PDA

View Full Version : Dallas retains Wade Phillips

elltrain22
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
on ESPN right now. Very surprised, I thought he was gone.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-18-2010, 10:05 AM
?wouldn't it be Dallas retains Wade Phillips?
LOL, just messing. I believe he's done good enough this year to get ONE more shot honestly

Night Train
01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Phillips retains Dallas ?

Either it's the other way around or Wade is in dire need of giant laxitive.

elltrain22
01-18-2010, 10:08 AM
?wouldn't it be Dallas retains Wade Phillips?
LOL, just messing. I believe he's done good enough this year to get ONE more shot honestly

fixed, sorry. I'm an idiot

BigZ
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
fixed, sorry. I'm an idiot

No you're not....everyone makes a typing error occasionally. Now all those new posters will probably be quoting you!!!

Pinkerton Security
01-18-2010, 10:12 AM
i thought it might be 50-50...though after they got drubbed by the Vikes, i thought perhaps Jerry might make a statement and can his a**

Beebe's Kid
01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
on ESPN right now. Very surprised, I thought he was gone.

I thought he was gone, for sure. I figured with Cowher out there, and wanting to coach (except for the Bills) and Garrett waiting in the wings, I figured Jerry would give Wade a pink slip.

Mahdi
01-18-2010, 10:22 AM
This means that Garett might just jump ship and come to Buffalo if we can give him a good offer which would mean my top HC candidate may become a reality. And I mean top candidate even ahead of Cowher.

This guy will bring Buffalo an offense. Cowher is not an offensive guy.

Italian Stallion
01-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Hmm a little suprised since they got DESTROYED yesterday...but after all the fat man really does look good with Jerry pulling all the strings from above.

Dance wade. DANCE FOR YOUR MASTER.

Mahdi
01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Hmm a little suprised since they got DESTROYED yesterday...but after all the fat man really does look good with Jerry pulling all the strings from above.

Dance wade. DANCE FOR YOUR MASTER.
Players like playing for Wade and Wade has very very good defensive mind/scheme. With Garett pulling the offensive strings it's a pretty nice team they have over there and no reason to break it up.

trapezeus
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
what jerry jones believes on monday morning isn't always the same thing he thinks on Wednesday afternoon. wade's not out of the woods yet.

Mahdi
01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
what jerry jones believes on monday morning isn't always the same thing he thinks on Wednesday afternoon. wade's not out of the woods yet.
You don't tell a coach he is staying then fire him later. Jerry would lose respect around the league.

Philips is very much out of the woods assuming the reports are correct.

Cleve
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
This is astonishing news to me. Jerry Jones must be mellowing with age.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Dallas retains Wade Phillips <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->.

and Wade Phillips retains Water :jig:

Mahdi
01-18-2010, 11:03 AM
This is astonishing news to me. Jerry Jones must be mellowing with age.
I think he is getting smarter. It shows he is being patient and not panicking. His team did well this year and maybe a couple pickups in FA and a good draft can easily get them over the hump. No reason to make and drastic changes.

I think they will let go of Flozell Adams this year and sign or draft a new LT. They will also address the front 7. I think they can use a playmaking ILB and they need serious help at safety. They have never been able to resolve that position and it costs them every season.

Pat Watkins and Sensabaugh are not the answer. I would not be surprised to see the Boys draft Texas safety Earl Thomas in the first round.

Michael82
01-18-2010, 12:33 PM
If the Bills start sniffing around Jason Garrett, don't be surprised to see Jerry Jones fire Wade and promote Garrett just to keep him.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
If the Bills start sniffing around Jason Garrett, don't be surprised to see Jerry Jones fire Wade and promote Garrett just to keep him.

I could definitely see that.