and turn them into very viable players in this league. When's the last time we had a coach do that?