PDA

View Full Version : Gailey already has his staff

Demon
01-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, i don't know if it's all complete, i have heard from a VERY VERY reliable person that Jason Glenn will be named to Gailey's staff. Not sure what, my friend doesn't even know himself. He says most likely a LB coach. He is currently working for Minnesota Vikings. My person doesn't know what he does there besides he's a coach.

While, coming here to tell you guys i have insider info about a LB coach or whatever may be the worst insider news ever, i think this means Gailey is a Buffalo Bill as we type here.

Mitchell55
01-18-2010, 08:53 PM
I hope it is. But hopefully it doesnt mean no 3-4

Typ0
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
We just have to pray this isn't going to be another let's promote people to get them here fiaso. Some of those guys are just not going to perform great in the new job and there goes the neighborhood. However, they will all work on the cheap.

Demon
01-18-2010, 08:55 PM
I just re-read my post and I don't know if i was clear in it, but this Jason Glenn guy was "hired" today as in he signed his contract.

bills4ver
01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Jason Glenn is only 30 years old and is a LB for the vikings not a coach? That would be great promote a guy with no starting nfl experience to be LB coach?

makes no sense.

rcd333
01-18-2010, 09:03 PM
he's the special teams assistant for the vikings right now. so he's not going to change jobs right before a nfc championship game

Mitchell55
01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
So we are hiring a current nfl LB as a coach?

Demon
01-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Jason Glenn is only 30 years old and is a LB for the vikings not a coach? That would be great promote a guy with no starting nfl experience to be LB coach?

makes no sense.

He retired due to injuries. He's a coach on the Viks this season, I have no idea in what capacity. Makes no sense but i can honestly tell you, he's a Buffalo Bill right now as i type this. Why would i make it up on a guy like Jason Glenn?

My point is, Gailey has his staff made. I have NO IDEA what capacity Glenn will be here in Buffalo but he's coming. Bills wouldn't be hiring coaches if Gailey was still not sure if he would come here.

Jaybird
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Well, i don't know if it's all complete, i have heard from a VERY VERY reliable person that Jason Glenn will be named to Gailey's staff. Not sure what, my friend doesn't even know himself. He says most likely a LB coach. He is currently working for Minnesota Vikings. My person doesn't know what he does there besides he's a coach.

While, coming here to tell you guys i have insider info about a LB coach or whatever may be the worst insider news ever, i think this means Gailey is a Buffalo Bill as we type here.

Maybe he can play, once the majority of our lb are on the injured reserve

Demon
01-18-2010, 09:07 PM
he's the special teams assistant for the vikings right now. so he's not going to change jobs right before a nfc championship game

He's on the Viks coaching staff right now. Like an assistant to the LB coach or some small role like that.

Mitchell55
01-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Maybe he can play, once the majority of our lb are on the injured reserve

That would actually be interesting. I wonder if it could happen

Jaybird
01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
That would actually be interesting. I wonder if it could happen

my post was sarcastic

DBrown77
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
He's on the Viks coaching staff right now. Like an assistant to the LB coach or some small role like that.So he signed a contract with the Bills when he is coaching in the NFC title game? Something doesnt seem right with that.

Demon
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
So he signed a contract with the Bills when he is coaching in the NFC title game? Something doesnt seem right with that.

Yeah, i don't know, i asked my friend about that too and he doesn't know either. From what I know, Glenn is a done deal. I would assume, the Bills will let him coach Sunday though and once Viks are done, Glenn will come here. I guess we just have to wait and see, but this source is just too good to not be true.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah, i don't know, i asked my friend about that too and he doesn't know either. From what I know, Glenn is a done deal. I would assume, the Bills will let him coach Sunday though and once Viks are done, Glenn will come here. I guess we just have to wait and see, but this source is just too good to not be true.

Sorry Demon, but it doesn't matter what level of coach they are, teams cannot talk to assistants from other teams while those teams are in the playoffs. This doesn't add up. I'm not saying he isn't pegged to come on board with Gailey if/when he is hired, but he did not sign a contract today.

mark1126
01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Jason Glenn makes his debut with the Vikings in 2009, pursuing a career in the NFL combining two areas where he excelled during his own 6-year playing career. Glenn will assist in dual areas with the Vikings- helping coach the special teams units and working with the Vikings Player Development programs.

Glenn’s experience as a special teams standout and as a player who took advantage of opportunities at the club and NFL level through Player Development will allow him to relate closely with current players.

Having players embrace roles on special teams and taking pride in performing in that phase of the game will enhance the units. At the same time, having players embrace continuing education opportunities, internships and career development off the field will help those players successfully transition to post-football life.

Glenn worked diligently during his NFL career to finish his bachelor’s degree at Texas A&M and pursue a master’s degree. An active participant in Player Development projects during his career and a regular supporter of community outreach efforts, Glenn was able to give back to his community throughout his career.

Originally a 6th round (#173 overall) draft pick by Detroit in 2001, Glenn played for the NY Jets from 2001-04 before going to Miami in 2005 and joining the Vikings in 2006. A standout special teams player throughout his career, Glenn made 1 start on defense, opening a game at MLB for the Jets in 2003.
During his Jets career, Glenn had the chance to play with his older brother, Aaron, a former 1st-round draft choice at CB by the Jets.

Glenn joined the Vikings in 2009 from the Houston, TX public school system where he worked as an assistant athletics director. A product of the Houston area, Glenn was named the Houston Touchdown Club’s Defensive Player of the Year and a Texas 5A all-state honoree as a senior at Nimitz High. Glenn moved on to Texas A&M where he was an All-Big 12 choice as a senior.
Glenn and wife, Terrika, have a daughter, Kaidance and a son, Jason, Jr. The family resides in suburban Minneapolis

Demon
01-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Sorry Demon, but it doesn't matter what level of coach they are, teams cannot talk to assistants from other teams while those teams are in the playoffs. This doesn't add up. I'm not saying he isn't pegged to come on board with Gailey if/when he is hired, but he did not sign a contract today.

Then maybe they did give us permission? Would the media report if the assistant to the ST coach got asked for permission by another team? Honestly, i don't know, all i know is, who ever is going to be the next coach, Glenn is on the staff. Maybe the I's arn't dotted yet or something. lol

TigerJ
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Glenn is listed as a "special teams assistant/player development assistant" Perhaps if he's that low on the coaching totem pole at Minnesota he's working without a contract. He certainly wouldn't be playing a critical role on the Vikings staff.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Then maybe they did give us permission? Would the media report if the assistant to the ST coach got asked for permission by another team? Honestly, i don't know, all i know is, who ever is going to be the next coach, Glenn is on the staff. Maybe the I's arn't dotted yet or something. lol

Like I said, maybe he is earmarked for Buffalo, but he's in the NFC Championship game and he is going anywhere until their season is gone. It doesn't matter what level he is at, he can't leave until the end of the year.

Nighthawk
01-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Glenn is listed as a "special teams assistant/player development assistant" Perhaps if he's that low on the coaching totem pole at Minnesota he's working without a contract. He certainly wouldn't be playing a critical role on the Vikings staff.

He'll probably be the Bills DC...that's how we roll! :(

Ingtar33
01-18-2010, 09:46 PM

he might be working without a salary. many "special assistants" in the NFL work without a contract.. and a large number without even a salary.

Billz_fan
01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
OMG, all I can do is laugh. Lets head over to OBD. I hear they are hiring !

Billz_fan
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
So we are hiring a current nfl LB as a coach?

LMAO, this is great stuff. Nothing against you Mitch I just think whats going on is insanity.