PDA

View Full Version : Gailey Not Exciting But Winning Seems To Follow Him

Night Train
01-18-2010, 05:39 PM
10-6 & 8-8 under Jerry Jones. Made the playoffs both years.

Georgia Tech HC for 6 years. Won between 7-9 games each year and always played in a bowl game.

Miami OC for 2 years. 11-5 both seasons

Pittsburgh coach for 4 years in mid 90's under Cowher, 2 as OC - winners

Denver coach for 3 years during the Elway era, 2 as OC - winners

HC record
18-14 NFL
64-40 College

Has run both a 3-4 and 4-3 D. Run first, pass second on Offense.

It's Ralph, folks and nothing will change until he passes on. This guy is a fallback option without a doubt..but is 10 times better than Jauron, FWIW.
It is what it is.

Welcome Chan Gailey. Now let's start finding some quality asst's and get down south to scout those college all-star games.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I just want Ralph to go away...NOW!!!

SeatownBillsFan21
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the read and yeah this is a fall back option for sure and not my 1st or even 2nd choice but lets face it NO high profile HC or even OC or DC wanted this job so we get what we got and WE move forward i think with the right staff and a GREAT draft this could work.

Mike13
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Yeah, dont read into his record with the Dolphins, we won because of our defense not because of anything done on Offense.

mark1126
01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Haley said that making himself offensive coordinator while still finding his way as a head coach was the most difficult decision he's faced. He was offensive coordinator the past two years at Arizona.

"I think the world of Chan as a coach, have the greatest amount of respect for him as a coach, as a person," said Haley. "But ultimately, the fate of this team, the accountability, falls to me."

The Chiefs are 0-3 in the preseason and have scored only two offensive touchdowns. The injury to Cassel on Saturday raises even more questions about how ready the Chiefs -- who were 2-14 last year -- will be for their season opener.

"After going through three preseason games and a lot of OTAs and a lot of practices in training camp, it became more apparent to me that I had to be more involved," Haley said.

He also will serve as quarterbacks coach.

In a statement released by the team, Gailey said he respected Haley's decision.

<!-- / message -->

mark1126
01-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Gailey fired at Tech after six seasons

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=3127998) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127998#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=3127998&type=story) Share (http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:void(0);)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Yellow%20Jackets%20coach%20Gailey%20stung%20by%20being%20fired", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127998", published: "2007-11-26" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </SCRIPT>
<CITE class=source>Associated Press
</CITE>
<!-- end mod-article-title --><!-- begin story body --><!-- template inline -->
ATLANTA -- Chan Gailey never had a losing season in six years at Georgia Tech.

Then again, he never produced the sort of team that really got the fans excited.

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (BEGIN) -->
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1126/ncf_g_gailey_65.jpg Gailey

<!-- INLINE HEADSHOT (END) -->
Citing business considerations as much as wins and losses, athletic director Dan Radakovich fired Gailey on Monday, two days after his sixth straight loss to rival Georgia ended a season that failed to meet expectations.

The 55-year-old Gailey had lost support among the fan base, which made fundraising more difficult, and he wasn't the sort of dynamic personality who could help the Yellow Jackets make a name in the crowded Atlanta sports scene.

"Obviously, he didn't agree with the decision, but he understood there's a business aspect to this," Radakovich said. "As far as Xs and Os, Chan is a very good coach. But there's more to it now. College football is more than just Xs and Os, especially in the competitive market where we are."

Radakovich finalized his decision Sunday and broke the news to Gailey on Monday morning. Defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta took over as interim coach for an expected trip to the Emerald or Humanitarian Bowl, and he will be a candidate to keep the job permanently.

The move was widely expected after Georgia Tech (7-5) came up far short of another run at the Atlantic Coast Conference championship one year after winning its division. Also, Gailey never beat the school's biggest rival, dropping to 0-6 with a 31-17 loss to the Bulldogs on Saturday.
<!-- / message -->

Night Train
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Haley said that making himself offensive coordinator while still finding his way as a head coach was the most difficult decision he's faced. He was offensive coordinator the past two years at Arizona.

"I think the world of Chan as a coach, have the greatest amount of respect for him as a coach, as a person," said Haley. "But ultimately, the fate of this team, the accountability, falls to me."

The Chiefs are 0-3 in the preseason and have scored only two offensive touchdowns. The injury to Cassel on Saturday raises even more questions about how ready the Chiefs -- who were 2-14 last year -- will be for their season opener.

"After going through three preseason games and a lot of OTAs and a lot of practices in training camp, it became more apparent to me that I had to be more involved," Haley said.

He also will serve as quarterbacks coach.

In a statement released by the team, Gailey said he respected Haley's decision.

<!-- / message -->

Great move by Hailey. Remind us of the Chiefs record under OC/HC Hailey again. It was better than the Bills, right ?

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Its all about the assistants. I would be happy with Chan Galley, a solid offensive coordinator prospect and Nolan on defense.

Pipe dream for Nolan but Clayton said it is a real possibility if we want to switch to a 3-4.