• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I just can't hold back any more.

I've been relatively silent during this whole coaching search, but enough is enough.

Remember those "big changes" Ralph promised? Well, where the hell are they? He fired Jauron and hired Nix, but the three-headed incompetence monster of Brandon, Modrak and Guy remains.

When Tom Donahoe got fired, these three idiots stayed.
    When Marv Levy left, these three idiots stayed.
    Now, when Buddy Nix is hired, these three idiots stay.

4 regime changes, but the same idiots making the decisions. On top of that, Ralph once again is going cheap with the HC by picking Chan Gailey. Let's go through the list of coaches who didn't want to coach here:
    Shanahan
    Cowher
    Shottenheimer, Brian
    Garrett (not officially announced but I have it on good authority that he had no interest)
    Grimm (although, to be fair, Grimm warmed up and agreed to an interview).

Think there is any correlation? Coaches talk, players talk. No one will be willing to come here as long as Ralph and the three stooges are running the show.

And it's not just coaches. It's players. Over the last few years, the following players did not want to be in Buffalo:
    McGahee
    J. Peters
    Dockery (read the Wash Post article from last year- he only came to Buffalo for the money)
    Darwin Walker
    Tony Gonzales (used his no trade clause to nix a trade to Buffalo)

And these are just the ones we know about- we have no idea how many FA's may have turned this franchise down.

Ralph has created a situation where neither players nor coaches want to work for him. People will defend him by saying "he tried to get Cowher- it's not his fault Cowher didn't want to play here." But it IS his fault. It's Ralph's job to be on par with the competition in terms of employment. Yet, he interferes, he promotes FO personnel who do not do their jobs, he pays lip service to "change" and he generally does not commit to winning.

To make matters worse, Ralph has done NOTHING to secure the future of this team in Buffalo beyond 2012. The Bills have some of the most loyal fans in the NFL, as evident by being 10th in attendance despite having the 3rd smallest market in the league and a 6-10 record. And THIS is how Ralph rewards us for taking his $25,000 investment and making it worth $821 MILLION?

The way this team has been mismanaged is absolutely disgraceful. The beginning of the end of the Buffalo Bills was when Ralph Wilson let Bill Polian get away. Hiring Jauron sealed their fate. This team is as good as gone after 2012 and it's Ralph Wilson's fault.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: I just can't hold back any more.

One question, who was he supposed to hire?

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

He is supposed to run the organization in a fashion that people would actually want to do the job and have the support they need to do it well.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
        He is supposed to run the organization in a fashion that people would actually want to do the job and have the support they need to do it well.
        That didn't answer the question, who was he suppose to hire?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          One question, who was he supposed to hire?
          Frazier, Grimm, Garrett, Mike Zimmer (if the Bills would have met with him before he re-signed).

None of them would have been the perfect hire but I think they would have all been better than Gailey.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Impeach Wilson from the Hall of Fame. I'd sign.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Frazier, Grimm, Garrett, Mike Zimmer (if the Bills would have met with him before he re-signed).

None of them would have been the perfect hire but I think they would have all been better than Gailey.
              So basically you wanted someone like a Gregg Williams/Mike Mularkey hire?
              Last edited by TacklingDummy; 01-18-2010, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

So basically you wanted someone like a Gregg Williams/Mike Mularkey hire?
                so, basically, if Ralph ran the organization better, he'd be able to hire a Shanahan or a Cowher. But he doesn't, so guys like that have no interest.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

so, basically, if Ralph ran the organization better, he'd be able to hire a Shanahan or a Cowher. But he doesn't, so guys like that have no interest.
                  I'd like to see a link quoting Shanahan or Cowher saying they didn't want to come to Buffalo because of Ralph.

They weren't going to come here even if God was the owner. Shanahan wanted the Redskins job and Cowher will get the Carolina job eventually. Buffalo had no chance with either, you can blame whoever you want.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

I've been relatively silent during this whole coaching search, but enough is enough.

Remember those "big changes" Ralph promised? Well, where the hell are they? He fired Jauron and hired Nix, but the three-headed incompetence monster of Brandon, Modrak and Guy remains.

When Tom Donahoe got fired, these three idiots stayed.
                    When Marv Levy left, these three idiots stayed.
                    Now, when Buddy Nix is hired, these three idiots stay.

4 regime changes, but the same idiots making the decisions. On top of that, Ralph once again is going cheap with the HC by picking Chan Gailey. Let's go through the list of coaches who didn't want to coach here:
                    Shanahan
                    Cowher
                    Shottenheimer, Brian
                    Garrett (not officially announced but I have it on good authority that he had no interest)
                    Grimm (although, to be fair, Grimm warmed up and agreed to an interview).

Think there is any correlation? Coaches talk, players talk. No one will be willing to come here as long as Ralph and the three stooges are running the show.

And it's not just coaches. It's players. Over the last few years, the following players did not want to be in Buffalo:
                    McGahee
                    J. Peters
                    Dockery (read the Wash Post article from last year- he only came to Buffalo for the money)
                    Darwin Walker
                    Tony Gonzales (used his no trade clause to nix a trade to Buffalo)

And these are just the ones we know about- we have no idea how many FA's may have turned this franchise down.

Ralph has created a situation where neither players nor coaches want to work for him. People will defend him by saying "he tried to get Cowher- it's not his fault Cowher didn't want to play here." But it IS his fault. It's Ralph's job to be on par with the competition in terms of employment. Yet, he interferes, he promotes FO personnel who do not do their jobs, he pays lip service to "change" and he generally does not commit to winning.

To make matters worse, Ralph has done NOTHING to secure the future of this team in Buffalo beyond 2012. The Bills have some of the most loyal fans in the NFL, as evident by being 10th in attendance despite having the 3rd smallest market in the league and a 6-10 record. And THIS is how Ralph rewards us for taking his $25,000 investment and making it worth $821 MILLION?

The way this team has been mismanaged is absolutely disgraceful. The beginning of the end of the Buffalo Bills was when Ralph Wilson let Bill Polian get away. Hiring Jauron sealed their fate. This team is as good as gone after 2012 and it's Ralph Wilson's fault.
                    SUPER MEGA DITTOS!!!! OP FOR PRES!
                    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Luisito23
                      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                      • Apr 2003

Wake me up in 2013, maybe then we'll get it right.
                      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

BTW, none of these changes are going to work without a franchise QB. Even if Cowher was named Head coach.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Bobby Ross was Marv Levy's initial choice for OC, but he ended up not being interested.

Levy had to 'settle' for Ted Marchibroda.

Just sayin'.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I'd like to see a link quoting Shanahan or Cowher saying they didn't want to come to Buffalo because of Ralph.

They weren't going to come here even if God was the owner. Shanahan wanted the Redskins job and Cowher will get the Carolina job eventually. Buffalo had no chance with either, you can blame whoever you want.
                            Great post, BTW. Bullseye.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                              • Sep 2009

I feel the same way, Ralph revamped FO = everyone moves up one peg in the organization. By the way you left Harbaugh out of the coaches that turned down the job.
                              Last edited by BoyILuvLoznStupidly; 01-18-2010, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X