PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Gailey's Staff

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
1st off let me say this certainly isn't a bad hire...it's much better than the Jauron hire...this guy is a proven winner, he made the playoffs ever season as the Cowboys HC although he didn't win a game once getting there, but then again when was the last time we made the playoffs?? He also brought GT to a bowl game each year he was there

Not a big splash, but not a horrible hire either

Anyway back to the staff...

As DC I see Dave Campo coming in...after the horrible showing of Dallas' secondary I'm sure they'd gladly let him go and I must say I wouldn't be disappointed with this hire because he certainly has developed some players in that secondary into great players

after this i struggle to make predictions...thoughts??

THATHURMANATOR
01-18-2010, 04:09 PM
It is a Complete **** hire.

He is a failure.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
It is a Complete **** hire.

He is a failure.
how is he a failure Thurm...he's been fairly successful actually and I can't see why he hasn't gotten more opportunities...i see him as the equivalent of Wade Phillips before he got hired in Dallas...good coordinator, did a solid job as HC, but wasn't given much of a chance to build upon his success

ejsmith
01-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Really? Are you serious?!? You do realize he inherited a really good team and made them mediocre, right? And his college record doesn't seem that impressive to me either.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Really? Are you serious?!? You do realize he inherited a really good team and made them mediocre, right? And his college record doesn't seem that impressive to me either.
6-10 is a good team??

Michael82
01-18-2010, 04:31 PM
HORRIBLE HIRE! I don't give a **** who this ******* hires! I want to see him get chased away by the backlash of the fans before the press conference.

T-Long
01-18-2010, 04:32 PM
HORRIBLE HIRE! I don't give a **** who this ******* hires! I want to see him get chased away by the backlash of the fans before the press conference.
Mikey come on buddy, take a breath and settle down. All of us were spoiled with the thoughts of a big name, and they ALL TURNED US DOWN. Accept it.

Gailey is an experience HC and OC and we CLEARLY could have done worse than him. I'm confident you will warm up to the idea eventually...

T-Long
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
As for coordinators, could we see Saunders as OC? I think he was just with the Chiefs. Could also see Campo and/or anyone from his Dallas days...

BILLSROCK1212
Mikey come on buddy, take a breath and settle down. All of us were spoiled with the thoughts of a big name, and they ALL TURNED US DOWN. Accept it.

Gailey is an experience HC and OC and we CLEARLY could have done worse than him. I'm confident you will warm up to the idea eventually...
T-Long...who do you see as potential candidates for our staff under Gailey?? I think what we have to do is look back to his Pittsburgh and Dallas days to find the answers

Mathja
back to the thread.....any ideas on coaches for a staff? any ideas on a defensive style?
Hell, the guy is an offensive guy and i don't even know what kind of offense he likes to run.
He was a hot commodity -- 15 years ago!!!

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 04:36 PM
back to the thread.....any ideas on coaches for a staff? any ideas on a defensive style?
Hell, the guy is an offensive guy and i don't even know what kind of offense he likes to run.
He was a hot commodity -- 15 years ago!!!
run-first supposedly, which I like...it means he'll build up this O-line....i originally said we may have to look back to his Dallas and Pitt days, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone who worked under Shanny come in

ejsmith
01-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Aikman, Emmitt, Irving, Deion, Johnston, Woodson, Lett... how many pro bowlers do you want? These guys already knew how to win... he didn't teach them ****.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Aikman, Emmitt, Irving, Deion, Johnston, Woodson, Lett... how many pro bowlers do you want? These guys already knew how to win... he didn't teach them ****.
they were on the downside at this point....he had to get whatever they had left out of them

direbills
01-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Who cares! This team sucks and I am done with them.

ejsmith
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm embarrassed, humiliated, frustrated, pissed and sad... I'm about to lose my mind and go postal... I don't need this ****.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
actually Herman Edwards may be a more likely selection for DC

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Service

Q: I have a complaint. Who do I talk to?
A: If you have a complaint you can contact the Guest Service Department at 1-877-BB-TICKS or e-mail guestservices@bills.nfl.net (guestservices@bills.nfl.net).

TheBrownBear
01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe Paul Hackett or Joe Pendry for OC? Probably some geezer like that who will fit in with the current climate. A Campo hire at DC wouldn't surprise me one bit.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Maybe Paul Hackett or Joe Pendry for OC? Probably some geezer like that who will fit in with the current climate. A Campo hire at DC wouldn't surprise me one bit.
i would dislike Hackett big time based on what i saw from him in NY, but it sounds realistic

YardRat
01-18-2010, 05:59 PM
actually Herman Edwards may be a more likely selection for DC

Funny you mention that...his name popped into my head as I was on the road to pick up one of my kids. Unfortunately, though, he's never been a coordinator of any kind.

YardRat
01-18-2010, 06:02 PM

Pendry didn't stay too long the last time he was here.

Coincidentally, though, he was here the same time Nix was.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Funny you mention that...his name popped into my head as I was on the road to pick up one of my kids. Unfortunately, though, he's never been a coordinator of any kind.
true, I just think that since he hired Gailey in KC in would make sense...but that would mean we stick to Cover 2 most likely

TheBrownBear
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Pendry didn't stay too long the last time he was here.

Coincidentally, though, he was here the same time Nix was.

Pendry is currently the o-line coach at Alabama. He's considered a run-first guy and an offensive line wizard of some sort. His offenses were mediocre in Buffalo, but he never really had a reliable running back. I'm not advocating a Pendry hire in any way, just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

SeatownBillsFan21
01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Mike Nolan is Not a long shot it would be a very nice pair IMO

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2008/01/chan-gailey-to.html

mark1126
01-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Haley said that making himself offensive coordinator while still finding his way as a head coach was the most difficult decision he's faced. He was offensive coordinator the past two years at Arizona.

"I think the world of Chan as a coach, have the greatest amount of respect for him as a coach, as a person," said Haley. "But ultimately, the fate of this team, the accountability, falls to me."

The Chiefs are 0-3 in the preseason and have scored only two offensive touchdowns. The injury to Cassel on Saturday raises even more questions about how ready the Chiefs -- who were 2-14 last year -- will be for their season opener.

"After going through three preseason games and a lot of OTAs and a lot of practices in training camp, it became more apparent to me that I had to be more involved," Haley said.

He also will serve as quarterbacks coach.

In a statement released by the team, Gailey said he respected Haley's decision.

<!-- / message -->