X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

How to like Chan Gailey

I'm gonna get bashed for starting this thread, but I'm a Bills fan, and I gotta try to be optimistic. Yeah, I'm a homer, and maybe I'm a little dilusional, but I don't give a crap!! I love this team, and gotta try to be positive about this b/c I really think that this could be a solid hire for us for several reasons.

Admitadley, for the first hour or so, I was hoppin mad about this hire. To be honest, I was mad b/c we didn't get a name. I wanted Cowher, Shanny, just like the rest of you, but was ready to settle for Frazier, Grimm, or Garrett. They are credible names around the NFL, but none had experience at being a HC.

How did I simmer down about Gailey? I read & researched about him. I am now optimistic that we might have hired a guy that can help us become relevant & competitive once again. Let me point out a few things that I like....

- we got a coach who knows offense, and he's done it w/ marginal talent which is what we have here.
    - madd experience & good amount of football knowledge
    - players will respect him
    - will bring a qualified & knowledgable staff. we will have a much more hands on coaching staff I can tell ya that.
    - hard working coach & hopefully that mentality will rub off on some of our lazier players.
    - is a smash mouth, run-first mentality coach, which is why we all wanted Grimm; isn't it?
    AND THE BIGGEST REASON.....
    **** he's won every where he's gone!! he's won w/ medaling owners (Jerry Jones), he's won w/ srub qb's (Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas), he's won in college, he's won at every stop, and I think he'll win right smack dab here in Buffalo.

Go ahead and rip away...
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

Re: How to like Chan Gailey

from what i see he has not won much... his overall record is pretty close to .500

sounds like a luke warm milk before bed

sorry, same ol same ol at OBD
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
        lol

I'm not in denial. Yeah I wanted Cowher, but ultimately I wanted a guy that could coach us back into the playoffs, and I think Gailey can do it.
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by elltrain22
          I'm gonna get bashed for starting this thread, but I'm a Bills fan, and I gotta try to be optimistic. Yeah, I'm a homer, and maybe I'm a little dilusional, but I don't give a crap!! I love this team, and gotta try to be positive about this b/c I really think that this could be a solid hire for us for several reasons.

Admitadley, for the first hour or so, I was hoppin mad about this hire. To be honest, I was mad b/c we didn't get a name. I wanted Cowher, Shanny, just like the rest of you, but was ready to settle for Frazier, Grimm, or Garrett. They are credible names around the NFL, but none had experience at being a HC.

How did I simmer down about Gailey? I read & researched about him. I am now optimistic that we might have hired a guy that can help us become relevant & competitive once again. Let me point out a few things that I like....

- we got a coach who knows offense, and he's done it w/ marginal talent which is what we have here.
          - will bring a qualified & knowledgable staff. we will have a much more hands on coaching staff I can tell ya that.
          - hard working coach & hopefully that mentality will rub off on some of our lazier players.
          - is a smash mouth, run-first mentality coach, which is why we all wanted Grimm; isn't it?
          **** he's won every where he's gone!! he's won w/ medaling owners (Jerry Jones), he's won w/ srub qb's (Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas), he's won in college, he's won at every stop, and I think he'll win right smack dab here in Buffalo.

Go ahead and rip away...
          That is definitely the yin side... anyone going to offer up the yang? That didn't come out right...

Comment

• bills4ver
            • Sep 2008

the thing I like is he is an offensive coach, but worries me BIG time he has been a coach 6 times already this is 7 and fired all 6.

That tells you he has experience as a Head Coach, but fails?

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

i just want a 3-4 D if he brings in nolan i can live with the move more.....not happy tho

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I've likewise calmed down a bit.

I think he's Norv Turner or Wade Phillips. Depending on who he brings with him, I'm willing to bet we improve a fair amount over the previous 7-9 status quo. Maybe not immediately, but with Nix bringing better talent, I think it will happen.

However, I also don't think he's the guy who's going to take us through to the Super Bowl or even late January. This is a safer hire than one a Russ Grimm, Leslie Frazier, Brian Schottenheimer etc., but one with less upside. Those would be high risk/high reward hires, this one is more of a moderate risk/moderate reward.

Considering where this franchise is at, maybe that's what we need. A VERY long term plan. Build us back up to respectability, so that we can then attract the top talent.

I feel like a guy who was looking at Audis and couldn't get a loan, so he ended up with a Ford Taurus. Actually, I am that guy: and after the initial disappointment, turns out I like the Taurus.
                Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 01-18-2010, 08:59 PM.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
                  • Dec 2008

I'll tell you how to like him....find a pic of cowher online, print it out, and tape it to your TV over Gailey's face during games.

Comment

• JPFBillsFan
                    • Jan 2006

2 years....same courtesy i give everyone.....show me improvement and you'll have my full support

Comment

• elltrain22
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jae1986
                      I'll tell you how to like him....find a pic of cowher online, print it out, and tape it to your TV over Gailey's face during games.
                      or look at our win loss record after the 2010 season has concluded, and appreciate the fact that our team finished w/ more wins than losses.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by elltrain22

Go ahead and rip away...
                        That was better than a fat rail of Prozac...

Cue the Black Betty boys...I think we gonna score a few points!

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          That was better than a fat rail of Prozac...

Cue the Black Betty boys...I think we gonna score a few points!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

hey......he's not dick jauron nor is his coaching style remotely close to his. that's all i care about.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Does he understand the importance of time out's remaining near the end of the 4th qtr? If so, then it's an improvement!

Comment

Working...
                              X