PDA

View Full Version : On very unllikely move, but something worth looking out for

patmoran2006
01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
While this would be a HIGHLY unexpected move, there is a little rumbling coming out of California that AJ Smith is so pissed about how the Chargers played yesterday that Norv Turner could take the fall, and Ron Rivera would be promoted to head coach.

patmoran2006
01-18-2010, 10:53 AM
No source.. No link and that was merely a statement from a reporter who covers the Chargers, I originally contacted him to gather some facts and info about Rivera whom the Bills are rumored to be interested in as a head coach candidate.

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Just say NO to Turner. Chronic underachiever with soem EXTREMELY talented teams.

He IS a good OC however.

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM
While this would be a HIGHLY unexpected move, there is a little rumbling coming out of California that AJ Smith is so pissed about how the Chargers played yesterday that Norv Turner could take the fall, and Ron Rivera would be promoted to head coach.

It wouldn't shock me to see Norv fired; A.J. Smith fired Marty Schotty after doing pretty much the same thing 4-5 years ago.

Also, we should avoid Norv. Great offensive guy but his teams are never that good.

ddaryl
01-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Norv would be a solid OC candidate though.....

would he take a year off or would he be willing to come over if our next HC asks him to ?

DraftBoy
01-18-2010, 10:58 AM
If San Diego fires Norv and doesn't hire Rivera, they are a much bigger fish than we are in the proverbial pond.

TheBrownBear
01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
There is no way that they fire Norv. The fans may want his head, but it isn't going to happen.

Jaybird
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Just say NO to Turner. Chronic underachiever with soem EXTREMELY talented teams.

He IS a good OC however.

Exactly!!

The guy is a terrible HC, always has been and always will be.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Cowher may be interested in SD if it opened up. Good team, Great QB, Decent defense, nice weather.

patmoran2006
01-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Well, again I think it would be a major surprise.
But what a reporter following the team told me is that Smith is furious that Turner elected to try an onside kick with more than 2 minutes and a timeout left.

Jamiezzz
01-18-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't see Nix hiring Turner. When AJ and Nix butted heads, he also butted with Turner. It would be a surprise if Nix went after Turner, but with this organization you never know.

SabreEleven
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
They need to cut Kaeding.

Buddo
01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
TBH, I could see it happening. The lack of discipline by the Chargers yesterday, was pretty appalling. At least most of the stuff the Bills were getting pinged for this year, was related to rookies. The Chargers were getting vets captured for all sorts of stupid stuff.
Turner could certainly become a viable candidate as OC if it were to happen. I'm not greatly struck on him as a HC, tbh - the lack of discipline yesterday is disturbing, and I think the Bills need more discipline, but I would certainly be on board with him as OC.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Good give me Frazier as the HC and Turner as the OC.

Buddo
01-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Well, again I think it would be a major surprise.
But what a reporter following the team told me is that Smith is furious that Turner elected to try an onside kick with more than 2 minutes and a timeout left.

If that's all he's pissed about, then so long as he doesn't pull the trigger immediately, I think Turner could be safe.
Reason being, that Scifres actually put up just about the perfect jump ball - and I think they knew he was going to be able to when they called it. With the timing of it, it's probably a little in favour of kicking normally, but it isn't by much, and tbh, you don't win games by playing all the percentages exactly right. When you look at what happened subsequently, the Jets were always going to be difficult to stop from getting a couple of first downs with their running game.