PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Frazier unlikely to become Bills HC

Demon
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
He was just on SC. Said the word around the league is that Leslie Frazier is unlikely to become the next coach of the Bills.

baalworship
01-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Because he will turn us down or we will try for someone else...please elaborate.

ZacGriffi~82
01-18-2010, 12:40 PM
It was his opinion based solely on the fact that he didn't think we would wait.

Beebe's Kid
01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
I have had about enough of Schefter...for no other reason than he doesn't ever tell me what I want to hear.

JD
01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm jumping ship I can't take this anymore.

Jeff1220
01-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Didn't he say just recently that Frazier was pretty much a lock? Sportswriters change direction more than Barry Sanders.

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
That cant be right, HH is always right and he said Frazier will be our coach

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 12:43 PM
The two things I have heard the past few days about Buffalo are A. They really like Grimm and are waiting to see if he will interview before making any decisions ending in a hire (ie. Frazier) and B. They like Garrett and are going to contact him this week.

I wonder why Frazier is "unlikely" to become the next head coach however, as he is the only option we have interviewed already.

hmmmm....

Michael82
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Sounds like Schefter is throwing more **** at the wall again and hoping it sticks. :rofl:

Oaf
01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Please no Grimm.. I will be off the bandwagon to start (and honestly, what's the chances anyone gets on when the season starts)?

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Sounds like Schefter is throwing more **** at the wall again and hoping it sticks. :rofl:

Ummm, hasn't everything he's said been true?

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Schefter says things we don't like so he must be ful of it, even though he may be the most respected source for NFL news everywhere else.

But what next?

Bills can't get anyone to coach team. hire someone named Mikey.

Beebe's Kid
01-18-2010, 12:55 PM
The two things I have heard the past few days about Buffalo are A. They really like Grimm and are waiting to see if he will interview before making any decisions ending in a hire (ie. Frazier) and B. They like Garrett and are going to contact him this week.

I wonder why Frazier is "unlikely" to become the next head coach however, as he is the only option we have interviewed already.

hmmmm....

B-Dubs, as a man who obviously is head and shoulders above most of us in terms being "in the know," let ask this question: We, as fans, are anxious to find out our next coach. The Bills have to be, at least a little, anxious to start putting together an off-season plan. If Frazier is our guy, but we can't negotiate with him, due to his team's success, do you feel we would wait for him, or make a hire from an available candidate to get the ball rolling? Also, if we want Frazier, and are willing to wait, how realistic is it that a deal is worked out, a handshake deal if you will, with the official deal waiting until after the Vikings are eliminated?

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 12:55 PM
It was my impression that this was NOT inside info, but was merely Schefter's opinion that we wouldn't wait for Frazier to become available.

WeAreArthurMoates
01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry not buying it. This is his opinion cause he said we won't wait around. Grimm will not interview and Leslie will be the guy next week.

Michael82
01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
It was my impression that this was NOT inside info, but was merely Schefter's opinion that we wouldn't wait for Frazier to become available.
Exactly! He doesn't have any real info with the Bills...it's just a lot of guessing.

Ed
01-18-2010, 01:03 PM
If that's the "word around the league" then it sounds like Schefter is just reporting a general opinion of others. I doubt any of those people are connected to the Bills either, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it yet.

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Most years it's a terrible idea to wait for "your" coach to finish his postseason run to hire him because the level of competition for assistant coaches is extremely high and thus teams might not wait for the hot coordinator.

However, this year is NOT a typical year because we're the only open job and few coaches are moving around right now. I think if we're convinced Frazier is our guy, there's no harm in waiting.

Novacane
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
They have no choice but to wait if no one else will take the job.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 01:18 PM
B-Dubs, as a man who obviously is head and shoulders above most of us in terms being "in the know," let ask this question: We, as fans, are anxious to find out our next coach. The Bills have to be, at least a little, anxious to start putting together an off-season plan. If Frazier is our guy, but we can't negotiate with him, due to his team's success, do you feel we would wait for him, or make a hire from an available candidate to get the ball rolling? Also, if we want Frazier, and are willing to wait, how realistic is it that a deal is worked out, a handshake deal if you will, with the official deal waiting until after the Vikings are eliminated?

I say nothing will be final until they see about interviewing Grimm and Garrett. If those two aren't interested they will probably pump the brakes and wait it out for Frazier.

Having options is not a bad thing, and even if the Bills are in love with Frazier, they can still pursue other coaches. Because that is what the Bills have not had the luxury of having throughout this entire process, options.

I doubt a handshake deal is in place. If it was they wouldn't reportedly have offered Harbaugh the job, or reportedly want to talk to Garrett or Grimm.

IMO they like Frazier and wouldn't mind him as their coach, but want to make sure they aren't missing out on someone else who may be a better fit. Like an offensive minded guy.

YardRat
01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I still think the 'Harbaugh was offered the job' is a line of ****.

They are conducting a thorough search, and part of that may be due to Minnesota's playoff run. If the Vikes had lost, they may very well have named Frazier tomorrow. The Vikes won, so what the hell...might as well make a couple more phone calls and possibly get a couple of more interviews in this week instead of sitting around with a thumb up their ass.

Maybe they really are searching still for somebody that actually wants the job. Maybe Frazier really is their guy already, and they're just going through the motions to keep everybody on their toes. Hell, even if they're trying to bring Grimm and Garrett in just to show to them 'Look...we're not as bad off as some have led you to believe' and trying to do a little PR/perception damage control I'd be OK with that.

Buddo
01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
I wonder if they might have told Frazier that he would be on their 'short list' for the job, irrespective of other interviews, after they interviewed him. I realise that there is a 'short list' of one atm, but at the time, it could reasonably have been assumed that there would be quite a few more interviews.
Frazier must also know that he got the interview on his own merits, as the Rooney Rule' had already been satisfied by having Fewell interview.

T-Long
01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I doubt a handshake deal is in place. If it was they wouldn't reportedly have offered Harbaugh the job, or reportedly want to talk to Garrett or Grimm.
They absolutely had a handshake deal in place....no matter what you believe. The source who told me that is 100% sure that it indeed happened. If the Vikings had lost on Sunday, he was for sure going to be the next head coach. The news about Harbaugh was not confirmed by anybody else throughout the league, so take that with a grain of salt, or listen to what Belichek had to say about Casserly.

DBrown77
01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
He was just on SC. Said the word around the league is that Leslie Frazier is unlikely to become the next coach of the Bills. Thats cause Cowhers back in the mix!

:drool2:

Michael82
01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
They absolutely had a handshake deal in place....no matter what you believe. The source who told me that is 100% sure that it indeed happened. If the Vikings had lost on Sunday, he was for sure going to be the next head coach. The news about Harbaugh was not confirmed by anybody else throughout the league, so take that with a grain of salt, or listen to what Belichek had to say about Casserly.

If they really have a handshake deal, then we better hope the team doesn't get scared about waiting too long. Wait for him, and hire him after the Saints win next Monday. :up:

YardRat
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM

If that is the case, one would assume that the 'handshake deal' is still in place then...Regardless of anybody's opinions regarding the FO at OBD, I can't see them backing out on something like that.

T-Long
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Pat is right when he stated it will def. come into focus this week...if we don't hire a coach by the end of the week, it will be Fraizer after they probably lose to the Saints. If the Vikes win, I think they won't wait an additional two weeks. There is too much to do in this organization then continue to hold out and wait.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM

Sorry T-Long, I forgot about your source.

I trust you too.

Wow, this whole coaching thing is a mess!

Bmax
01-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Chan Gailey !!!!! Rumor- Yikes .....

I will be a UB season ticket holder ....and never set foot in the Ralph again...

Bmax

T-Long
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
If that is the case, one would assume that the 'handshake deal' is still in place then...Regardless of anybody's opinions regarding the FO at OBD, I can't see them backing out on something like that.
A handshake is exactly what it is, it's un-official. Can things change? Absolutely. Could they hire another coach with Frazier still in the playoffs? Absolutely. But, I stand firmly behind the fact that the handshake deal was in place and is still in place unless another candidate tops Frazier's interview and tells the FO that he wants to sign immediately and start now...that's the only thing I can see happening where Frazier may not be the coach. His success now is disabling him from this job...but I bet in his mind he doesn't care much about that...considering they are 4 quarters away from a Super Bowl berth.

Novacane
01-18-2010, 01:42 PM

And a handshake deal with Frazier has not been confirmed by anyone else throughout the league. Just sayin.

k-oneputt
01-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Who cares. Frazier acts like he has actually done something. He has the best d-line in football and now he is the hot coach. I hope he doesn't take the job.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2010, 01:58 PM
That cant be right, HH is always right and he said Frazier will be our coach

I said it was his job if he wanted it.

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I said it was his job if he wanted it.

and the back pedaling begins

FlyingDutchman
01-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Does this look familiar HH?

"Frazier is going to be the coach. You can bank on it. And Ralph can thank all of you for the support.

Just like "Peters didn't want to be here" now we have "nobody was committed to coaching the Bills".

Another sell out season on it's way as soon as we sign Vick."

BertSquirtgum
01-18-2010, 03:18 PM
all that comes out of schefters mouth is blah blah blah. nothing ever comes to pass

Demon
01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Guys, Schefter said LEAGUE SOURCES. LOL

Frazier is a goner. In the Gailey article, Buffalo News pretty much confirms it.

Philagape
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

:::

But seriously, it's ironic that Frazier's defense having a great game would take him out of contention for the Bills. But maybe not so ironic for the Bills.

Michael82
01-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

:::

But seriously, it's ironic that Frazier's defense having a great game would take him out of contention for the Bills. But maybe not so ironic for the Bills.

And it's ironic that the Bills are going to hire an average Jauron type coach right away, instead of waiting for a young, up and coming coordinator that wants to be here. :ill:

Philagape
01-18-2010, 04:58 PM
And it's ironic that the Bills are going to hire an average Jauron type coach right away, instead of waiting for a young, up and coming coordinator that wants to be here. :ill:

Gailey's not a career loser like Dick. Quite the opposite.