PDA

View Full Version : Bills are negotiating a contract with Gailey tonight.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
That's what I have just heard and somebody over at BBMB said Lombardi just reported the two sides are in fact meeting tonight.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
The guy who told me worked on the Dallas Cowboys staff with Chan Gailey in the late 90's and now does sports talk radio in the Dallas metro area.

Mitchell55
01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Cool I think

Patti120
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
That's what I have just heard and somebody over at BBMB said Lombardi just reported the two sides are in fact meeting tonight.

just watched Lombardi say he was meeting with Ralph tonight and if things go well then he is probably our guy.

Personally, I can't wait. Being a bills fan the best :shoothead:

Demon
01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
I just hope two things.

1. Gailey can pull some strings and get some decent assistants.
2. Ralph Wilson agrees to leave him alone. Enough with the Friday night dinners about what plays we will call. F that. If we hire Gailey, let him do what he wants to do.

ZAZusmc03
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Really, the only thing we can hope for is a stellar staff around him.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
I just hope two things.

1. Gailey can pull some strings and get some decent assistants.
2. Ralph Wilson agrees to leave him alone. Enough with the Friday night dinners about what plays we will call. F that. If we hire Gailey, let him do what he wants to do.

Agreed and it seems this guy is a bit of a ***** and demands the best from his players. I like that part about him.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm still on the phone with this guy. Apparently there was a lot of unrest when Gailey was let go. The majority of the staff did not like Jerry Jones' decision and Jones himself has said he was regretful about not giving Gailey more time.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
if gailey wins a SB ill love him

untill then hes just more of the same crap

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm still on the phone with this guy. Apparently there was a lot of unrest when Gailey was let go. The majority of the staff did not like Jerry Jones' decision and Jones himself has said he was regretful about not giving Gailey more time.

I saw that quote from Jones a bit ago. Something along the lines of wishing he had given Gailey more time because he obviously had a decent measure of success. With that said, if we're looking at Jerry Jones for glimmers of hope, we're in dire straits.

Philagape
01-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry, so I'm not gonna hold that against Gailey

tampabay25690
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
if gailey wins a SB ill love him

untill then hes just more of the same crap

I think if he wins 9 games we will luv him.....................

JD
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Whoever over at that other message board that leaked Gainey first now has more legitimacy than anyone on this message board combined, does he have his own sports website yet?

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:13 PM
In an equally important move this evening, I negotiated a contract with McDonalds for a double cheeseburger.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
In an equally important move this evening, I negotiated a contract with McDonalds for a double cheeseburger.

Have you tried their new Big Mac wrap? Not a fan...

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Have you tried their new Big Mac wrap? Not a fan...
Negative.

I have zero reaction to this alleged hiring.

It will mean more of the same, and is nothing more than status quo IMO.

This is a yawner hiring.

But hey, since we didn't get a big name GM or HC, Ralph will have even more money to add to his cash to crap fund so that we can spend big money in free agency. :rolleyes:

So, we didn't get a big name GM
we didn't get a big name HC
And, according to Nix, we wont spend big money in free agency

Sounds like a great plan for getting even worse.

Oaf
01-18-2010, 07:25 PM
I would take Frazier over Gailey- just from what I've read, I still see Frazier as a stronger leader (even though he doesn't break headsets when he loses), someone who can woo top assistance, and who has the close consulting of Tony Dungy on his side.

Unless Frazier said no, he should be the guy.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Negative.

This is a yawner hiring.

But hey, since we didn't get a big name GM or HC, Ralph will have even more money to add to his cash to crap fund so that we can spend big money in free agency. :rolleyes:

I would rather he use the money on good coordinators and a first round QB.

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
I would rather he use the money on good coordinators and a first round QB.

Dont hold your breath on either.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 07:31 PM
SEMI-CONFIRMED:

http://www.wnyorker.com/content.php?292-Chan-Gailey-is-the-Buffalo-Bills-coach

Press conference as soon as tomorrow?

shelby
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
:hang:

Billz_fan
01-18-2010, 07:37 PM
sigh, I think I might need some time away. I honestly feel like crying.

YardRat
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Did they have to use a pic of him wearing a gawd-dammed Dolphins hat? Dumb-asses. :mad:

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
SEMI-CONFIRMED:

http://www.wnyorker.com/content.php?...lo-Bills-coach (http://www.wnyorker.com/content.php?292-Chan-Gailey-is-the-Buffalo-Bills-coach)

Press conference as soon as tomorrow?

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Is there any chance he could at least install a 3-4?

I mean, we will suck, but at least we will be properly using Maybin, and maybe Poz.

SABuffalo786
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Dont hold your breath on either.

Hey X-Era,

Now that Cowher is 99.9999% out of the running, you want to share your brother's Cowher information story?

Just curious.

Cntrygal
01-18-2010, 07:40 PM
:sigh:

Tatonka
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Negative.

This is a yawner hiring.

yeah.. i gotta be honest.. i feel the same way.. except for the bit of disgust i feel towards the team for doing this to its fans for this long.. this might be the worst possible six months as a bills fan that i can ever remember..

i never really felt like the bills were a joke before.. but it is true.. this is the best we can do.. we can't even get a guy like frazier now.. really? unreal.. just embarrassing.. there is just nothing, absolutely nothing enjoyable about being a bills fan.. so why are we? seriously? someone explain to me what the point is.. i actually want the team to go broke, fold, and move.. so i have no choice but to find another team to root for. i'd love to be a saints fan.. they are like the hot chick at work that you wanna drill.. but your stuck going home to a fat miserable ugly alcoholic wife who wont ever put out.. wtf is wrong with us.

Mr. Pink
01-18-2010, 07:41 PM
You know as I've thought of this hire...I don't completely hate it.

I will make sure ahead of time to say I don't completely like it either though.

He has enjoyed some moderate success in every step he's been in both in the NFL and College.

He holds players accountable, he gets in guys faces and it won't be a club med training camp.

If anything else players won't be allow to skate through anything and get half assed performances every week and he will attempt to build a winning culture.

I can get behind that when compared to who we've had in the past.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 07:42 PM
BTW Shelby, thanks for being the first to comment on my Buffalo Bills blog!

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Dear Ralph,

Fly to a remote tropical island to live out the final few years of your life.

There wont be anything of note happening anytime soon up here in Buffalo.

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM

He has enjoyed some moderate success in every step he's been in both in the NFL and College.

He holds players accountable, he gets in guys faces and it won't be a club med training camp.

If anything else players won't be allow to skate through anything and get half assed performances every week and he will attempt to build a winning culture.

Gregg was a "tough guy" too... Thats not even remotely enough for me.

Dicknoze69
yeah.. i gotta be honest.. i feel the same way.. except for the bit of disgust i feel towards the team for doing this to its fans for this long.. this might be the worst possible six months as a bills fan that i can ever remember..

i never really felt like the bills were a joke before.. but it is true.. this is the best we can do.. we can't even get a guy like frazier now.. really? unreal.. just embarrassing.. there is just nothing, absolutely nothing enjoyable about being a bills fan.. so why are we? seriously? someone explain to me what the point is.. i actually want the team to go broke, fold, and move.. so i have no choice but to find another team to root for. i'd love to be a saints fan.. they are like the hot chick at work that you wanna drill.. but your stuck going home to a fat miserable ugly alcoholic wife who wont ever put out.. wtf is wrong with us.

I get the impression we passed on Frazier for Gailey. We didn't want to wait for however long until Frazier was available and instead went in another direction. I hope this question gets addressed for someone either in the media or at the press conference.

Luisito23
Another pathetic retread coach, what a surprise. I would've been much happier with Frazier, but I guess the idiots at OBD couldn't wait any longer, and jumped the ship once again.

TacklingDummy
01-18-2010, 07:45 PM
I think if he wins 9 games we will luv him.....................
9 games in 2 years?

Mr. Pink
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM

Difference is Gailey has had success as an NFL HC, whereas Gregg did not.

Again, I'm not giving a ringing endorsement of the guy, but there were worse options available.

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
I get the impression we passed on Frazier for Gailey. We didn't want to wait for however long until Frazier was available and instead went in another direction. I hope this question gets addressed for someone either in the media or at the press conference.

Maybe we could invest our season ticket money into supporting Jerry Sullivan to get him to ride the team into the grave for this totally incompetent move.

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Difference is Gailey has had success as an NFL HC, whereas Gregg did not.

Again, I'm not giving a ringing endorsement of the guy, but there were worse options available.

Not playing man.

Ive watched this play for the past decade, we all know the ending.

ChristopherWalken
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Awesome!! This guy is an enigma. Should fit in wonderfully at one Bills drive.
AJC got a hold of it...

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2010/01/18/oh-look-chan-gailey-may-be-get-hired-again/?cxntfid=blogs_jeff_schultz_blog

Mr. Pink
01-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Not playing man.

Ive watched this play for the past decade, we all know the ending.

Alright let's be honest here...

If the hire was anyone besides Cowher you'd be upset...

Is that close to the truth?

X-Era
01-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Alright let's be honest here...

If the hire was anyone besides Cowher you'd be upset...

Is that close to the truth?

Upset? No.

I wanted anyone with a SB ring.

We didn't get that, and to me its more of the same.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have zero reason, on this team, to think otherwise.

Neubs24
01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I was more depressed when they hired Jauron over Mike "one losing season in GB" Sherman.

This is a "meh" hiring IMO

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 07:59 PM

Well said...the more I take it in, the less I totally hate it. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not a huge fan of it, but trust me, he is an improvement over Jauron.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
More confirmation starting to pile up folks. Looks like it is a done deal.

http://mixxnews.com/chan-gailey-reportedly-hired-by-buffalo-bills-10779.htm

Philagape
01-18-2010, 08:26 PM
More confirmation starting to pile up folks. Looks like it is a done deal.

http://mixxnews.com/chan-gailey-reportedly-hired-by-buffalo-bills-10779.htm

That's just reporting the reports we already knew about

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
That's just reporting the reports we already knew about

Yeah I read that after I had already posted it. I just went off the title.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
LOL... "if talks dont break down" what does that mean? if THE CHAN does not insult Ralph daughter during the interview or wants $20 a day as pay the deal is off?

dmosher12
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
wow this may be worse than the jauron hire. he didn't even build those cowboys teams.

Talked myself into frazier too. would have preferred that. this is horrible.

Demon
01-18-2010, 08:38 PM
wow this may be worse than the jauron hire. he didn't even build those cowboys teams.

Talked myself into frazier too. would have preferred that. this is horrible.

If you talked yourself into Frazier, you'll talk yourself into Gailey too. The guy is very good with the ball. He will need to get good people for OLine, QB coach and DC. Just like Frazier would have. I still didn't like Frazier and i didn't "talk myself into it". Frazier was garbage. People talk about the Buffalo Bills hitting rock bottom? He was rejected by the 1-15 Miami, the 0-16 Detroit, by St Louis and NOW by the team most say has sunk to rock bottom, the Buffalo Bills.

dmosher12
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
If you talked yourself into Frazier, you'll talk yourself into Gailey too. The guy is very good with the ball. He will need to get good people for OLine, QB coach and DC. Just like Frazier would have. I still didn't like Frazier and i didn't "talk myself into it". Frazier was garbage. People talk about the Buffalo Bills hitting rock bottom? He was rejected by the 1-15 Miami, the 0-16 Detroit, by St Louis and NOW by the team most say has sunk to rock bottom, the Buffalo Bills.

lol this is true, but i don't think i can talk myself into this guy. frazier may have turned out good. i'm pretty sure gailey is not a good coach regardless of what he did w/ some still stacked cowboys teams.

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Negative.

This is a yawner hiring.

yep.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
I love how everyone says that he inherited a "stacked" Cowboy team.

Maybe player name-wise, but the team he inherited was a 6-10 team on the decline . Coached them to a 10-6 record, then an 8-8 record. When he was fired, they went 5-11 the next three seasons.

Bill Parcells who inherited that last 5-11 team went 10-6 in his first year, 6-10 in his second.

I'm not saying he is going to be a great coach, I'm not even saying I'm mildly happy with this.

I am saying people label him as a career loser and think he got this all world roster. But they need to do some fact checking.

Great, now it sounds like I am defending this possible hire. Which is NOT my intention.

Ground Chuck
01-18-2010, 09:25 PM
I don't feel like looking it up (too depressing) but I bet his record is about the same as Jauron's was.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't feel like looking it up (too depressing) but I bet his record is about the same as Jauron's was.

Nope. One losing season in 11 years as a head coach.

Not too impressive with Dallas, 18-14 (0-2 in the playoffs) but all he got was those two years.

I think Jauron just had one winning season in how many years as a head coach?

God, please help me. I am NOT defending this hire.

Philagape
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM

You'd lose that bet.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 09:33 PM
He's not a loser...he's just not the candidate that we all hoped for. Trust me, I'm not happy about this hire, but it could have been worse....right?

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 09:35 PM
looked it up because I was interested.

Dick Jauron 60-82 0-1 in the playoffs

Chan Gailey 82-54 0-2 in playoffs (includes college and pros as a head coach)

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 09:37 PM
looked it up because I was interested.

Dick Jauron 60-82 0-1 in the playoffs

Chan Gailey 82-54 0-2 in playoffs (includes college and pros as a head coach)

Using his college record for a point of success ignores the fact that five of his six college seasons ended with a 7-6 or 7-5 record which is mediocre and ultimately lead to his firing at GT.

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
I love how everyone says that he inherited a "stacked" Cowboy team.

Maybe player name-wise, but the team he inherited was a 6-10 team on the decline . Coached them to a 10-6 record, then an 8-8 record. When he was fired, they went 5-11 the next three seasons.

Bill Parcells who inherited that last 5-11 team went 10-6 in his first year, 6-10 in his second.

I'm not saying he is going to be a great coach, I'm not even saying I'm mildly happy with this.

I am saying people label him as a career loser and think he got this all world roster. But they need to do some fact checking.

Great, now it sounds like I am defending this possible hire. Which is NOT my intention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Dallas_Cowboys_season

read that before you praise Gailey too much. everything happened that year to give them a down year. The previous year they were 10-6. They had a terrible season in 1997 largely because the players rebelled against the moron Switzer, and the team melted down.

that was a loaded Cowboys team he inherited.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Using his college record for a point of success ignores the fact that five of his six college seasons ended with a 7-6 or 7-5 record which is mediocre and ultimately lead to his firing at GT.

All I did was post the total records.

I am neither for, nor against this hiring.

Leaning towards against, but I really want to see what coordinators he brings in before I truly form an initial opinion.

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 09:44 PM
All I did was post the total records.

I am neither for, nor against this hiring.

Leaning towards against, but I really want to see what coordinators he brings in before I truly form an initial opinion.

Yeah I agree there. If he hires a poor defensive coordinator, people are going to freak more than they are now. I suspect we'll see Bates.

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Yeah I agree there. If he hires a poor defensive coordinator, people are going to freak more than they are now. I suspect we'll see Bates.

And if it's Bates i'll probably put myself into a coma on sundays.

I would hate that hire almost as much as Gailey. i mean we'd be reconstructing the Wannstedt Dolphins coaching staff right here in buffalo. it would be enough to make me vomit.

Dicknoze69
01-18-2010, 10:03 PM
And if it's Bates i'll probably put myself into a coma on sundays.

I would hate that hire almost as much as Gailey. i mean we'd be reconstructing the Wannstedt Dolphins coaching staff right here in buffalo. it would be enough to make me vomit.

Hey...any time you can reconstruct the Dave Wannstedt-era Dolphins, it's a must-do move!

better days
01-18-2010, 10:13 PM

Gregg was a "pseudo tough guy".

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Gregg was a "pseudo tough guy".

Gregg was as tough as you can be with man-boobs... Gailey is as tough as you can be with man-b.... wait a minute.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM
According to a couple of sites there is going to be a press conference tomorrow at 3 PM eastern. I linked one of the sites in my newest blog post.

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Another horrific move. Just when we got our hopes up as fans that Ralph would spend some money somewhere to bring in real front office guys... we promote Russ Brandon to CEO, give a 70 year old in house scout his first ever crack at GM, and hire a retread coach that nobody wanted EVEN AS A COORDINATOR!

This is really bad. This could be it for me as a fan. It really could. This is not sitting well at all. I mean, the Bills are just kicking sand in our faces at this point. This is realy horrible.

Tiburon1724
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
What's most frustrating is Billick standing in the corner wanting the job and the Bills ignoring him....wtf!!!!?!

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Another horrific move. Just when we got our hopes up as fans that Ralph would spend some money somewhere to bring in real front office guys... we promote Russ Brandon to CEO, give a 70 year old in house scout his first ever crack at GM, and hire a retread coach that nobody wanted EVEN AS A COORDINATOR!

This is really bad. This could be it for me as a fan. It really could. This is not sitting well at all. I mean, the Bills are just kicking sand in our faces at this point. This is realy horrible.

According to rotoworld the Bears wanted Gailey as their new OC.

Although I agree that this is a typical Bills move.

I really wanted Billick, Grimm or Garrett.

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
According to rotoworld the Bears wanted Gailey as their new OC.

Although I agree that this is a typical Bills move.

I really wanted Billick, Grimm or Garrett.

Whatever. The Bears blow. They ruined a talented QB (so far).

Billick would've been a huge upgrade. People can hate on him all they want, he took his team to the playoffs, he won divisions, he won the Super Bowl. Grimm and Garrett at least have SOME promise. Heck, I talked myself into Leslie Frazier after watching the game on Sunday and hearing some more love come his way from Tony Dungy. Now, he is getting passed over.

This is f'n ridiculous. This is worse than a typical Bills move. Mularkey and Williams were much better choices than that. At least they were real up and comers that were given a crack at being a head coach. I am way more pissed off with this move than even the Jauron hire. At least with Jauron, we had SOME faith that Marv Levy had SOME credibility at the time. Gailey is a big time retread being hired by a front office full of ass clowns that aren't even off their training wheels yet. There is no other way to put it. He's cheap, available, and didn't turn the Bills down. Apparently, those are the only qualifications at this point. It's only getting worse. After 3-4 years when Gailey gets fired after the Bills win 12 games over the course of his tenure, the Bills won't be able to get retread high school coaches to interview. Whatever. This could be the death knell. This is surreal it's so bad. It's like watching a horrific car accident right in front of you. It's like a horror movie. Only it's really happening.

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 10:45 PM

Billick would've been a huge upgrade. People can hate on him all they want, he took his team to the playoffs, he won divisions, he won the Super Bowl. Grimm and Garrett at least have SOME promise. Heck, I talked myself into Leslie Frazier after watching the game on Sunday and hearing some more love come his way from Tony Dungy. Now, he is getting passed over.

This is f'n ridiculous. This is worse than a typical Bills move. Mularkey and Williams were much better choices than that. At least they were real up and comers that were given a crack at being a head coach. Gailey is a big time retread. There is no other way to put it. He's cheap, available, and didn't turn the Bills down. Apparently, those are the only qualifications at this point. It's only getting worse. After 3-4 years when Gailey gets fired after the Bills win 12 games over the course of his tenure, the Bills won't be able to get retread high school coaches to interview. Whatever. This could be the death knell. This is surreal it's so bad. It's like watching a horrific car accident right in front of you. It's like a horror movie. Only it's really happening.

I will be doing a lot of drinking from here on out.

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 10:46 PM
This is surreal it's so bad. It's like watching a horrific car accident right in front of you. It's like a horror movie. Only it's really happening.

sums up my thoughts exactly.

Dicknoze69

This is f'n ridiculous. This is worse than a typical Bills move. Mularkey and Williams were much better choices than that. At least they were real up and comers that were given a crack at being a head coach. I am way more pissed off with this move than even the Jauron hire. At least with Jauron, we had SOME faith that Marv Levy had SOME credibility at the time. Gailey is a big time retread being hired by a front office full of ass clowns that aren't even off their training wheels yet. There is no other way to put it. He's cheap, available, and didn't turn the Bills down. Apparently, those are the only qualifications at this point. It's only getting worse. After 3-4 years when Gailey gets fired after the Bills win 12 games over the course of his tenure, the Bills won't be able to get retread high school coaches to interview. Whatever. This could be the death knell. This is surreal it's so bad. It's like watching a horrific car accident right in front of you. It's like a horror movie. Only it's really happening.

Exactly.

Philagape

Billick would've been a huge upgrade. People can hate on him all they want, he took his team to the playoffs, he won divisions, he won the Super Bowl.

Why do you give Billick credit for winning and not Gailey?

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 10:47 PM
I will be doing a lot of drinking from here on out.

I'll tell you how bad this is. It's to the point where my gut reaction is that I don't even want to watch football at this point. That's how bad the Bills have poisoned me. I can't even switch teams, they've killed the enjoyment of the entire sport for me!

Maybe the Chargers will move to L.A. and I can talk myself into that...

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Why do you give Billick credit for winning and not Gailey?

Billick took over a loser franchise that moved to Baltimore. He built that team with Ozzie Newsome. Gailey took over the leftovers of the Super Bowl teams that Barry Switzer couldn't handle any more.

One of the most unbelievable things of the last 25 years was that Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. That's how talented that team was. And he blew it. And Gailey took over and got one or two halfway decent entry level playoff seasons out of those guys. Then it was over.

Gailey sucks. Don't talk yourselves into it. Don't be sheep. This is like the scene from "Deliverance", with the fans collectively represented by Ned Beatty propped up against the tree. And Russ and Ralph are the rednecks...

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Billick took over a loser franchise that moved to Baltimore. He built that team with Ozzie Newsome. Gailey took over the leftovers of the Super Bowl teams that Barry Switzer couldn't handle any more.

One of the most unbelievable things of the last 25 years was that Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl. That's how talented that team was. And he blew it. And Gailey took over and got one or two halfway decent entry level playoff seasons out of those guys. Then it was over.

Gailey sucks. Don't talk yourselves into it. Don't be sheep. This is like the scene from "Deliverance", with the fans collectively represented by Ned Beatty propped up against the tree. And Russ and Ralph are the rednecks...

you're hitting homeruns

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Sad thing is I can't kick the habit. I have loved the Bills all my life and as much as they disappoint me or break my heart I have no regrets.

If I am truly being honest with myself I could never not watch the Bills and I hate it.

more cowbell
01-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Brian Billick won playoff games and a superbowl. Chan Gailey never did either, and will not with the Bills.

I knew we would hire somebody stupid, but this...this is REALLY a new low

Philagape
01-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Billick took over a loser franchise that moved to Baltimore. He built that team with Ozzie Newsome.

No, he didn't. The defense was loaded when Billick got there. They won the SB in Billick's second season. When he was there long enough that it could be called his team, they went 1-3 in the playoffs during the rest of his tenure, which included three losing seasons.

Teams don't win the Super Bowl every year. One thing not to be overlooked about Gailey's 8-8 year in Dallas was that Michael Irvin's career ended in Week 4. They were 3-0 at the time, having scored 100 points in their first three games.

Billick's credentials are better, but their circumstances aren't so far apart that one can be dismissed and the other can't.

Crazyfootball
01-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Somebody please stop Ralph from destroying this team.

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 11:27 PM
too late i think

BillsWin
01-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Drayton Florence just basically confirmed a new coach tomorrow. According to BBMB

The Spaz
01-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah Drayton Florence said most likely a press conference at 3pm tomorrow. From his twitter account.

Oaf
01-18-2010, 11:31 PM
*sigh*

We are going to regret not signing Frazier, not based on what we do w/ Gailey, but on what another team will do w/ Frazier..

The Spaz
01-18-2010, 11:31 PM
The only positive thing I get from this is their won't be any internal rifts and fighting going on with the GM and coach.

Mudflap1
01-18-2010, 11:33 PM
No, he didn't. The defense was loaded when Billick got there. They won the SB in Billick's second season. When he was there long enough that it could be called his team, they went 1-3 in the playoffs during the rest of his tenure, which included three losing seasons.

Teams don't win the Super Bowl every year. One thing not to be overlooked about Gailey's 8-8 year in Dallas was that Michael Irvin's career ended in Week 4. They were 3-0 at the time, having scored 100 points in their first three games.

Billick's credentials are better, but their circumstances aren't so far apart that one can be dismissed and the other can't.

"Baaaaah... baaaaaah". Are we Bills fans turning into Stepford Wives again?

Stop talking yourself into this move. IT FREAKING BLOWS on every level.

If Gailey is so much better than Billick, why did Billick last until last year? Gailey has been fired from SEVERAL jobs since he took over for the Cowboys, and I'm not talking about head coaching jobs only. He can't keep a job, head coach, coordinator, college, pro. But the BILLS hire him when no one else was even sniffing him for a head coaching job, and only one team that we know of was remotely interested in him as a coordinator, and that team is a mess right now also.

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:01 AM
*sigh*

We are going to regret not signing Frazier, not based on what we do w/ Gailey, but on what another team will do w/ Frazier..

The 1-15 Dolphins.
The 0-16 Lions.
and the rock bottom Bills

All passed on this guy. Are you sure Frazier is the next coming?

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:04 AM
The 1-15 Dolphins.
The 0-16 Lions.
and the rock bottom Bills

All passed on this guy. Are you sure Frazier is the next coming?

We don't know if the Bills passed on him, do we? All I have seen is that he went from clear front runner, to someone that had a great game on Sunday and has people buzzing, to "not the likely choice" for the Bills all of a sudden. Sounds to me like Frazier might realize he has better options at this point (like waiting for another job to open).

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
We don't know if the Bills passed on him, do we? All I have seen is that he went from clear front runner, to someone that had a great game on Sunday and has people buzzing, to "not the likely choice" for the Bills all of a sudden. Sounds to me like Frazier might realize he has better options at this point (like waiting for another job to open).

Come on, seriously???

Everyone who rejects the Bills has come out, except Cowher, and said they are not interested. Frazier never did. Then, news breaks that "Frazier is NOT likley to become coach". If that doesn't mean that the Bills told him thanks for your time, but sorry, then idk what does. The Bills rejected the guy. Sorry if it's hard for you to believe but it is what it is.

Gailey > Frazier.

Despite all of the question marks that would follow Frazier (similarities to Jauron as well), the Bills NEEDED an offensive head coach. Plain and simple.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:28 AM
We don't know. I'm not saying that Frazier passed on the Bills for sure... but you can't say the Bills passed on Frazier for sure. Literally everyone else passed on the Bills. I'm not sold on Frazier either. I kind of talked myself into him a bit, but I'm not sold. The only thing Gailey has going for him is that he is an offensive-minded coach. That's not saying much though, as we saw with Mike Mularkey.

The Chan Gailey hire has come out of nowhere and is absolutely atrocious. Instead of putting myself through the pain for another 3-4 years, I'm making my mind up now and moving on with desensitizing myself. The Bills suck in every way.

Demon
01-19-2010, 12:31 AM
We don't know. I'm not saying that Frazier passed on the Bills for sure... but you can't say the Bills passed on Frazier for sure. Literally everyone else passed on the Bills. I'm not sold on Frazier either. I kind of talked myself into him a bit, but I'm not sold. The only thing Gailey has going for him is that he is an offensive-minded coach. That's not saying much though, as we saw with Mike Mularkey.

The Chan Gailey hire has come out of nowhere and is absolutely atrocious. Instead of putting myself through the pain for another 3-4 years, I'm making my mind up now and moving on with desensitizing myself. The Bills suck in every way.

You'll be back. Even if you "quit" you'll be back by the draft. If you quit then, you'll be back when Gailey wins a game. I know you will, everyone always comes back.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 12:39 AM
You'll be back. Even if you "quit" you'll be back by the draft. If you quit then, you'll be back when Gailey wins a game. I know you will, everyone always comes back.

I didn't say that I quit... yet. I said I'm on the verge. They have pushed me to the brink. That being said, I can't possibly say at this point that the Buffalo Bills are worth spending money on. They aren't, and I won't be back in that regard for a looooong time.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-19-2010, 12:53 AM
dont let the door hit u on the way out butthead!!!!!!

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 01:02 AM
dont let the door hit u on the way out butthead!!!!!!

Welcome to my ignore list rookie...

NOT THE DUDE...
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
good, i hope u have fun rooting for another team...

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 01:08 AM
Ignore list, ignore list, ignore list. Great feature!

BillsWin
01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Mudflap, you're a riot. lol. why are all these new posters coming over from bbmb?

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 02:19 AM
Mudflap, you're a riot. lol. why are all these new posters coming over from bbmb?

Probably because we have guys that actually come up with real informaton such as yourself, Pat, Sal, Ingtar33, T-Long, etc. and we have real posters (for the most part -- since there has been a mass defection of clowns from BBMB) that give thoughtful responses.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-19-2010, 02:20 AM
mudflap why are u here, go root for another team . u said u give up.... go away....

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 07:37 AM
For those that haven't seen Gailey first hand (I suffered through watching him destroy Georgia Tech), if you think Jauron was bad about in game decisions, and clock management, you're going to love Gailey...well love ripping him for it. One of the worst game managers Ive ever seen coach. Horrible play calls, horrible schemes, and little to no control. He's a smart guy but everytime he's a HC he's in over his head. This is the worst possible hire, Id rather bring Ray Rhodes or Dennis Green back.

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 07:42 AM
I would have much rather we hired an unexperienced top Coordinator.

My opinion is the franchise is now making this personal. They don't like our attitude so now they are going to forcefeed us crap until we learn to shut up and not make waves

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
I would have much rather we hired an unexperienced top Coordinator.

My opinion is the franchise is now making this personal. They don't like our attitude so now they are going to forcefeed us crap until we learn to shut up and not make waves

Like I said before about the billboard...it was a bad idea. You get what you ask for.

And no Im not saying that Gailey being our HC is solely on the fans that supported the Billboard idea.

don137
01-19-2010, 08:07 AM
I have to agree with Draftboy. Living down here in the south where people live college football the way Buffalonians live NFL football and NHL hockey Gailey was not respected by college football fans. Opponent fans loved him at Georgia Tech because he was not that good of a coach.

ddaryl
01-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Like I said before about the billboard...it was a bad idea. You get what you ask for.

And no Im not saying that Gailey being our HC is solely on the fans that supported the Billboard idea.

Boy do you have dual personalities or what.

You 1st sentence clearly blames the billboard crowd, but then your 2nd sentence is your get of jail free card from your 1st statement. You can't have it both ways.

So just admit it. you blame the billboard crowd for this... which is pretty damn funny IMO...

Philagape
01-19-2010, 08:43 AM
If Gailey is so much better than Billick, why did Billick last until last year?

I didn't say Gailey was better. In fact, I said the opposite. (Even though Billick is the one still out of football and apparently hasn't gotten an offer for anything from anybody.)

I'm just giving Gailey a chance before condemning him, and actually doing some research to get the facts right about the circumstances of their careers.
Such as Jerry Jones regrets firing him, and KC let him go because Haley wanted to run his own scheme.

DraftBoy
01-19-2010, 10:32 AM

You 1st sentence clearly blames the billboard crowd, but then your 2nd sentence is your get of jail free card from your 1st statement. You can't have it both ways.

So just admit it. you blame the billboard crowd for this... which is pretty damn funny IMO...

I never once said I dont blame the billboard crowd for this. I do, but are they alone in that blame? No, that would be stupid. Ralph is to blame as well, but not because he didnt try to get a better coach, because he has simply allowed the franchise to degrade down to this point.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Come on, seriously???

Everyone who rejects the Bills has come out, except Cowher, and said they are not interested. Frazier never did. Then, news breaks that "Frazier is NOT likley to become coach". If that doesn't mean that the Bills told him thanks for your time, but sorry, then idk what does. The Bills rejected the guy. Sorry if it's hard for you to believe but it is what it is.

Gailey > Frazier.

Despite all of the question marks that would follow Frazier (similarities to Jauron as well), the Bills NEEDED an offensive head coach. Plain and simple.

Well well well... what do we have here... Peter King reporting this morning that Leslie Frazier was NOT interested in the Bills. Would you like some salt and pepper on your crow?

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 10:38 AM

Here's a fresh idea: Why don't you NOT blame the fans who support this team blindly year after year, and focus your blame on the owner and management, who are led by a 91 year old living in the past who is cheap, a ticket salesman who is not qualified to be a CEO, and a 70 year old in house scout promoted to GM for the first time. How about that? The leadership of the Bills obviously has no respect in the rest of the country/NFL.

Mudflap1
01-19-2010, 10:40 AM
I didn't say Gailey was better. In fact, I said the opposite. (Even though Billick is the one still out of football and apparently hasn't gotten an offer for anything from anybody.)

I'm just giving Gailey a chance before condemning him, and actually doing some research to get the facts right about the circumstances of their careers.
Such as Jerry Jones regrets firing him, and KC let him go because Haley wanted to run his own scheme.

I don't hate Gailey. I hate the hire, and I hate the Bills for making the hire. It's their fault they are so pathetic that nobody other than retreads will talk to them. First time coordinators won't even talk to them at this point. That's who I blame. It never should have come to this. We've seen this movie, and we know how it ends. The fans get axe murdered. Instead of "Scream: 2", it's "Jauron: 2".