PDA

View Full Version : Why no-one wants to coach in Buffalo...

Mike
01-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Its not the City
Its not the Fans
Its not the weather
Its not even a lack of talent
....so what is it?
People around the NFL feel that the BILLS are NOT Committed to Winning!
Worst part is that they are right!

We can not expect any coach who can get a job elsewhere to come here instead and loose, something good coaches hate or get a top coach to risk a blemish on his record ala shanny or cowher, et....

expect a second rate hire... and more of the same: loosing

G Wolly
01-18-2010, 04:20 AM
I think the real reason is that our city isn't flashy and attractive enough to attract people.

We're the 3rd poorest city in I'm not sure if it's New York or the US (Anyone confirm which?)

Our main attraction is chicken wings and the niagara falls region.

Cleveland has the same problems we do, but their city is attractive with housing the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Lebron and Shaq with the Cavs, they're marketable.

Buddo
01-18-2010, 05:44 AM
While you may well have a point, I'm becoming more of the opinion that it's as much aout the roster, as anything else. Too many gaping holes to fill quickly on offense (QB, LT at least), and too difficult a switch to be made to a 3-4 D, if that is what the preference is, of whatever candidate.

trapezeus
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
teams who use the practice squad to the extent the bills use are not serious about winning. teams that IR players who can return simply to give them an injury settlement are not interested in winning. Teams that promote from a bankrupt and pathetic score of coaches are not interested in winning.

Teams that refuse to make the adjustments to bring in a winner at the top to show the players that they are serious are not serious about winning.

That is why any self respecting person with options won't dare look at buffalo.

Buffalo could have instantly upgraded its ability to attract and keep talent by getting a real GM and real Head coach.

Now we are going to have to get some no name who will have a bunch of weak players who know that they'll always have a job on the bills because we don't ever go after better players.

This franchise is now in free fall.

Demon
01-18-2010, 05:08 PM
The reason is Ralph Wilson.

Buddy Nix told the Buffalo News he will RECOMMEND a head coach. Not NAME a coach. He will pick 2... maybe 3 of the best candidates to Ralph Wilson and HE WILL PICK the "next coach". It appears to me, Nix gave Ralph a list of Gailey and Frazier and Ralph has picked his guy.

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Everyone who works for ralph is a YES man..see what happened to Polian when he didnt say yes? no one in the current organization will tell ralph he is making a joke out of this because they will lose their job..simple..do you want to keep your job, benefits, 401k, pension, put your kids thru college etc..or piss off ole ralphie and lose it all when he aint going to listen anyhow??? think about it..