PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher on Chan Gailey

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 05:32 PM
“Of all the coordinators that I’ve had work for me, Chan Gailey was, if not the best, one of the best, and as resourceful an offensive mind that I’ve been around,” former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher said of Gailey. “Moreover, his teaching skills are second to none.”

LINK (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/16/kansas_city_names_chan_gailey_offensive_coordinator/)

T-Long
01-18-2010, 05:33 PM
You beat me to it...was just about to post this. Let's see what people say now...

MikeInRoch
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
We'll say "That's nice. Can he please be an offensive coordinator again for you, this time in Buffalo??"

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Suck my **** Cowher.

---------------------------------------

Edited for TOS violation

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
well than I wondered what Todd Haley says.. and the Athletic Director at Georgia Tech and Jerry Jones who all fired the Chan..?

T-Long
01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
well than I wondered what Todd Haley says.. and the Athletic Director at Georgia Tech and Jerry Jones who all fired the Chan..?
Look at ALL the coaches in the league, they have ALL been fired from somebody somewhere at some point.

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Look at ALL the coaches in the league, they have ALL been fired from somebody somewhere at some point.

And who fired Cowher?

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I saw this article earlier and I'm still firmly not on the Chan Gailey bandwagon. His success in the mid-90s with the Steelers is almost offset by his failings or mediocrity at GT and KC.

He had a Dallas team with a significant number of Pro Bowlers (yes I know they were old) and was mediocre and even lost to Jake Plummer in the playoffs.

He may turn out decent and he's probably an upgrade over Jauron, but it's a very uninspired pick and it smells of more mediocrity. There's a reason he's bounced around all over and got fired in KC prior to the season.

Demon
01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
From Thurman Thomas twitter -

thurmanthomas (http://twitter.com/thurmanthomas) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
It's there call, Chan is no nonsense type if guy, who holds players accountable for there actions. He will call out players. He was OC(cont)

Demon
01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
thurmanthomas (http://twitter.com/thurmanthomas) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
When I was with Miami. Calls out players in meetings, they take test on assignments, and practices hard.Thats all I know

YardRat
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
I'd feel better if he was brought in as an OC, but will have to settle for a wait-and-see on how he does as a HC for us.

rcd333
01-18-2010, 05:42 PM
This is what we all get for keeping our hopes up for cowher. anybody else is a severe disappointment

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Cowher was promoted from the Browns to the Chiefs to the Steelers and then stepped down after winning the super bowl..he was never fired, only promoted..

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
And cowher played linebacker and coached special teams, linebackers, and was DC, so his opinion of offensive brillance is suspect...

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Lombardi
Landry...

never fired.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for posting that tweet Demon. I was wondering if Chan was an emotionless tool a "player's coach". But it appears he is no nonsense which is what these young players need after Jauron. Still not sold at all on this guy. But seems like he can bring in some good assistants.

Thurmal
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Why not just bring back Jauron at this point? This is actually comical now.

Bagwell358
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
**** Bill Cowher.....

The Rooney's told Bill Cowher to get ****ed when he recommended Gailey to be his successor. Then won a Super Bowl with the right hire Mike Tomlin. Meanwhile, Gailey got fired from two jobs.

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Re: Bill Cowher on Chan Gailey <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/bzstyle2/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=3122345) <!-- End Post Thank You Hack -->

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->**** Bill Cowher.....

The Rooney's told Bill Cowher to get ****ed when he recommended Gailey to be his successor. Then won a Super Bowl with the right hire Mike Tomlin. Meanwhile, Gailey got fired from two jobs.

THANK YOU!!!!!
<!-- / message -->

Canadian'eh!
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
**** Bill Cowher.....

Here's who Bill Cowher should have been recommending: BILL ****ING COWHER

mark1126
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Service

Q: I have a complaint. Who do I talk to?
A: If you have a complaint you can contact the Guest Service Department at 1-877-BB-TICKS or e-mail guestservices@bills.nfl.net (guestservices@bills.nfl.net).

SpillerThrills
01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
some people are just looking for something to ***** about. if he is the guy that's hired as HC then so be it, it's not like we can change it or that *****ing about it on here is gonna change anything. the guy brings a tradition of winning, something we haven't done in a long time. he seems to hold his players accountable for their actions and makes sure they know what their job is. people are gonna *****, unless Cowher was hired, and it doesn't look like that's happening.

malo
01-18-2010, 05:54 PM
We're polishing a major turd.

Demon
01-18-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks for posting that tweet Demon. I was wondering if Chan was an emotionless tool a "player's coach". But it appears he is no nonsense which is what these young players need after Jauron. Still not sold at all on this guy. But seems like he can bring in some good assistants.

That's the bottom line. It would have been what made or killed Garrett and Frazier too. Gailey needs to come up with a good list of coaches. A good DC, a OC, OL coach and a QB coach. Gailey has A LOT of work to do. If Frazier didn't bring in the right guys to develop a QB and a line, he would have been doomed too.

cocamide
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
We're polishing a major turd.

The Bills organization is that turd. The hiring of Cowher would have been the polishing.

X-Era
01-18-2010, 05:57 PM
The only thing I like about this hire would be that he brought in Derrick Morgan and hes one of my favorite players in the whole draft.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
LINK (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/16/kansas_city_names_chan_gailey_offensive_coordinator/)
Well thats good

we are
01-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Lombardi
Landry...

never fired.

Pretty sure thats not true...

Al the Bills Fan
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Lombardi
Landry...

never fired.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spe/2004/feb25football/landry.html

hydro
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Lombardi
Landry...

never fired.

fail!

Mitchell55
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Jerry regreted it, Haley never said much, and who cares, it was college

soapman
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Cowher was promoted from the Browns to the Chiefs to the Steelers and then stepped down after winning the super bowl..he was never fired, only promoted..
Who cares. Cowher doesn't want to be here. Mute point.

TigerJ
01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Overall, it sounds like Gailey has a strong resume, and some good recommendations. The Bills could probably do worse. I'll wait and see how he does. It seems there are few alternatives: wait and see, give an unqualified endorsement, keep complaining until he's fired, or root for a different team. I don't see a whole lot of point in options two and three, and I'm not about to jump on the last option.

McBFLO
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah give it up on Cowher. He ain't coming here. Im open minded with Gailey, if that's who it ends up being. The guys seems to have most of the things they said they were looking for. He supposedly brings a run-first style of offense, which I think is appropriate for not only our climate, but even more importantly the look of our team. For now, we have 2 good RBs and no QB. It makes sense. Who else does this guy having a history of working with?

psubills62
01-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Who cares. Cowher doesn't want to be here. Mute point.

Or as Joey would say, "It's a moo point!"

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM

I've never been fired from a coaching job. That said, i don't remember Gailey doing much of anything as OC for the Dolphins or the Chiefs.. and his GT teams were pretty mediocre.

His Cowboys team was very talented, they really underperformed with him there.

Philagape
01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Gailey's 8-8 season with Dallas was the year Michael Irvin's career ended in Week 4. They won their first three games by a combined score of 100-49

jpdex12
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Big surprise...we didn't see this coming. The only thing that I'm curious about is why his resume is filled with short lived jobs? I'm always curious of a resume with lots of changes and short term jobs...I know it's the NFL which stands for Not For Long but what gives? At least he has coached with some impressive teams and his success seems to out weigh Jauron's.

I would love to see Mike Nolan come aboard as our DC. Some of you have mentioned Al Saunders...ahhhh....NO!

It'll be interesting to see who our DC and OC are. Next thing that we can all start doing is speculating who will get the axe from the team and which direction we will turn to with schemes on both sides of the ball. Then FA and the draft...oh boy, excitement!

JD
01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Can we change the billboard to "**** YOU COWHER!"?

Post edited for TOS violation No Swearing

Canadian'eh!
01-19-2010, 05:59 AM
I've never been fired from a coaching job. That said, i don't remember Gailey doing much of anything as OC for the Dolphins or the Chiefs.. and his GT teams were pretty mediocre.

Actually his Dallas team was a DYNASTY at the time. And he coached/downgraded it to being BAD, and a total rebuild.

GT fans despised him as a horrible coach, and even less likable person.

terrible.

Thief
01-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Look at ALL the coaches in the league, they have ALL been fired from somebody somewhere at some point.Fired Coordinators don't usually get their next gig as a head coach. Especially when fired from a horrid team.

Allow me to translate for Cowher, "Take Chan and leave me alone!"

CoolBreeze
01-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Actually his Dallas team was a DYNASTY at the time. And he coached/downgraded it to being BAD, and a total rebuild.

GT fans despised him as a horrible coach, and even less likable person.

terrible.

Huh? Dynasty... Dallas was 6-10 the year before Gailey.. They went 10-6 the following year.

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 07:54 AM

You're being far too kind.

dasaybz
01-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Bill Cowher can lick my balls.

**** him.

Canadian'eh!
01-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I recommended both my buddies for jobs that they both got.

One is a total lazy ass and he knows it. He calls in sick whenever there is something better to do, and he doesn't give a **** about how good his work is.

The other is borderline incompenent, who only graduated because i let him copy my tests for 3 straight years.

But of course I highly recommended them... they are my best friends. And if they **** up, it's not my problem.

better days
01-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Lombardi
Landry...

never fired.
Landry was fired by Jerry Jones & while Lombardi "retired", he was probably told retire or you will be fired by the Redskins.

better days
01-19-2010, 01:00 PM
And who fired Cowher?

If Cowher had worked for anyone but the Rooneys, he would have been fired after failing to win so many home playoff games.